Problems with muscle fatigue

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by ProdigyOfZen, Nov 2, 2010.

1. ProdigyOfZen

ProdigyOfZen Orange Belt

Okay I am having some serious problems with my shoulders/arms.

Back on September 16th during a rolling session with a strong and tough wrestler i managed to cause myself either RNI (Radial Nerve Inflammation) or Lateral Epicondilytis (Tennis Elbow) in both forearms. Two days later in my left non throwing arm I get the anterior band of my UCL (Ulnar Collateral Ligament) complex partially torn in a key lock.

I have been out since Sept 18th and doing only PT for my elbow. The entire time i have been out i have still had the inflammation in my forearms to the point where raising a 5lb weight directly in front of me burned my lateral epicondyle.

Last week i got a shot of corticosteroids in both forearms. I just started back BJJ after 6 weeks last night and now my arms are starting to burn again not to mention my left elbow is sore (obviously).

Anybody have any suggestions for muscle recovery? I am about to start taking either Ultragen for endurance athletes or AMP Amplified Recovery Protein XR to help my muscles recover.

I have never had these problems caused by lifting straight weights/ football or any striking classes I have done.

BJJ is really causing a lot of inflammation in my arms and shoulders. I don't get the least bit sore in my abdomen or even legs. I can sit there and triangle guys for 2 mins straight all class and not have a problem with my legs the next day.

Any suggestions?

2. KILL KILL

KILL KILL Gold Belt

1. This is the diet forum. 2. You really should seek the advice of a doctor over some random person on an MMA forum.

3. S1Z

S1Z yoked.

I'm sure he is aware that a doctors opinion > a sherdogger's. This is a forum, lighten up.

4. ProdigyOfZen

ProdigyOfZen Orange Belt

Really? come on dude. I came to the Diet/Supplement forum looking for ideas on SUPPLEMENTS etc to help with muscle recovery/fatigue. OBVIOUSLY that is what this forum is for.

5. big_kahuna

big_kahuna Problem?

Unless I'm missing something, it sounds to me like your problem is not muscle recovery.
    It sounds like you have a serious problems with your arms.
    I mean you're talking about inflammation, soreness, and burning.
    I don't see how a recovery supplement will help with that.