Primo Carnera UFC

Rudenoodle

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Primo Carnera had an awesome reach and from what I understand a very accomplished wrestling background and of course was a boxing HW champ so how do you think he would have faired during MMA infancy if given the chance?

He would be the ufc HW champion.

Some dude died two days after a Primo ko, not sure if the instances are related but wouldn't be shocked if they were.

Primo Carnera had an awesome reach and from what I understand a very accomplished wrestling background and of course was a boxing HW champ so how do you think he would have faired during MMA infancy if given the chance?

Wiki says he had done professional wrestling, has he done amateur wrestling too in his youth? Lesnar would probably still take him down, so it'd be first shot vs first punch :)

Well, as a professional fighter, Carnera has 83 more wins than Lesnar does...

At 6′5

I wonder if he'd do better than this guy?

butterbean.jpg

Wiki says he had done professional wrestling, has he done amateur wrestling too in his youth? Lesnar would probably still take him down, so it'd be first shot vs first punch :)

Pro wrestling was a bit different back then. I'm sure others on here are better at explaining it but it was harsh stuff.

Some dude died two days after a Primo ko, not sure if the instances are related but wouldn't be shocked if they were.

Obviously it was because of Baer.

Pro wrestling was a bit different back then. I'm sure others on here are better at explaining it but it was harsh stuff.

the old days of pro wrestling had a combination of fake and real (shoot) contests. there also were traveling carnivals with pro wrestlers who would take on all comers, be paid to extend the match to just before the cash would be won by the challenger and then win to make the pro look vulnerable, all so another mark would step up to make the group more money.

the major pro wrestling groups stopped having legitimate matches by the 40's, although they had a few legit wrestlers for a couple decades afterwards.

the old days of pro wrestling had a combination of fake and real (shoot) contests. there also were traveling carnivals with pro wrestlers who would take on all comers, be paid to extend the match to just before the cash would be won by the challenger and then win to make the pro look vulnerable, all so another mark would step up to make the group more money.

the major pro wrestling groups stopped having legitimate matches by the 40's, although they had a few legit wrestlers for a couple decades afterwards.

Thanks for the info.

Back