Progressive Rock/Metal, Power and Traditional Metal Thread

I may have mentioned them already. Theories of Flight was one of my favorite albums of last year. This song is awesome.

Thanks m8.I'm digging this new album.Killer tune you've posted.I was lucky enough to catch them back in the day @ a club called Toads Place.One of the tightest live acts I've heard..EVER!!Their sound/mix was phenomenal.Plus they were a real decent group of lads as well.Cheers.

Not a fan of traditional heavy/power metal, but this is badass ! The kind of live version that makes you wish you were there.

Can't say I've ever been a huge fan of Fates Warning, only songs that were really memorable too me were "Anarchy Divine" and "Guardian".
Did you ever listen to Parallels?Killer album.Definitely not for everyone.

This shit, OMG.

giphy.gif

@Lucifer Alpha

You've probably already heard this album, but you need to check it out asap if you havnt.

Last edited:
Can't say I've ever been a huge fan of Fates Warning, only songs that were really memorable too me were "Anarchy Divine" and "Guardian".
Definitely an acquired taste even among progressive metal bands.

Fans of bands like Orphaned Land and middle-eastern themed power/prog in general should dig this.

I have been a fan of Dream Theater for a long time ever since 1998. One of my favorite Albums is Awake.

And one of the songs in that album that they rarely play live is Space Dye Vest. And they played it during the Boston Concert.

I had big goosebumps when Petrucci incorporated a guitar Solo instead of just the piano melody in outro portion of the song it was so epic how I wish I was there.

That Concert in Boston "Breaking the fourth wall" all in all was Epic, full orchestra for the Illumination theory suite and for the encore songs!

I love the setlist was organized they put the fast energetic songs from the Illumination theory Album in the first part.

Then in the middle most of the Awake album, this made it better because the Awake album has lots of Dark themed songs like The Mirror, Lie,Scarred, and Space Dye vest the only song that is not dark is "lifting shadows of a dream"!

Then after those dark songs specifically Space Dye Vest, the intro to the Illumination theory with its full orchestra accompaniment fades in! and Illumination Theory has very inspiring positive emotional ending its like it resolves the darkened mood created by awake!

When you think Dream theater could not top their performance in "Score" they pull off Breaking the fourth wall!! And that is not including the Encore portion of the set with songs from "Scenes from a Memory" With the Berkeley college of Music Orchestra! I always thought that album is good with an Orchestra.

Space Dye Vest

Illumination Theory

This album just came out today. Just old-school heavy metal. I dig it a lot.

Back