PRIMES - How do you see Glover Teixeira vs Thiago Silva going?

Adamant

Adamantium Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
At the peak of their game both guys were absolute monsters! Utter destroyers. How to you see a clash between these two going, both guys in their primes?

It would have been one hell of a matchup.

HbTs.gif

200.gif

Glover by mauling. Sorry but the best version of Thiago doesn't get past the current version of Glover, much less his prime.

Glover wrecks Silva

Silva wasnt even good

He was 13-0 with 12 finishes. He was a wrecking machine. The only reason he dropped off the map was because Prime Machida ended his hype. Prime Machida would end Prime Glover's hype real quick too.

He was 13-0 with 12 finishes. He was a wrecking machine. The only reason he dropped off the map was because Prime Machida ended his hype.

I respectfully disagree: he had some excellent performances well after the Machida fight. I think his legal troubles had much more to do with his descent into obscurity.

I respectfully disagree: he had some excellent performances well after the Machida fight. I think his legal troubles had much more to do with his descent into obscurity.

I agree with that. But what I meant was is if Thiago hadn't fought Machida, I feel he would have won potentially several more fights in a row before getting a title shot. The dude was a monster. It's just his hype sort of died after Machida, then the legal problems started and he just sort of went away. It's too bad.

Machida was a bad matchup for him. Glover, I feel, would fit more in line with his strengths. Glover would come straight forward, and Thiago used to annihilate guys that came right at him.

He was 13-0 with 12 finishes. He was a wrecking machine. The only reason he dropped off the map was because Prime Machida ended his hype. Prime Machida would end Prime Glover's hype real quick too.
glover>rampage>lyoto

He was absolutely shit

Best fighter he beat was James Irvin via injury

Glover wrecks Machida on the ground, even worse than Luke did

He was absolutely shit

Best fighter he beat was James Irvin via injury

Glover wrecks Machida on the ground, even worse than Luke did

He was 18-3 before he left UFC, and a vast majority of those fights were won by brutal KO/TKO. That's hardly absolute shit.

Prime Machida wrecks both Glover and Luke. Even during their primes.

He was 18-3 before he left UFC, and a vast majority of those fights were won by brutal KO/TKO. That's hardly absolute shit.

Prime Machida wrecks both Glover and Luke. Even during their primes.
Anyone can rack up a lot of wins over shit competition like he did

Glover beats any Machida with ease

Anyone can rack up a lot of wins over shit competition like he did

Glover beats any Machida with ease

9 wins in the superbowl of mixed martial arts isn't shit. There are no easy fights.
tenor.gif

I see Glover beating the current Machida, and probably the Machida of the last number of years. But not Prime Machida.

9 wins in the superbowl of mixed martial arts isn't shit. There are no easy fights.
tenor.gif

I see Glover beating the current Machida, and probably the Machida of the last number of years. But not Prime Machida.
There are plenty of softball fights in the UFC

Glover by mauling. Sorry but the best version of Thiago doesn't get past the current version of Glover, much less his prime.

Why do you say that?

I rememeber back when Thiago was on his way up in the UFC, Shogun talked about him being the best guy at Chute Boxe.

Why do you say that?

I rememeber back when Thiago was on his way up in the UFC, Shogun talked about him being the best guy at Chute Boxe.
Glover would take him down and maul him. Maybe Thiago could hang on the feet but prime Glover had an iron chin and legit KO power too. But I just don't see how Thiago could survive once it hits the ground.

Back