Prince ( Purple Rain) Vs Bruce Springsteen (Born In The USA)

Better album

• Total voters

RowdyLesnar

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Both albums were released on the same month of 1984. Which one is the better or your favourite album and singles? Also who was the bigger star between them at that time?

Please make a poll. @TeTe @Jackonfire @irish_thug @Lethal

Prince wouldve been the biggest star in the world if he didnt arrive on the scene at the same time that Michael Jackson released Thriller

Born In The USA is a masterpiece, though, every song is a classic
Gotta go with Bruce on this one

I never really cared for Springsteen and I say that as someone that grew up in his hometown.

Purple Rain by a landslide. They once asked Eric Clapton how it felt to be the best guitarist alive, and he answered “Ask Prince”

Two great artists though they could not be more different. Prince just overflowed with creativity during the first half of his career, while Bruce has had great longevity - his recent stuff is up there with his best. I'm picking Springsteen here, but only by a hair.

Prince is the more skilled musician by far, Springsteen is leagues ahead in the lyrics department.

Missmatch. Better square him off against we will Rock you or rocking in the free World...

<DisgustingHHH> you can't do these random comparisons with music. Movies are about where I draw the line

Voted Springsteen just cuz I haven't heard alot of prince. I really like the song born in the USA tho

Purple Rain and it's not close at all.
If Born to Run or Darkness on the Edge of Town was pitted versus PR that would be much closer. But Born in the USA is just decent, nothing more. Purple Rain is outstanding.

Purple rain by a mile for me. Prince was an amazing guitar player.

[QUOTE="Pliny Pete, post: 164819730, member: 454489"]Prince wouldve been the biggest star in the world if he didnt arrive on the scene at the same time that Michael Jackson released Thriller

Born In The USA is a masterpiece, though, every song is a classic
Gotta go with Bruce on this one[/QUOTE]

They were also the best of friends.

Prince was a flippin legend. And far superior a musician than Bruce. He played so many different instruments and was a guitar God.
Purple Rain is a perfect album.

I saw Prince a few years ago in a small club. in Vegas with can't have been more than 1000 people, it was a fantastic gig that I feel very lucky to have gone to.

Back