Pro Wrestling Promo Tournament

Smackdown is coming to the Prudential Center on July 1.

Hmmm...

Edit: I thought I was in the regular thread when I posted that, so here's a Warrior promo:

Why in God's name would Austin have been passing the torch to Duggan in that situation?

I didn't watch the Steiner promo in question, and I don't think I've ever seen it, but why does it matter if it was "lies" in terms of whether it was a good promo? I mean most fans, especially at that time, wouldn't know if something was a shoot anyway, right? Did the fans react to his promo?

I guess I'll take a few minutes and watch it. Maybe answer all my own questions.

Also, re: your AV: Boobies!

Th problem is it wasn't even a promo. WCW was such a big clusterfuck at the time. The inmates running the assylum. Everybody did what they wanted and nobody and I mean nobody told Steiner what to do.
It's not a great promo because it's just Steiner getting mic time on live tv and choosing to get real with his problems with Flair. He did the same thing with the DDP incident.
Steiner was mad with Flair because years earlier he thought Flair made him look bad in a natch they had that was suppose to be Steiner's coming out party, much like Flair did with Sting a few years earlier at the Clash. Steiner always thought Flair sabotaged him and it has some truth to it but from Flair's point he wanted to call the match and Steiner wanted to do his thing. Recipe for a clusterfuck.

Ironic that Hacksaw used the term "passing the torch." I guess from his point it was passing the torch from the Flair group to the Hogan group. Austin knew that he wouldn't get any chance with the retread WWF stars in power and the rest, of course, is history.
Austin made his way by himself. Top ten all time easily, imo. Amazing character and anazing work by the "higher power" to be the devil to his AE God.

And in what universe should Austin have ever jobbed to Duggan?

Screwjob for an angle or if he was legit injured. No other reason at all. Any ability Hacksaw may have had (Dynamite rated him 6/10 pre-gimmick) was long gone after years of that fucking dreadful character. Fucker stank the ring out every night.

He was good in Mid-South, but there's no justification for him going over Austin in 94.

He was good in Mid-South, but there's no justification for him going over Austin in 94.

That Mid South Q&A last night was pretty good
Did you watch the Bill Watts one after?

Also Kayfabe Memories>>>>>>>>>>this shithole

That Mid South Q&A last night was pretty good
Did you watch the Bill Watts one after?

Also Kayfabe Memories>>>>>>>>>>this shithole
I didn't watch the Watts part because of the fights.
Not enough people post at KM, and the ones that do are the typical "Vince destroyed the territories" crusty old farts.

Not enough people post at KM, and the ones that do are the typical "Vince destroyed the territories" crusty old farts.

I watched some of the Watts but he was way too preachy
And yea theres some of those types at KM but theres also a lotta good posters and so much great info and stories
Theres some weirdos there too like this dude that claimed child molesters are the victims and the teenage girls are the predators
What the fuck
You shoulda saw the way the crusty old farts temper tantrumed when they added ECW to the forums though
They thought the kids were gonna storm into the forum and ruin their precious lawn

I watched some of the Watts but he was way too preachy
And yea theres some of those types at KM but theres also a lotta good posters and so much great info and stories
Theres some weirdos there too like this dude that claimed child molesters are the victims and the teenage girls are the predators
What the fuck
You shoulda saw the way the crusty old farts temper tantrumed when they added ECW to the forums though
They thought the kids were gonna storm into the forum and ruin their precious lawn

I didn't know Buck Zumhofe was an active poster there. Thanks for the heads up.

Whilst it's true that Vince did indeed destroy them, had he not been around, it was only a matter of time before someone else did. Cable TV was on the rise, and there was no going back. Who would you rather work for, someone with a local TV show or someone on national TV?

The territories destroyed each other. Vince just accelerated the process is all.

The territories destroyed each other. Vince just accelerated the process is all.

That too. Most of them were living on borrowed time by the early 80s. Wasn't Memphis one of the few that actually made good money, and that partly due to them paying people jack shit?

3 obvious ones are Hall invading Nitro, Austin 3:16, and Hogan's heel turn.

Back