Pro Wrestling Discussion 177: Lunatic Fringe, We All Know You're Out There!

I want to be carried around like P Diddy by Nicole Bass.

I want to be carried around like P Diddy by Nicole Bass.

f67bf1fa8288e84652a0d82090d24216_500_0_0.jpg

it's March 29, 1987, Detroit MI, Pontiac Silver Dome

Hogan just Body-slammed Andre, then Hogan goes for the Leg Drop, pin 1-2-KICKOUT

Andre gets up, chokes the fuck out of a Hogan, Andre wins, the entire fucking stadium is so quiet you can hear a pin drop, then riots break out and the Police Force comes in to calm things down...this scenario would've killed the WWF or at least slowed it waaaay down

Bz10yA_CQAAVBKu.jpg:large

The Moneymaker and The Money Eater with Keeeng and Mick's goddess of a daughter.

watching Starrcade 1996 right now.

imo the best fans of the past 20 years were the WCW fans of 1996/1997, not the Attitude Era fans or ECW fans. No stupid chants, no contrarianism, they'd get hyped and explode at the right time and watched intently during the match. They'd give the heels heat the the faces cheers, and if it sucked they no sold it and didn't hijack the show. But they would also support heels that they respected and found cool (that had been in the company for a while) w/o being smarky about it: Arn and DDP.

imo the best fans of the past 20 years were the WCW fans of 1996/1997, not the Attitude Era fans or ECW fans. No stupid chants, no contrarianism, they'd get hyped and explode at the right time and watched intently during the match. They'd give the heels heat the the faces cheers, and if it sucked they no sold it and didn't hijack the show. But they would also support heels that they respected and found cool (that had been in the company for a while) w/o being smarky about it: Arn and DDP.

But... but... fans have the right to do that, they're just entertaining themselves, because the professionals aren't doing an adequate job of doing it! Who gives a shit if they're just being told to do it, they need to cater specifically to them and give them what they want, when the fuck they want it!

A fucking Norman smiley sighting. I'm gonna chant Norman smiley at the rumble:

Careful now, you dont want be lumped in with those fans who are getting over with their CM Punk, JBL/Cole/Lawler, This is awful, etc, chants. You will incur Smigg's wrath if you side with those ne'er-do-wells.

Didnt they also heavily support the nWo?

Careful now, you dont want be lumped in with those fans who are getting over with their CM Punk, JBL/Cole/Lawler, This is awful, etc, chants. You will incur Smigg's wrath if you side with those ne'er-do-wells.

Didnt they also heavily support the nWo?

They popped every time an NWO guy got beat up: DDP giving the cutter to Hall and Nash, Piper over Hogan, Luger over Giant, Luger over Hogan and really exploded for Goldberg over Hogan and the entire Sting angle, Giant standing up to Hogan at Starrcade 1996 (wasn't even a full fledged face turn, just a tease). They liked the Outsiders a far more than the other NWO guys. If the outsiders weren't involved, guaranteed NWO was gonna get booed when the face showed up.

I like when I don't have to listen to "this is wrestling... clap clap" or "you deserve it clap clap" or this is "awesome" and then the really annoying "CM Punk" chants.

If you are focused on critiquing the match halfway through it, must not be that into the match, should be reacting to it instead. And that's what they did. ECW fans were more focused on getting themselves over, and all subsequent crowds have followed suit ie "We are awesome".

I think it's disrrspectful to call them by their real name. I met the hurricane back in like 02 or something and I was on my way out of wrestling. Still called him hurricane.

If somebody works under a pseudonym, they want their pseudonym to be used by people they don't know (or even people who they know, their acquintances, coworkers and friends, even family depending on the person).

I wouldn't be surprised if some wrestlers didn't take being called by the names they've bled and sweated for as respect and the total opposite when some smark uses their birth names.

Back