Prime vs Prime: Arlovski vs Overeem

that's a fight I would love to see right now. Considering their careers, its a fight that makes sense and would be awesome for longtime fans. Can we as the internet make this happen? The UFC brass must have considered it.

However, if they were actually both in their prime, it's a tough call. Overeem has reach and overall power, but Arlovski has better footwork and hand speed. It's either a war of skill, or it's a war of power. I voted Arlovski, but I also think Overeem could win via KO just as easily.

Very interesting in their prime, but yeah i wouldn't mind it today either. Would be a good fight either way.

Yes I know, but if Overeem wins/loses vs Nelson, Arloski vs Overeem could still be within 2-3 fights away

Overeem and Arlovski train together

Screen_Shot_2014-08-25_at_9.47.01_AM.0.png

Very interesting in their prime, but yeah i wouldn't mind it today either. Would be a good fight either way.

Two longtime heavyweight stand outs with similar ups and downs, career wise, it's more amazing to think they haven't fought each other already considering they have both competed for multiple promotions.

It's always going to be a "whoever lands first" 50/50 type of fight. I can see either guy taking it, but I would be rooting for Arlovski.

Overeem and Arlovski train together

Screen_Shot_2014-08-25_at_9.47.01_AM.0.png

Very good point, unfortunately for me. I still want to see that fight though, that would be fun. Some people can be friends and fight each other, like Cerrone and Henderson, and some people can't. It's their lives, I'm just a fan and occasional optimist.

Very good point, unfortunately for me. I still want to see that fight though, that would be fun. Some people can be friends and fight each other, like Cerrone and Henderson, and some people can't. It's their lives, I'm just a fan and occasional optimist.

Agreed.

Are we talking peak horsemeat Overeem? I dunno, hard to say. Either one could get KO'd but I'd go with Arlovski who is quicker and with better cardio.

I don't want to say too much, because I had some HIGH hopes for Overeem, but... Arlovski's Prime was pretty legit, while Alistair's... Mmmm... might have involved a lot of science in it.

LOL and a lot high quality horsemeat.

Prime Horsemeat Reem > Prime Arlovski

I'd go with Arlovski in this one.

I would give Arlovski the edge personally, he was prone to getting backed up but had good takedown defence and the boxing to test Overeems chin.

back when AA had a chin i think he takes it
Wait a min he never had much of a chin. Matter of fact this might be the longest right now that he hasn't ate the mat face first.

Arlovski. While Reem at one point was a total killer, his chin has always been the same. He's been KO'd throughout his entire mma career. Arlovski's chin wasn't so bad before and his striking was FAST. He was fast with some great power. I can easily see Arlovski putting Reem away.

Reem on the horse meat diet beats prime AA.

I'd pick Arlovski due to speed. With those chins it's all about connecting first

Arlovski was at his peak either when he subbed Tim Sylvia or when he stepped in the cage with Fedor.....

Either of those gets destroyed by the Overeemoster that tossed around Brett Rogers and kicked Brock in half.....

Overeem by KO and its not close.....

Last edited:
In a kickboxing match with mma gloves (which is probably what this would amount to) I'd favour Arlovski's hands over Reem's chin.

Back