Private Company Cleared for 2017 Moon Mission

Lets hope they dont do anything like alter the orbit of the moon even slightly which may cause shifts in tidal levels from which may cause some coastal cities to flood when its high tide or something.

What resources does the moon have? I read on space.com that the objectives are testing out the performance of the spacecraft, winning the 30 million Google prize, and also to help exploit resources on the moon.
I'm assuming this is to research what resources it may have. They think there might be water ice there which would allow for a (new and public knowledge one) moon base. A moon base would allow for further space exploration due to not having to fight through the Earth's atmosphere.

Fucking awesome news btw. I'm shocked they are getting the go ahead especially with them announcing today or yesterday that they are shutting down the ISS live feed. Too many people have spotted spacecraft before NASA could catch it and turn the feed off. What if a private company finds one of the many things NASA has been trying to hide up there? What if they encounter an alien spacecraft?

Nice, I think it will be to late for me but maybe my kids will be able to visit the Moon for an affordable price.

What a time to be alive.

Barely 100 years ago we couldn't even fly and now private companies are trying to get to the moon.
But what if you could be alive in 2116 to witness that space technology? I'm considering being cryogenically frozen to see the future of space.

But what if you could be alive in 2116 to witness that space technology? I'm considering being cryogenically frozen to see the future of space.

If you told me I could go forward as far as I want in time, I'd probably just stay here. There would always be a "later time" that's likely more advanced and cooler. "just... one more turn... then bed" kind of thing.

Then again maybe the world actually ends tomorrow and THIS IS the most advanced time period for quite awhile.

edit: either way I'd probably stay put.

If you told me I could go forward as far as I want in time, I'd probably just stay here. There would always be a "later time" that's likely more advanced and cooler. "just... one more turn... then bed" kind of thing.

Then again maybe the world actually ends tomorrow and THIS IS the most advanced time period for quite awhile.

edit: either way I'd probably stay put.

Honestly you are on to something. I doubt that we are more than 100 years away from another Dark Ages

Honestly you are on to something. I doubt that we are more than 100 years away from another Dark Ages

There are people whos intelect and beliefs that belongs to the Dark ages just take a look at the few posters in this thread along and the rest of the WR crazy threads.

@Scyther is gonna have a meltdown of biblical proportions when some random non-NASA schlub gets up there and looks down on a round Earth

Ugh I've seen this shit before we all know how this end. Stupid British people and their stupid accents trying to take over the world and shit.

my Dad retired from Lockheed. He personally helped design the Titan Centaus and the Orion which is still in the works to go to Mars. Throughout my life I have personally met many people that worked on the Apollo missions. To believe some of the posters in this thread I would have to have been lied to my entire life by my father and his friends about their invovlement in the space missions.

Not going to happen in 2017. Rocket Labs is providing the rocket

@Scyther send them a resume and get in on the ground floor. You can blow the top off their whole cabal !!!

@Scyther is gonna have a meltdown of biblical proportions when some random non-NASA schlub gets up there and looks down on a round Earth
They've already been to the moon supposedly and all the pictures are fake. Don't take my word for it look at it yourself. I time stamped the video. Need any more evidence just let me know.

my Dad retired from Lockheed. He personally helped design the Titan Centaus and the Orion which is still in the works to go to Mars. Throughout my life I have personally met many people that worked on the Apollo missions. To believe some of the posters in this thread I would have to have been lied to my entire life by my father and his friends about their invovlement in the space missions.

You don't understand. No not everyone who works for NASA are in the know. People do indeed build these rockets and what have you but they don't go to space. Just because you build something doesn't mean you know everything that's happening at the top. For instance, I may work at a store but I don't know if the owner is paying his taxes. So if you do indeed know all these people you say you do it doesn't mean they're all in on some conspiracy.

NASA can't even produce a real picture of the Earth.

They've already been to the moon supposedly and all the pictures are fake. Don't take my word for it look at it yourself. I time stamped the video. Need any more evidence just let me know.

oh my god, get the hell out of thread. This is for smart people, not you.

Hmmmm
I'm not convinced

You don't understand. No not everyone who works for NASA are in the know. People do indeed build these rockets and what have you but they don't go to space. Just because you build something doesn't mean you know everything that's happening at the top. For instance, I may work at a store but I don't know if the owner is paying his taxes. So if you do indeed know all these people you say you do it doesn't mean they're all in on some conspiracy.

NASA can't even produce a real picture of the Earth.

So you are telling me that you believe we built a functional rocket ship but decided not to use it? Why would the US do that?

Back