Professional Fighters League- 2018 Season

He broke his jaw. If you punch a guy hard enough in the face to break his jaw that just as easily could have been a KO. Don’t see any strong reason to take away points just bc the guy was conscious
He didn’t punch him, he was grinding him against the cage and landed an upwards shoulder shrug to the jaw.

He broke his jaw. If you punch a guy hard enough in the face to break his jaw that just as easily could have been a KO. Don’t see any strong reason to take away points just bc the guy was conscious
take it as you will.. did you watch the fight? Rakim did nothing impressive at all.. he was dominated in R1 and was losing R2 untill half way through the round where the weird injury happend.. Yusupov was not hurt at all he was calling for a time-out :D not sure if they clashed heads or what happend to cause the injury

A shoulder strike is still a strike, have to give credit to the guy that threw it in that circumstance.

I didnt realize that it was the shoulder shrug that did it. Super weird outcome. It probably says something about the power he generates if he can break a guys jaw with his shoulder. But at the same time hard to know how much that helps him fight at diatance with a guy like Grishin.

all aboard the watley train?

How do you rate Watleys TDD and getups? Will seems to have gone back to his wrestling roots. Can Watley avoid being smothered for 15 minutes?

PFL 5 Risk $1,365.40

Natan Schulte (-111) vs Jason High ~$127.50 for ~$114.86

Vinny Magalhaes (-118) vs Brandon Halsey ~$135.00 for ~$114.41
Vinny Magalhaes (-120) vs Brandon Halsey $120.00 for $100.00
Vinny Magalhaes (-135) vs Brandon Halsey $135.00 for $100.00
Vinny Magalhaes (-150) vs Brandon Halsey $150.00 for $100.00

Maxim Grishin (-190) vs Rakim Cleveland $190.00 for $100.00

Will Brooks (-187) vs Robert Watley ~$215.40 for ~$115.19

Artur Alibulatov (+110) vs Dan Spohn ~$105.00 for ~$115.50

Arthur Estrazulas/Thiago Taveres Over 0½ (-165) ~$187.50 for ~$113.64

take it as you will.. did you watch the fight? Rakim did nothing impressive at all.. he was dominated in R1 and was losing R2 untill half way through the round where the weird injury happend.. Yusupov was not hurt at all he was calling for a time-out :D not sure if they clashed heads or what happend to cause the injury
They said it came from a shoulder strike when he was pushed against the cage. Upwards shoulder shrug

ya i know i just thought it happend ealier in the round when he was calling for time-out after they clinched

edit: anyone else getting errors when they try to edit or reply to post?

Watley +180 1u
Schulte -140 2.8u (probably arb down to around 1-1.5u)
Vinny -130 1.3u

It's hard to watch Thiago Tavares "fight" if he doesn't get a R1 submission.

Crazy how he hasn't upgraded his MMA skills in many years.

I'm on Magalhaes, Watley and Kawana. Still thinking about Grishin and Schulte

Hmm, I remember Yusupov gassing after R1, Rakim slowly sensing it and picking up the pace until Yusupov quit on his stool. Felt like he wanted out.

1.45u Schulte -116
1u Watley +180
1.3u Vinny -130

It's hard to watch Thiago Tavares "fight" if he doesn't get a R1 submission.

Crazy how he hasn't upgraded his MMA skills in many years.
When he beat Jason Black the way he did back in the day, I thought Tavares would have been on his way to an eventual championship.

I was wrong......

The forum is messed up at the moment. Posts appearing and disappearing with each refresh.

Why is this thread not working? Weird.

My god do they do any drug testing at all for PFL?

Back