News Prochazka ranked as #2 LHW, Strickland #11 MW

Tokoloko

Czech MMA on the rise!
@purple
Reaction score
Prochazka ranking.png Strickland.png

What Rakic will do now???

Back in 2020 he refused to fight Prochazka and simply said that he will not fight anyone who is beneath him

Only real possibility for him is loser from Blachowicz-Teixeira, but he needs to sit out for +- 15 months....So rematch with Oezdemir #8 or Ankalaev #7 next??

You answered your own question. He used to be ranked lower than Rakic. now he’s ranked higher and they can test themselves against each other just like Rakic tweeted in 2020

Title shots mean being main event and making more money. Jiri is toughest fight in division people got to learn there's reasons to avoid fights besides being scared. Rakic is in a spot where if he can't wait for a shot he could secure a spot behind Glover and Jiri by beating someone else.

A possible loss to Jiri in a title fight will be preferable to one in a non title fight. Fighting the toughest opponent in division makes no sense for him right now.

I think Rakic is best LHW right now but Jiri def has best chance of beating him.

MW is awful by this logic everyone at LHW would switch divisions.

You answered your own question. He used to be ranked lower than Rakic. now he’s ranked higher and they can test themselves against each other just like Rakic tweeted in 2020
No, Rakic is not deserving to fight with Prochazka.

Rakic have 2 fight winstreak and both fights were pretty boring.
Jiri is on 12 fight winstreak all KO/TKO - one of opponents were Oezdemir which have recent win over Rakič.

Jiri have score of 28 wins with 27 finishes, only one decision when he injured during 1 round.....anyway managed to win

Rakic have score of 14 wins (9ko but from 7 UFC fights only 2xKO)

There is no way that Rakic deserves this fight after this duck in last december ...

Title shots mean being main event and making more money. Jiri is toughest fight in division people got to learn there's reasons to avoid fights besides being scared. Rakic is in a spot where if he can't wait for a shot he could secure a spot behind Glover and Jiri by beating someone else.

A possible loss to Jiri in a title fight will be preferable to one in a non title fight. Fighting the toughest opponent in division makes no sense for him right now.

I think Rakic is best LHW right now but Jiri def has best chance of beating him.

MW is awful by this logic everyone at LHW would switch divisions.
Rakic is definitely best LHW in world right now. Thats why he is so insecure when anyone asks him about Jiri... ahhh i forgot its because Jiri whooped his ass in hard sparring session.

No offense, but Rakic is clown and he will be beaten by Prochazka if they will fight.

Rakic is definitely best LHW in world right now. Thats why he is so insecure when anyone asks him about Jiri... ahhh i forgot its because Jiri whooped ass in hard sparring session.

No offense, but Rakic is clown and he will be beaten by Prochazka if they will fight.

Def think they top 2 either way it's close. I don't buy into "oh x is scared of y" that much given their earnings fighters should be risk averse without having to justify not being scared.

Sherdog tends to think everyone's scared of KO artists they even doing that to Jones.

No, Rakic is not deserving to fight with Prochazka.

Rakic have 2 fight winstreak and both fights were pretty boring.
Jiri is on 12 fight winstreak all KO/TKO - one of opponents were Oezdemir which have recent win over Rakič.

Jiri have score of 28 wins with 27 finishes, only one decision when he injured during 1 round.....anyway managed to win

Rakic have score of 14 wins (9ko but from 7 UFC fights only 2xKO)

There is no way that Rakic deserves this fight after this duck in last december ...

Tbf Rakic got robbed against Volkan and should be on a 15 fight streak.

I'd like to see it, Glover or Jan aren't going to be ready until probably next March.

Strickland is not evolving at all, in fact seems to possibly be moving backwards. I’m not convinced by his boxing at all, he doesn’t move his feet well and doesn’t move his head whatsoever. How he makes that style work really confuses me. It’s similar to Randy Costa and to a lesser extent Tony Ferguson where the technique is not there but the off kilter timing is just not something you can ever expect your training partners to simulate.

Ultimately its Jan ,Jiri ....then everyone else. It sucks that itll be awhile before we see it.

Def think they top 2 either way it's close. I don't buy into "oh x is scared of y" that much given their earnings fighters should be risk averse without having to justify not being scared.

Sherdog tends to think everyone's scared of KO artists they even doing that to Jones.
I just know whole backstory and Rakic should be really happy that Jiri is person which dont like to trashtalk...

Tbf Rakic got robbed against Volkan and should be on a 15 fight streak.

I'd like to see it, Glover or Jan aren't going to be ready until probably next March.

Ur right, but he should have finished him....Thats difference between Jiri and Rakic. Rakic is trying to look like big bad boy outside of cage when he do interviews, inside of cage he go for safest victory.. Jiri? Exact opposit and thats why Rakic is not deserving this fight.

