Prime vs Prime: Machida vs Johnson

Rumble kod a couple of guys, including a headbutt

4716c4aef92cb70e8f4a2cc40dfc7c38.jpg

I like Gus too, but come on...

Machida is sadly past his prime. No reason he should have lost his last 2, because he was much more skilled than his opponents. Getting old happens.

Rumble by KO leading this poll? You guys are crazy.

Prime Machida does not lose to Rumble. Recent performances swaying opinions here? Rumble wouldn't land a big shot on Machida in the first round. He'd get frustrated and finished late.

Voting "can't decide" because fight could clearly go either way. Too many variables to say definitively...

Does Rumble show up with a gas tank?
Does Machida show up with a "game plan"?
Is the fight at 185 or 205?
Does somebody land a lucky shot?
Who are judges favorable towards?
Etc...

Voting "can't decide" because fight could clearly go either way. Too many variables to say definitively...

Does Rumble show up with a gas tank?
Does Machida show up with a "game plan"?
Is the fight at 185 or 205?
Does somebody land a lucky shot?
Who are judges favorable towards?
Etc...

Do you know what "prime" means? So the best version of each. So it's at LHW.

Would be a great fight but I think Rumble is good enough to cut Machida off and get the t(ko)

Fantasy matchmaking goes into the wasteland, innit?

Machida couldn't outstrike Shogun on the feet yet he's going to TKO Rumble.

Lol

Honestly,Current Rumble can outstrike any UFC fighter(including HWs) from any era, and Machida can't take him down.

Rumble by KO

I don't think we've seen the best Rumble just yet.

Machida would win a decision IMO

perhaps a scary first round, but after that, Machida would pick him apart, could possibly even land the odd takedown

Johnson is too predictable for Machida I think, Machida is more versatile, harder to hit, better cardio and can still KO you in an instant

Peoeple are forgetting how good Machida was at his best. Many people think he had better overall skills than Anderson when they were both at their best

If Machida actually used his trips he could sub a tired Rumble later on.

True. But Rumbles striking and pressure are so crazy. Gotta go with Rumble by KO. Machida struggled with the pressure Shogun, Rampage and Hendo put on him.

Prime Machida is a different fighter, but not for the reason you might think.

Machida changed a style that was very effective for him, and that worked, in order to please the "fans" and the promotion. The aggressive Machida we see today is not the same one who won the LHW belt.

Prime Machida does not even attempt a strike against rumble, maybe a jab until at least 3min into the fight, he controls the octagon while sensing Rumble to figure him out.

Slowly brings up his output over the 3 rounds landing more and more strikes while evading AJ's

Machida UD

Tough call, I have never thought about this fight. I am going to take Machida by submission

I'll take Rumble.

His wrestling would still be dangerous and he would have a noticeable size advantage on Machida. I think he'd beat Machida up with kicks (which Machida has always been fairly open to), and eventually get a finish.

Back