Prison sentences in the US compared to other countries

I guess the point is. Its not really working too well is it? And private contractors with capacity quotas is beyond comprehension.

Don't you think a fairer comparison or one that you should aspire towards wouldn't be an ideal from a third world shit hole? Honestly I didn't mean anything bad about America. I love the place and half of your post is correct in that with these freedoms comes great responsibility.

But then you also have 25% of the world prison population.. that doesn't exactly go hand in hand with these freedoms you speak of.

I wish we didn't jail people for the crimes of expressing freedom of speech I really do. But people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

but the US also has like 6-10x as many people as the countries you are comparing them too. Plus much more diverse in terms of ethnicity and class. Now that there is an influx of diversity and poverty into European countries, you even see these countries altering their statistics, reclassifying things like sexual assault and rape to lesser crimes.

I guess the point is. Its not really working too well is it? And private contractors with capacity quotas is beyond comprehension.

I do agree with this in regard to the private contractors. But outside of the war on drugs, which does generate a lot of prisoners, I have no problem. I think murders SHOULD be in jail for life, if not executed. And not given housing better than many normal citizens.

Kumla-prison-in-Sweden-009.jpg

This is a prison cell in Sweden. If this were a US prison cell, you would have people wanting to commit crimes, just to get an upgrade in housing.

Back to the war on drugs, I think we do fail in this regard, as we do not rehab these people out of drug use and/or give them tools (education) to turn their life around.

It is like the chicken and the egg, but the US prison/judicial system is certainly not the chicken in this case and one of several eggs that stem from being the center of world capitalism (class division), over population, and greater freedoms than other countries.

Just as an example, now that Sweden has become more diverse, look at the spike in statistics like rape. Sweden had 25 rapes per 100k people in 2003, but in 2010, it had 63 per 100k. Double that of the US.

What's wrong with plea bargains?

You can’t risk not to take the deal. You get a deal for let’s say 5 years but if you take it to trial you risk getting 50 years. Even if you are innocent you have to take the deal. I believe something like 80% of cases do not go to trial

You can’t risk not to take the deal. You get a deal for let’s say 5 years but if you take it to trial you risk getting 50 years. Even if you are innocent you have to take the deal. I believe something like 80% of cases do not go to trial

I think it's actually over 90%.

The other side of the coin is that the vast majority of guilty pleas are letting people off easy that actually deserve more time. That, and it would be virtually impossible to conduct all the trials that would be necessary without please. You'd need 10 times the court houses, judges, District attorneys, etc.

but the US also has like 6-10x as many people as the countries you are comparing them too. Plus much more diverse in terms of ethnicity and class. Now that there is an influx of diversity and poverty into European countries, you even see these countries altering their statistics, reclassifying things like sexual assault and rape to lesser crimes.

I do agree with this in regard to the private contractors. But outside of the war on drugs, which does generate a lot of prisoners, I have no problem. I think murders SHOULD be in jail for life, if not executed. And not given housing better than many normal citizens.

Kumla-prison-in-Sweden-009.jpg

This is a prison cell in Sweden. If this were a US prison cell, you would have people wanting to commit crimes, just to get an upgrade in housing.

Back to the war on drugs, I think we do fail in this regard, as we do not rehab these people out of drug use and/or give them tools (education) to turn their life around.

It is like the chicken and the egg, but the US prison/judicial system is certainly not the chicken in this case and one of several eggs that stem from being the center of world capitalism (class division), over population, and greater freedoms than other countries.

Just as an example, now that Sweden has become more diverse, look at the spike in statistics like rape. Sweden had 25 rapes per 100k people in 2003, but in 2010, it had 63 per 100k. Double that of the US.
Again I don't disagree with much of what you say. People like to apply their own rules and own set of circumstances or own policies in government to other countries.

You do have freedom but with that freedom comes great costs and consequence. And you are a leader of the free world. But my original point was, that you aren't going to be the best if you are comparing yòurselfs to third world shit holes.

And whilst you bring in the issue of migrants, which in part I agree with you. I would look at your own indigenous population like bible belt country and over 80 million people in america not even believing in rvolution. Becssue education in that instance is key. We do not have that same problem. Again it's a problem of unlimited freedoms that that doctrine is taught to school kids.

I think it's actually over 90%.

The other side of the coin is that the vast majority of guilty pleas are letting people off easy that actually deserve more time. That, and it would be virtually impossible to conduct all the trials that would be necessary without please. You'd need 10 times the court houses, judges, District attorneys, etc.

Something as important as taking someone’s freedom away should be a matter of money. So if you need to build 10 times the court houses. Do it (and maybe not spend all that fucking money on weapons)

In my country everybody can go to trial and we don’t have any plea deals.

Compared to many countries the US has a high percentage of prisioners.
You mean, compared to every country, the US has a high percentage of prisoners.

We have the highest prison population % in the world. Higher incarceration rate than North Korea. That includes the amount of people they execute which is only a few dozen to a few hundred per year.

We also have the highest prison population in the world. Higher than China. That also includes the amount of people that China executes.

We're the world leader on all prison statistics.

That said, I'd much rather be sentenced and go to jail in America than in Asia.

52e24ad76bb3f7fa7f0fd548-1136-728.jpg

Do other countries have less prisoners because they have more capital punishment sentences?

No. Even when you include the CIA estimates for capital punishment sentences in China and North Korea, we still have more prisoners per capita than CIA estimates for North Korea and more total prisoners than China.

High percentage is an understatement. The US has the highest recorded incarceration rate in the world.

world-incarcertion-rates_1.png

http://www.prisonstudies.org/highest-to-lowest/prison_population_rate?field_region_taxonomy_tid=All

Combination of history, demographics, insane laws, privatised prison system, so on so forth. Billion dollar industry too.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/the-p...es-big-business-or-a-new-form-of-slavery/8289
Estimates for North Korea are 600-800/100,000. Executions are only a few dozen a year. So, we have a higher incarceration rate than low end estimates for North Korea, including their executions.

let's make everywhere Norway.
that dude that killed 70kids is asking for the latest version of playstation so he can play games well, or it's a human rights abuse.
That guy, left:
alexandre-e-isabella-nardoni.jpg

Threw his daughter, right, outta a window. Got 30 years, maximum sentence here. He is now free on parole after 10 years.
It's absurd, I have my objections to the death penalty but life sentences are essential in these cases.

And who gave you, the 'people', that right to make laws in this land and govern over other groups of people in this land?

Also, you just admitted that you are responsible for making laws so please stop trying to separate yourself.
I don't really have an issue with our laws. It's more of our enforcement of them.

Underage drinking is illegal everywhere, for example. But other countries don't have undercover officers going out to doing sting operations to give records to minimum wage employees like waiters and store clerks. So, waiters and store clerks have to live in fear.

Bar fights are illegal everywhere. But you generally won't become a criminal for getting into a bar fight outside of the US; the police, if they're called, will just tell you that you're a moron, maybe make you pay a small on-the-spot 'fine' to the other guy, and to go home. Etc, etc.

All these things should be illegal but our enforcement of them is over-the-top.

I've been to places with much stricter laws like South Korea and Japan. However, those places actually, despite the more draconian laws, feel much more free because you don't feel the enforcement of them breathing down your neck everywhere.

Last edited:
The only alternative that will work is to follow the laws of the Most High and return all lands to their original owners..

So.. theoretically, if we cloned Homo Erectus, doesn't your reasoning mean that all black homo sapiens would have to vacate Africa to return it to its rightful owners?

Back