I just know whole backstory and Rakic should be really happy that Jiri is person which dont like to trashtalk...

Ur right, but he should have finish him....Thats difference between Jiri and Rakic. Rakic is trying to look like big bad boy outside of cage when he do interviews, inside of cage he go for safest victory.. Jiri? Exact opposit and thats why Rakic is not deserving this fight.

I still think it's good for Jiri to take a fight with Rakic. If he can demolish him as the co-main event on the Jan/Glover card then that would build up significantly more interest in his title challenge than just sitting out.

I still think it's good for Jiri to take a fight with Rakic. If he can demolish him as the co-main event on the Jan/Glover card then that would build up significantly more interest in his title challenge than just sitting out.
Definitely, but he shouldnt accept Rakic just because of principle...(Its not Jiri's style and he will most likely accept this fight if UFC offer it.)

There was press conference after Jiri came back into Czech and they asked him if his planning to wait on title fight or he rather to fight someone else first...and he said that it depends on UFC. He is ready to beat anyone but if he have to fight someone like Jan, he will need long time period for preparation because he needs to upgrade his "game".

Definitely, but he shouldnt accept Rakic just because of principle...(Its not Jiri's style and he will most likely accept this fight if UFC offer it.)

There was press conference after Jiri came back into Czech and they asked him if his planning to wait on title fight or fight someone else first...and he said that it depends on UFC. He is ready to beat anyone but if he have to fight someone like Jan, he will need long time period for preparation because he needs to upgrade his "game".

I don't think he should be petty personally. Be the bigger man, don't turn Rakic down just because he turned him down. Rakic is still a dangerous fighter and it'd be a meaningful win.

Ur right, but he should have finished him....Thats difference between Jiri and Rakic. Rakic is trying to look like big bad boy outside of cage when he do interviews, inside of cage he go for safest victory.. Jiri? Exact opposit and thats why Rakic is not deserving this fight.

Don't give a shit about who deserves what

It's a super clear no.1 contender fight for the title imo

IF the LHW title was up for grabs next month? Then yeah sure just put Jiri cage side and we'll have that fight next

But the LHW title is up for grabs in SEPTEMBER meaning Jiri would have to sit out to NEXT YEAR

fuck THAT

It could I spose have the benefit that Jiri is trained and ready to step up if either Glover or Jan pull out but he could do that without a match.

Honestly though I think its quite understandable Rakic wasnt keen on the fight, Jiri is likely a top 5 LHW in the world and might turn out to be the best of his generation. Rakic probably felt he didnt need to take a fight that big just to get a title shot as he was on a pretty good run, someone like Reyes coming off of a loss likely fought Jiri because it could have been a potential fast track back to a title shot if he'd won.

I suspect what will happen though is Jiri will wait for the next shot in early 2022 and if that doesnt happen maybe he might fight Rakic for the interim belt?

I don't think he should be petty personally. Be the bigger man, don't turn Rakic down just because he turned him down. Rakic is still a dangerous fighter and it'd be a meaningful win.

Its okay to turn fight down, thats not the problem! Problem is that he talked about Jiri like he is below his level, he talked about him like he dont have chance in UFC and like he didnt accomplish anything..It was absolutely disrespectful, mainly after what happened when these two sparred.

It could I spose have the benefit that Jiri is trained and ready to step up if either Glover or Jan pull out but he could do that without a match.

Honestly though I think its quite understandable Rakic wasnt keen on the fight, Jiri is likely a top 5 LHW in the world and might turn out to be the best of his generation. Rakic probably felt he didnt need to take a fight that big just to get a title shot as he was on a pretty good run, someone like Reyes coming off of a loss likely fought Jiri because it could have been a potential fast track back to a title shot if he'd won.

I suspect what will happen though is Jiri will wait for the next shot in early 2022 and if that doesnt happen maybe he might fight Rakic for the interim belt?

I just don't like the timeline as someone who wants to watch Jiri. Jan Vs Glover isn't until September and 6 months is pretty normal between title fights with no need for an interim title. So Jiri potentially sits out another 10 months.

Don't give a shit about who deserves what

It's a super clear no.1 contender fight for the title imo

IF the LHW title was up for grabs next month? Then yeah sure just put Jiri cage side and we'll have that fight next

But the LHW title is up for grabs in SEPTEMBER meaning Jiri would have to sit out to NEXT YEAR

fuck THAT

It was super clearn no.1 back in december too... Rakic was getting 100% title shot if he won, but he said that he is not going to fight Jiri if its not fight for title. He literally said this fight can happen in future, ill be champ and Jiri contender. Prochazka just should pretend that Rakic does not exist and fight Santos.... Great attractive matchup.

Back