Problems in my gym!

hey fellas, i have a question?

Iam in a gym now for about a half year. i made a agreement with the instructor, that iam only pay when i come to train (because i am in every holidays in another country and stuff and paying the whole year with coming just an half would be too much). The trainer was very friendly and cool.
Lately i had a not soo cozy time, because my father died, i had also some debts and absolute no money (barely enough for living a couple of month only from rice and noodles, taste terrible if you mix both :icon_surp).
because i was very busy with college and work and had no money for training i decided to take a training break for a couple of month until things get a bit better.
when i finally came back (with paying of course!) the trainer seemed to changed his attitude towards me. he shows no interest anymore to continue boosting me like he did on beginning and like he still does to other, in fact he tried more often to expose me as a stupid or not talented infront of the other students.
i dont care about that but the really annoying thing is that we do some technics with partners and not everybody got one, iam everytime the one, who has to wait, same thing with rolling.
i really noticed that everybody is getting better except me and thats really making me sick.
i once tried to explain him my situation but it seemed that he thought iam a drama queen making my life worse than it is in order to have his pity and get some free training or something. i dont feel like in a bad situation, it could be worse and iam surely didnt want a free training or charity.

everybody would say now: ok then change the gym but thats unfortunatly not possible because there are not other gyms in town. bjj is underdeveloped here!
sometimes i would love to tap him infront of all other students but iam just a white belt and hes a good purple and as you may read in this far too long threat he hinders me in getting better.

what would you do in this situation? do you find my thoughts exaggerated?

maybe he is testing to see your level of commitment, make sure ur one hundred percent back b4 he opens the floodgates of knowledge, since u already fell of the face of the earth once.

i have often been in ur situation, where money, health, etc come into play; an i EXPECT to be treated like the outsider, because im not there regularly and as real as my reasons are.. he probably hears ish all the time and doesn't feel like hearing another story. I fig at least i get to train, an have some opp to learn/get better.

its not your fault, but u have to look at it from his perspective; people reward consistency, you haven't been and it will take time b4 he has faith in u. That being said if he is demeaning u things like that u don't have to stay; but if he is the only game in town, u might have to eat it...an i have had to do that (take smart ass comments or whatnot) its just how it goes.

hope it works out

@ Bucketbot

thx for the long reply.
it was very useful.
if it was all on me, i would never stop training.
the money problem is cleared out and i payd him the fees from the next half year @ one time.
maybe this will help showing him that iam serious on training.
lets see what the future is up to, if he is sticking with his view i know that this is personal stuff.
iam fine with that, as long as i get decent training for it, thats all what i want.

Hey no problem man!

And i should have said it in my last post, but no offense intended! I just wanted to give you a honest answer that may help you out, and help you resolve your current situation!

Best of luck to you, and let us know how it turns out!

take care man!

Bucket is right. This sounds like its about more than money. You need to be upfront with the man and tell him in words, and more importantly in actions, that you are committed. Work hard. Be up front. Things will improve.

Speaking as an instructor, I can tell you people come and people go, but the frustrating part is when you really put a lot of your time and effort into someone only to have them waflle on you. I am not suggesting that this is the case with you but you have to think of things from the perspective of someone who has heard every excuse in the book. Just work hard, be honest with him and things will be fine.

/ I am sorry about your father.

Bucket is right. This sounds like its about more than money. You need to be upfront with the man and tell him in words, and more importantly in actions, that you are committed. Work hard. Be up front. Things will improve.

Speaking as an instructor, I can tell you people come and people go, but the frustrating part is when you really put a lot of your time and effort into someone only to have them waflle on you. I am not suggesting that this is the case with you but you have to think of things from the perspective of someone who has heard every excuse in the book. Just work hard, be honest with him and things will be fine.

/ I am sorry about your father.

Well said man...well said

Back