Media Prochazka in UFC

Well, that's Sherdog.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Great signing

giphy.gif

he is exciting ...

I remember seeing him get smoked by King mo and thinking he prob wont go to far.. but he's bounced back beats mo in the rematch ... hope he does well in ufc..

DismalBestHermitcrab-size_restricted.gif

A lot of the bigger names he beat in RIZIN were kinda over the hill by the time they fought.

King Mo - Was basically in the middle of his bad losing streak full of KO/TKOs that eventually ended his career. He declined rapidly after that Mirko loss.

Brandon Halsey - Was figured out as a one-dimensional wrestler with a weak liver and no striking or cardio long ago. Hasn't looked impressive since his days as Bellator Middleweight champ back in the mid 2010's. He was juicy as fuck so I'll let Prochazka slide on that one.

CB Dollaway - Looked huge at RIZIN and tested poz for GH. But its CB Dollaway in 2019.

Fabio Maldonado - Fabio's prime was back in the early 2010's and he's probably punch drunk as fuck today. I forgot Jiri fought Fabio until I looked on Tapology, and that just happened in October lmao.

I'm hoping Jiri Makes a name for himself in the UFC. Its a world of difference between RIZIN and UFC levels of competition.

A lot of the bigger names he beat in RIZIN were kinda over the hill by the time they fought.

King Mo - Was basically in the middle of his bad losing streak full of KO/TKOs that eventually ended his career. He declined rapidly after that Mirko loss.

Brandon Halsey - Was figured out as a one-dimensional wrestler with a weak liver and no striking or cardio long ago. Hasn't looked impressive since his days as Bellator Middleweight champ back in the mid 2010's. He was juicy as fuck so I'll let Prochazka slide on that one.

CB Dollaway - Looked huge at RIZIN and tested poz for GH. But its CB Dollaway in 2019.

Fabio Maldonado - Fabio's prime was back in the early 2010's and he's probably punch drunk as fuck today. I forgot Jiri fought Fabio until I looked on Tapology, and that just happened in October lmao.

I'm hoping Jiri Makes a name for himself in the UFC. Its a world of difference between RIZIN and UFC levels of competition.

yes and the fact he leaves his hands down so often doesn't seem like a great thing in the UFC. The UFC LHW's are all pretty technically sound fighters who will take advantage of that. Plus they all pack power, are more well rounded than the Rizin fighters he's faced, and generally, are better are finishing opponents when they have them hurt.

I'd love to see him come in and make noise, but, I'd like to see how he fares vs a lower end of the top 10-13'ish range guy and then give him a couple fights before saying he's TS ready.

Ideally taking on a guy in the range of like, Glover to Cirkunov range, then a guy like Volkan/Jan/Anderson after, a Smith/Gus type after. And then a TS if he somehow manages to have that win streak and look good doing so. He's shown promise and talent in Rizin, but, he's faced nobody nearly as good as Glover is right now, and Glover is the worst he's ever been (not a knock on Jiri, just the talent level he's faced so far)

First I was like: A 6'4 kickboxer, with TDD Jon could be in trouble.

You guys are right though, his competition was partly awful. He's 27 though and can still improve.
Bojan Velickovic TKOed him when he was 19-20. Bojan was way closer to his prime though being 4 years older.

His last 4 opponents have been decent.

He also beat Fedors boy Vadim Nemkov.

excellent signing by the ufc. I think Coker missed the boat on Jiri here because he was a viable opponent for Bader who called Jiri out after Jiri's last win and Coker certainly could have used him to further bolster the Bellator lhw roster. Would have loved to see a rematch with Nemkov down the road.

Jiri is one of my favorite fighters at the moment and i hope he can a make name for himself in the ufc. very entertaining style with some very obvious flaws waiting to be exploited by the upper echelon of lhw's.

I’m into it

I liked how he handled Dollaway recently

excellent signing by the ufc. I think Coker missed the boat on Jiri here because he was a viable opponent for Bader who called Jiri out after Jiri's last win and Coker certainly could have used him to further bolster the Bellator lhw roster. Would have loved to see a rematch with Nemkov down the road.

Jiri is one of my favorite fighters at the moment and i hope he can a make name for himself in the ufc. very entertaining style with some very obvious flaws waiting to be exploited by the upper echelon of lhw's.

Coker tried for him, but he must have preferred the UFC. Which the majority of fighters would.

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/U...n-Jiri-Prochazka-to-Exclusive-Contract-168821

Now, that Prochazka signed with the UFC, a lot of hypocrites will start to say he is an awesome fighter (and he is ! ), before the same people saying Rizin has only bums
Spending too much time in this part of the forum will bring you down a little. 90 percent is negative, nasty, miserable, and cunty. Now all those things can be good and funny. But not really here. They are miserable.

Hell yeah this will be fun. Who do you give him first?

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/U...n-Jiri-Prochazka-to-Exclusive-Contract-168821

Now, that Prochazka signed with the UFC, a lot of hypocrites will start to say he is an awesome fighter (and he is ! ), before the same people saying Rizin has only bums

I will fully admit I do not watch Rizin aside from highlights here and there. I just checked his page out, and he has in fact been beating up on lower level competition compare to what he will be facing in the UFC. Saying that is not unfair and it does not mean that he is not an awesome fighter.

Hello guys, Im from czech if you want to know anything about him just ask... (he is our best fighter)
Now in interview he said he has very good contract and maybe he is gonna take someone from top 5 !!!!! I hope he wont do that and get atleast 2 easier matches for start..

Last edited:
Back