Pro Wrestling Discussion 177: Lunatic Fringe, We All Know You're Out There!

DannyBoy1985

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Welcome to the Pro Wrestling Discussion thread!

dean-ambrose-1747.gif

Mascot:

Eugenie Bouchard
b606949c9ed2bcb1cc720fe6196f4a27.jpg

Theme song:

Red Rider - "Lunatic Fringe"

The former Kelly Kelly has quite the ass now.

Feel like I needed to post this with all the Ambrose stuff ITT.

dean-ambrose-553.gif

Ambrose should have a GIF thread of his own antics

Adam Rose and his entire fucking gimmick is a waste of TV time. Was he even decent in NXT?

His whole gimmick now seems to be used to promote whatever they happen to be promoting at the time. He's like an up-beat spokesman.

I really feel like EVERY character and concept will suck if the performer isn't given a chance to perform in good matches. Have someone go out there and put on good matches over and over again, and people will start to notice even if the character sucks (like with cesaro), and the character can change and get better (possibly what happened with Austin?).

On the other hand, not allowing someone to put on decent matche or give them screen time to do what they are supposed to be doing (ie wrestle) and even the best and well liked gimmicks will fail.

Is he supposed to be a good ring worker? I cringe when he gets on the mic. Before his current gimmick I can honestly say I know nothing about him.

[YT]7ntaKZP0PAo[/YT]

Obviously, anything that Paul London says about anyone should be taken with a barrel of salt, because he hates pretty much anyone who was successful.

Ohh the good ole indy "nobody" bashing the top guys in WWE rutine. How convenient that a guy like London hates Triple H and CM Punk because they play politics and he doesn

Adam Rose and his entire fucking gimmick is a waste of TV time. Was he even decent in NXT?

They moved it really quickly from NXT to main roster. The entrance debuted, got over, promptly called up with little or no forethought.

He was Leo Kruger for much longer than he was Adam Rose. Started in FCW as Kruger since 2010 I believe.

edit: Just looked it up.. He was Rose for only 2 months in NXT before getting chucked on RAW. March to May.

Is he supposed to be a good ring worker? I cringe when he gets on the mic. Before his current gimmick I can honestly say I know nothing about him.

He can wrestle. Been doing it since he was 16. Not amazing, but can definitely put on a good match.

I feel like the character didn't have to be so terrible.. He works it well, they just give him garbage to work with. Terrible product plugging spots, 30 second matches, no focus, decent feuds or anything resembling TV time that people would actually want to watch. He can be funny and I don't mind the weird party guy gimmick. I was looking forward to the character, liked what little I saw on NXT and then immediately hated it when they brought it to RAW.

I don't think it's an issue of things working specifically on NXT and not on RAW either.. Like having Michael Cole dancing to Fandango's music.. When they get a hold of something people like they have an amazing ability to make it seem uncool and unlikable.

Last edited:
Adam Rose, Fandango, etc all should have a quiet word with Michael Cole about his enthusiasm for their gimmicks. He is making them all look like the most uncool geeks in wrestling.

Adam rose wrestled on smack down and apparently

got squashed by Kane

I like how AJ has just been reduced to a CM Punk chant waiting to happen.

I would just like to say thank you to Dannyboy for including the name of the mascot with the picture
Classy as always Danny
Not like that useless fuckin Struggle

Adam rose wrestled on smack down and apparently

got squashed by Kane

Good. I hate the Adam Rose gimmick and Kane has been on the losing end of nearly every match he's been in it seems like. How can you use him as an enforcer if he never actually goes over anyone.

Back