Media Prominent dudebro "True Geordie" weighs on Stephen A. vs Joe Rogan

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Psychedelic, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Psychedelic Silver Belt

Despite Geordie's excessive dudebroism, I think he's right in pinpointing why Joseph Rogan and so many MMA enthusiasts were triggered by Stephen A.'s take on the UFC 246 main event.

Stephen is known for his "hot takes", and controversial statements that are meant to spark a debate and TV entertaiment. While this works in sports like HandEgg or Basketball, "we don't do that here" in MMA, and there's a modicum of respect with which MMA analysts/journalists approach fighters, even when they get starched. After all, these dudes are putting everything on the line and risking their health for our entertainment (and their benefit, of course). It's outside MMA culture, so far, to outright shit on fighters after they get KO'd and TKO'd in the extremely brutal sport that is MMA.

2. Right Hook nut shot Brown Belt

This guy is a legit cuck

3. Soul On Ice Banned Banned

The "we don't that here is" is bullshit

It's exactly what we do
    Many in the MMA community have said Cerrone quit, some have either gone as far as saying Cerrone took a dive
    Far more provocative than anything Stephen A. said

Stephen A. just isn't allowed to say these things because he's viewed as an outsider.

4. in the liver Mo froots

Got no time for this fool

5. Wizzlebiz Wizzlebiz is the Wizziest

Dude on the left wouldn't get past USADA.

I know it doesn't matter but it's all I got.

6. Rum Champion of Champions

The Geordie accent is one of the best accents and they have a cool studio set-up, but this is just kind of boring

[​IMG]

7. MakeSherdogGreatAgain Brown Belt

Who cares what Smith says? He got where he is by saying controversial shit. It's kinda his thing. The Cowboy situation is nothing more than that. People should just let it go. It's really between him and Cowboy.

This is the butthurt generation. People having cry ins at college campuses because they aren't happy with the results of an election. Bunch of fucking pussies.

8. Wizzlebiz Wizzlebiz is the Wizziest

Nah. They are eluding to the fact that SAS will get beat up eventually because he is to much on the inside and talks shit.

Internet trolls can talk shit because the chance of face to face to deal with the statements made is slim to none.

9. Lukn4trbl Brown Belt

Damn, let's have a discussion about a discussion, discussing a discussion.

10. Sakurabaism Black Belt

MMA fans are just mad that they're not getting paid for shitting on fighters on a daily basis like SAS does.

11. LoneStalker Black Belt

Oh, enough with this shit. Rogan was NEVER defending Cerrone but trying to add value to Conor's win. If Rogan agrees that Cerrone's performance was shit, that devalues Conor's victory, and then he has to hype Cowboy in any possible way. Rogan made a career and became rich sucking the dicks that Dana needed sucked on camera.
    Stephens has no business at all bringing this BS antics to a fight, he has no clue of the fighting game, but Rogan is just hyping the shit out of a 40 seconds fight.
    Oh, and the Geordie needs to stops with the horse meat because his voice already sounds like Celine Dion.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  12. Soul On Ice Banned Banned

No one is gonna do anything
    They might get in his face but that's about it.

Reporters say things and write things that fighters don't like all time and they go to all the events with no problems

13. Wizzlebiz Wizzlebiz is the Wizziest

I completely agree. Unless Dana let's daley back into the UFC I think SAS is safe.

14. KID Yamamoto PREMIUM DYNAMITE

15. Soul On Ice Banned Banned

Free Semtex

16. Captain Herb 10000 Likes

MMA journalists have to suck up to the UFC and its fighters to keep their access. SAS doesn't have to and can say whatever he wants and good for him

17. LastBlood Banned Banned

i thought we were talking about the TRUE Jordy lol

[​IMG]

18. Gilday Silver Belt

Nothing Stephen said was wrong.
    Cowboy starts slow and quits under pressure, it's the same shit 99% of people on here said before the fight.

People are just mad that someone from outside the sport is actually calling it how it is and not caring about a cage fighters feelings.

19. Nip Tickler Blue Belt

Cerrone was there for a check. Im pretty sure even Florian said he thought he didn't show up. I don't even like SAS but he isn't wrong about everything just because he's not the most likeable person. Keep bitching and they'll give you Skip Bayless. Then we're fucked.

20. Nate banged my mom Brown Belt

I can’t stand SAS but NFL players have some serious serious risk each time they play. And they play 16 straight weeks. And SAS has no problem coming in on Monday and saying if he feels some teams quit out there the day prior.

I don’t like him as much as most of you but let’s stop reacting like over emotional women here it’s pathetic