Prime vs Prime: Miletich vs Condit

Condit. No disrespect to Miletich but guys are just better than they were 15-20 years ago.

Exactly.

Miletech growing up in the modern era is a very different story to growing up in a world where MMA barely existed.

In the Car world,
A piece of shit modern Tata would destory a model T ford in basically any test you wish to put it o but not when you consider that at its time it was revolutionary.

You can't be serious. Even worse, there are 6 other idiots who voted for Miletich.

Pat has the style but he isnt complete like condit is and for that reason i have to give it to condit.

Pat has the style but he isnt complete like condit is and for that reason i have to give it to condit.

Wait, what? Miletich was considered one of the first (if not THE first) complete MMA fighter.

With that being said, Miletich would get my edge, just because I know how weak condit's TDD is and how even they are in terms of ground work. Miletich is also craftier; some of the things he pulled prior to his chronic neck pains going into overdrive were insane.

Not sure where everyone's getting off on saying Pat's less well-rounded than Condit. He's not: he was one of the first three dimensional fighters in mma history, along with Frank Shamrock.

But, Condit's two dimensions (e.g. kicking and guard game) are just better.
How decorated was Miletich's wrestling?
Not sure about credentials, but most fighters out of MFS originated as wrestlers and learned other skills through exposure to other styles through cross-training, and Pat was no exception although he also did kickboxing matches early on.

He could take down Condit no problem, whether or not he could survive Condit's guard or keep him from standing up is another question though, and he definitely wouldn't be passing at all.
With that being said, Miletich would get my edge, just because I know how weak condit's TDD is and how even they are in terms of ground work.
Condit's guard game is much better than Pat's top game was. Most of Pat's submissions came over opponents who were woefully inexperienced in grappling.

I'm a huge old school MFS fan, but let's not kid ourselves here. The level of competition now is astronomically better now than it was.

Condit would smash him in the first round.

condit. fighters are better now than before

Wait, what? Miletich was considered one of the first (if not THE first) complete MMA fighter.

With that being said, Miletich would get my edge, just because I know how weak condit's TDD is and how even they are in terms of ground work. Miletich is also craftier; some of the things he pulled prior to his chronic neck pains going into overdrive were insane.

Being a complete fighter today > Being a complete fighter a decade ago

It makes all the difference in the world!

Being a complete fighter 10 from > being a complete fighter today

As the fight game grows in its years so does its skill cap!

Being a complete fighter today > Being a complete fighter a decade ago

It makes all the difference in the world!

Being a complete fighter 10 from > being a complete fighter today

As the fight game grows in its years so does its skill cap!
Being a complete fighter means being three-dimensional. There have been three-dimensional fighters since the 90s. The only difference is that modern three-dimensional fighters are simply better in those dimensions than they were ages past. Being able to do everything to a reasonable extent just isn't enough anymore; being outstanding at one thing, great at another and decent in the last is.

Regardless, Pat just doesn't have the skill to beat Condit. Two dimensions beat three when the two dimensions are better.

Being a complete fighter means being three-dimensional. There have been three-dimensional fighters since the 90s. The only difference is that modern three-dimensional fighters are simply better in those dimensions than they were ages past. Being able to do everything to a reasonable extent just isn't enough anymore; being outstanding at one thing, great at another and decent in the last is.

Regardless, Pat just doesn't have the skill to beat Condit. Two dimensions beat three when the two dimensions are better.

I dont recall condit not knowing these "three-dimensions"? What are these 3 ares you speak of? Where did you get this information? Anyways even if condit isnt great at wrestling like he is with his submission or striking game his overall grappling game cant not be overlooked which wrestling falls under. TBH your logic isnt far off but i would word it better next time using specifics, these 3dimensions seems too vague but i more or less understand what your getting at.

Guarantee 90% of people voting for Condit haven't seen more than 2 Pat Miletich fights, if even that. I absolutely guarantee it.

Back