Promised to set coworker on date, still asks about it months later

MDWv2

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I'm in college and work as a delivery driver around 15 hours a week for some extra change in my pocket. I have this coworker who is awful with women, he has tried wooing all the female coworkers regardless of looks. Even let one former coworker manipulate him into buying her stuff and he didn't even get a kiss from her. Also she told everyone she wasn't interested at all and she was talking to another man, we told him and he still wouldn't stop getting suckered into taking her out to dinner.

The guy is 20 years old, he's doesn't have any major mental problems, just ADHD he doesn't treat which I didn't think it's the issue. (I also have ADHD I leave untreated)

Well anyways one day he tells me that he got the scare of his life the other day. He said he set up a plenty of fish account and ended up exchanging naked pictures with some chick. Then he says he got a phone call out of nowhere from the chick's dad saying his daughter is underage and threatening to press charges unless he meets him at a gas station and gives him $200. My coworker said he called his mom who then called up a law office to discuss legal defense and they called the father back, then the father stopped calling.

After he explained to me the story I told him that it sounds like a common scam and he didn't have to tell his mom. Feeling sorry for the guy I promised to set him up on a double date.

This was back in September, to this day he asks about the status of the date every shift we work together since. i can easily set him up with an ugly chick but he's picky, all the attractive girls I've asked said no. I've even tried asking them as a favor and being completely honest and they still won't.

I cannot get a girl to go on a date with the guy even as a favor. I got one girl (I used to have relations with but friends now) to agree to go but my girlfriend said no because of our history. I didn't bother pressing the issue because it wasn't worth it to me.

I don't have the heart to tell the guy and he asks about it everyday.

Cliffs:
-My 20 year old coworker has probably never had a girlfriend or even kissed a girl
-Feel bad for the guy
-Promised to set him up on a date 11 months ago
-haven't been able to find a girl willing to go with him
-he still asks to this day

Either follow through on your promise somehow or tell him you can't.

Don't leave the poor sap waiting.

Sounds like you owe him a pity fuck.

Set the date and time and show up in a dress. If he doesn't recognize you then it could be a memorable thing for the both of you.

Tell the guy he needs to start low and work his way up. Set him up with a 3 and let him get his feet wet and start working up the ladder.

So...he's still expecting the date you promised him...11 months later? I'm guessing he already gets the picture, even if he doesn't let on. And anyway, just trying to help out a friend socially is enough of a gesture IMO. And even if you get him a date, he's still gonna have to be able to socialize. You can try to help him out if you see opportunities, but ultimately it's on him.

I've been trying to follow through on it but the guy wants an 7/10+. I understand he has standards but beggars can't be choosers. The guy is not attractive and works at the pizza place full time.

Tell the guy he needs to start low and work his way up. Set him up with a 3 and let him get his feet wet and start working up the ladder.

I live in California, I forgot what state my coworker is originally from but he's the outdoors type and listens to country music. My girlfriend had a girl in her political science class who is kinda on the socially awkward side, fishes, rides horses and participates in rodeo pageants that would've most likely been willing but my coworker said no to the proposal because she was a little fat.

Keep in mind my coworker is unattractive and also has a gut.

I'm in college and work as a delivery driver around 15 hours a week for some extra change in my pocket.

Sorry... I don't mean to split hairs.
But the currently agreed upon phrasing is "stacks of loot in my slacks".
No one is running around and saying "extra change in my pocket" anymore.

Hey if you've already found girls that he said no to because they weren't up to his pudgy ass standards then you're off the hook

I live in California, I forgot what state my coworker is originally from but he's the outdoors type and listens to country music. My girlfriend had a girl in her political science class who is kinda on the socially awkward side, fishes, rides horses and participates in rodeo pageants that would've most likely been willing but my coworker said no to the proposal because she was a little fat.

Sounds like this guy needs a reality check then. Tell him you've asked all the hot girls and no one is saying yes. You can only get him 3's. Don't understand guys who are so picky. Then again after a month my hormones start to rage and I'll put it in anything that moves. I knew this guy at work who was similar to me would literally talk to any girl even when he had plenty of hot girls. He said his main issue is if he goes more then two weeks without sex he starts to feel like he's going crazy. So he gets ugly girls numbers just in case the hot girls blow him off.

I'm in college and work as a delivery driver around 15 hours a week for some extra change in my pocket. I have this coworker who is awful with women, he has tried wooing all the female coworkers regardless of looks. Even let one former coworker manipulate him into buying her stuff and he didn't even get a kiss from her. Also she told everyone she wasn't interested at all and she was talking to another man, we told him and he still wouldn't stop getting suckered into taking her out to dinner.

The guy is 20 years old, he's doesn't have any major mental problems, just ADHD he doesn't treat which I didn't think it's the issue. (I also have ADHD I leave untreated)

Well anyways one day he tells me that he got the scare of his life the other day. He said he set up a plenty of fish account and ended up exchanging naked pictures with some chick. Then he says he got a phone call out of nowhere from the chick's dad saying his daughter is underage and threatening to press charges unless he meets him at a gas station and gives him $200. My coworker said he called his mom who then called up a law office to discuss legal defense and they called the father back, then the father stopped calling.

After he explained to me the story I told him that it sounds like a common scam and he didn't have to tell his mom. Feeling sorry for the guy I promised to set him up on a double date.

This was back in September, to this day he asks about the status of the date every shift we work together since. i can easily set him up with an ugly chick but he's picky, all the attractive girls I've asked said no. I've even tried asking them as a favor and being completely honest and they still won't.

I cannot get a girl to go on a date with the guy even as a favor. I got one girl (I used to have relations with but friends now) to agree to go but my girlfriend said no because of our history. I didn't bother pressing the issue because it wasn't worth it to me.

I don't have the heart to tell the guy and he asks about it everyday.

Cliffs:
-My 20 year old coworker has probably never had a girlfriend or even kissed a girl
-Feel bad for the guy
-Promised to set him up on a date 11 months ago
-haven't been able to find a girl willing to go with him
-he still asks to this day

He shouldn't have any expectations. Set him up with an Boise 5 and that should be it. You did your part. If he doesn't like it to fucking bad. Beggars can't be choosers.

Send him a link to this thread. He'll get plenty of action in here.

To fucking bad. Set him up and tell him if he really wants a date he has to go with what you got. Tell him all the LA dimes are taken and he needs to settle for a Boise 5.

You guys are both young. If he's not too weird and you're not worried about getting too chummy with him just invite him out to a social gathering or party sometime. Get him some drinks and bam let him figure the rest out on his own. Tell him this is you paying him back.

You really don't owe him anything and it definitely sounds like you were being too nice. Plus how much longer do you think you'll work at this place or he will? Whenever one of you leaves you can forget about it.

If you MUST get him a date then just set him up with a girl he thinks is "ugly." Tell him all the other ones you know are taken. If he's not interested then F him. Plus if he's as picky as you say he is, but has never done anything then he just probably has insecurity issues. He might be one of those guys that thinks he HAS to be banging 10s and everyone's got to know. Just set him up and see what happens.

Don't get me wrong. A guy can be inexperienced and picky, but if that's the case then he has to accept that it's gonna be a long ass wait and you can't be impatient. That's just how it goes.

Plus if your ex is down you could always just pass her number along or tell him to message her on Facebook or some other BS like that. Let him do the rest.

Regardless he sounds like a bitch. No offense or whatever.

Back