Probably getting tested tonight

rebelfolk

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure my instructor is going to test me tonight for my blue belt, what do you guys think about when your being tested and the guy your practising with, cranks it up a notch when your tested. Like tonight, I'll have to show, full mount and side mount escapes, normally when we warm up, its about 50-60 %, but it seems when I get tested, I usually have some guy with sick wrestling doing evrything he can to just hold me down and not properly execute my escapes, thus making me look ineffective. what do you guys think.

If you can escape by any means then I think he has a right to put 100% resistance. If it is to show a particular technique then he shouldn't be an ass going full resistance.

i agree, i would whip him with my belt if he pulled that crap.
i hate it when people dont cooperate, recently i took it up about three notches and schooled a blue belt that cranked on a guys arm at class, i hate it, but i felt it was my duty to put it on him

Am I the only one who didn't automatically think of bjj upon seeing the thread title?

I think it's the partners job to cooperate during formal demonstration. Other times obviously not, but for testing purposes, hell yeah. Competitions and tournaments are when you demonstrate your ability to apply this stuff against resistive opponents, not formal testing.

why go through all that when you can have your blue belt in just 400 more posts :D

its common courtesy to co-operate with your partner when tthey are being tested, i mean sure in sparring go for it or if ur rolling and being tested go all out but this dick is messing with you for technique?

Well the testing went well, my partner was great, because i knew i was going to be tested i tried to find a good person to warm up with and when my instructor came over and asked me to demonstrate, my partner was very good and accomodating, should find out on saturday if theirs any promotion.

Awesome man, I am glad to hear things went well!

fuck
i thought this thread was tips on passing a drugs test.

rebelfolk said:
I'm pretty sure my instructor is going to test me tonight for my blue belt, what do you guys think about when your being tested and the guy your practising with, cranks it up a notch when your tested. Like tonight, I'll have to show, full mount and side mount escapes, normally when we warm up, its about 50-60 %, but it seems when I get tested, I usually have some guy with sick wrestling doing evrything he can to just hold me down and not properly execute my escapes, thus making me look ineffective. what do you guys think.

If he is holding you down you don't deserve your blue belt yet?

That's one of the things I really like about BJJ "Randori". Obviously, you shouldn't be rolling with a purple or brown for your test. But when testing for your blue it should be a white or a low level blue and they should try to beat you or not let you do the move. Otherwise BJJ just becomes another TMA where all you have to do is some bullshit katas to go up in belts.

morganfreeman said:
Am I the only one who didn't automatically think of bjj upon seeing the thread title?

hahahaha yupp. STD or drug test I thought

private ryan said:
fuck
i thought this thread was tips on passing a drugs test.
Any quick tips on passing my HIV test next saturday?

Back