PRK laser eye surgery

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
Just wear contacts and get some of those Bruce Buffer ab implants with the money.
Buffer-Ripped1.jpg

I'm standing here with money in hand eager to get either procedure but I can't because I have chronic dry eye. Started about 2 years ago after wearing contacts for 20 years. I've been on restasis, xiidra, etc with little to no improvement. Really pisses me of because I can't even wear contacts at this point.

What's the cost difference between the two. Also my sister had lasik for 2 grand and swears by it

i got LASIK on Monday.. pretty painful 4-5 hours post-op.. but i'm doing great now.. 20/20 vision

Any reason why you guys would recommend that over Lasik?
I have cornea issues that prevents me from getting LASIK.

PRK has a longer recovery time, but for me, it would fix my cornea problem AND my vision.

USAF did my PRK back in like 2002, I think. Recovery sucked, but it was great up until about 2013 when I started needing glasses again. Not sure if that’s a common experience, but it was good while it lasted.

I'm having a cornea transplant in just over two weeks. I've been wearing lenses for about 30 years and they cannot make lenses in the right shape anymore. I won't be able to bend over fully, exercise or work for at least a month.

I had the epi-lasik done years ago... but having just googled epi-lasik and PKR, it seemed like I might have had the PKR done instead...

I should get PRK surgery, but the damn copay....
Maybe I should start a gofundme

Back