Pro Fighters Union

StefanoCarlo

Magistus
@White
Reaction score
Agent Jeff Boras and some other influential sports business people have started the Professional Fighters Association in an attempt to unionize MMA fighters along the lines of what MLB, NBA, NFL, and NHL do. They have some good ideas and probably know how to make it happen. Check out their website:
profighters.org

What are the odds of this actually happening?

Can't even read the first few threads before making a new one?

The 50/50 revenue split is what the other sports have and surely the UFC won't want to go along with this since their revenue split is about 85/15, but if enough fighters turn down fights with them they may not have a choice.

I'd love for that to happen but it poses it's own unique challenges being that we're talking about an individual sport with very little solidarity. Why would a top tier fighter accept a pay cut for the betterment of an undercarriage fighter he's never met? I'd love for it to happen but it appears to be highly unlikely. The fighters do hold the power, it's unifying them that will be the problem. We saw what happened with Conor and UFC 200 when an individual superstar stands alone against the bosses. Best of luck to them though.

1)The fighters need this bad imho , they are getting hosed bad

2) If this starts to take off I could see the ufc doing everything they can to stop it right up to cutting fighters who support it & ultimately locking them out for a period of time if need be .

3) If the fighters of the ufc are successful and get something closer to a 50/50 profit split like most other pro sports league have , the owners won't want to take a hit in revenue on their end so we could be looking at 100$ ppvs before you know it

It'll eventually happen, either by them or someone else. When it does, say hello to long-winded contract negotiations and goodbye to free matchmaking.

Back