Program for the lady

Sirakoz

White Belt
Reaction score
I've been asked by my girl for a workout program that will help her get more of a badonkadonk... or a bigger and firmer butt. Pretty much a workout for vanity, but this is a good chance to get her to strength train.

She has no real strength base, and I have a feeling she will give up easily if the exercises prove to be hard to learn at first, but

I'm no expert. I'm still relatively a beginner myself that switched from 5x5 stronglifts to 3x5 stronglifts (w/ BOR instead of inverted rows), and that is why I seek your advice.

Considering this, should I just get her to do one of the workouts in the FAQ?

I've seen several jokes(?) here about 3x8 squats for butt hypertrophy. Should I even bother with that, or just stick to the usual 3x5 or 5x5 programs?

Any other recommendations?

Thanks.

PS no pics.

cyborg-santos-vs-gina-carano1.jpg

I've been asked by my girl for a workout program that will help her get more of a badonkadonk... or a bigger and firmer butt. Pretty much a workout for vanity, but this is a good chance to get her to strength train.

She has no real strength base, and I have a feeling she will give up easily if the exercises prove to be hard to learn at first, but

I'm no expert. I'm still relatively a beginner myself that switched from 5x5 stronglifts to 3x5 stronglifts (w/ BOR instead of inverted rows), and that is why I seek your advice.

Considering this, should I just get her to do one of the workouts in the FAQ?

I've seen several jokes(?) here about 3x8 squats for butt hypertrophy. Should I even bother with that, or just stick to the usual 3x5 or 5x5 programs?

Any other recommendations?

Thanks.

PS no pics.
She should do fine with the same sort of beginner programs that men use. The only difference is progress will be a bit slower and she will stall sooner. Having small plates for microloading will be useful.

Fail.

Anyway, I've never understood the big ass thing, but: proper squats, walking lunges, and assistance thereof will work just fine. If she eats enough, it will also likely benefit the ta-ta's...

Squats, walking lunges, Romanian deadlifts, step-ups, power cleans, overhead squats -- all of these will help her. Not all in one workout, of course. Gotta build 'em into a program.

If she's determined to do some machine stuff, the butt-blaster-type machines where you do a mule kick back and upward offer a movement you can't really do with free weights.

Be a sport, go buy one of those women's fitness butt magazines, examine it carefully for lifting information, then encourage her to read it and ask "hey, do you have any friends that look like her?" every once in awhile.

tell her to put a tennis ball between her cheeks and try to pop it. 2 or 3 hours a day would do the trick...

Strength training for women is, for the post part, the same as it is for men. The differences are
(1) Progress will be slower, so smaller increments will be useful. Microplates, appropriately sized washers, or short lengths of chain with carabiners will be useful.
(2) At a given intensity women will often get more reps than men. For example, if you were both doing 5/3/1, it would be normal that she'd get more reps than you. This isn't especially signifcant, just something to be aware of.
(3) Women benefit from longer warm-ups then men, or at least that's what the Chinese weightlifters believe, and their results should say plenty.

1 - Squats in the 8-15 rep range.
2 - Lunges in the 8-15 rep range (per leg).
3 - Sprinting (ever see a sprinter's arse?).
3b - Hill Sprints?

PS - You lucky, lucky man. Don't screw this up.

make her do her squats ATG works the glutes a lot more.

My GF only has access to DBs right now. So far I have her doing goblet squats, lunges, rows, press, and wanna get her on GHR. Anything else that would be of benefit? She was pulling 5x120 or something and only has about 38lbs worth of weight per db.

And OT, but does benching/eating enough actually increase breast size?

My GF only has access to DBs right now. So far I have her doing goblet squats, lunges, rows, press, and wanna get her on GHR. Anything else that would be of benefit? She was pulling 5x120 or something and only has about 38lbs worth of weight per db.

She can't come to the gym with you? You can't get heavier weights?

DB Swings, progressions to pistols, more difficult variations of push-ups.

It would be difficult to get a significant degree of pectoral hypertrophy on a woman, especially without training specifically for it. If that's something she'll agree to....
....otherwise paused reps on bench, and including 5x10 flies "because they're in sheiko".

I train with some seriously strong women and I can tell you none of them have abnormally large breasts - if anything it's the opposite. They keep their breasts, but they get a defined upper chest and shoulders which just looks... manly... and weird. It doesn't make their breasts 'pop' out more. But these girls are very, very strong. Maybe it would be different if their strength level wasn't so high.

As for the OP, building a nice ass for a girl is more complex than just squatting. Not to mention they recover differently and use more fat then glycogen while working out, which drastically changes the effectiveness of typical barbell workouts. I have to go right now, but I might come back later with some more specific suggestions.

We had a french girl on our swim team started at 10% bodyfat and beautiful. Got jacked, and lost her boobs and gained pecks. I'm leaning towards no, but granted she had about 6% bodyfat when we went to NCAAs so that might have been a bigger factor. But the bigger pecs didn't help her boobbs any.

We had a french girl on our swim team started at 10% bodyfat and beautiful. Got jacked, and lost her boobs and gained pecks. I'm leaning towards no, but granted she had about 6% bodyfat when we went to NCAAs so that might have been a bigger factor. But the bigger pecs didn't help her boobbs any.

I doubt she was 6% considering women tends to have more bodyfat than men ...

She already would be seriously ripped at 10% wouldn't she ..?

Probably more of a 13-14 to 8-9%

I doubt she was 6% considering women tends to have more bodyfat than men ...

She already would be seriously ripped at 10% wouldn't she ..?

Probably more of a 13-14 to 8-9%
I understand what you mean. But first genetically she's black (she's actually french but genetically black)

She was crazy small. Think about this, a girl that can do 17 pull ups, with the lowest fat % on the 3rd best team in the country. Maybe started at 12 but no way she was any higher. I know it was low as hell because every day when we didn't swim she was shivering. She never could develop the think film of fat most swimmers do to survive. I'd bet money she was 8 or under. all the other girls their breasts didn't seem to suffer though. The girl that won backstroke her boobs seemingly got bigger (but ceasing vegetarianism probably did that)

Last edited:
Back