Prime Tito vs Jon Jones hypothetical

I'd see Jones either brutalizing the body for a TKO or getting a submission.

Jon Jones is a guy I have zero respect for, from the drug use to the PEDs, to hit-and-runs. His sense of honor is zero.

'Prime' Jon jones mauled every LHW that ever walked the earth. And most of the heavyweights.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but what does Tito have that guys like Cormier, Chael, and Bader didn't? All three are superior strikers (imo), have a deep wrestling pedigree, and great cardio...
Accounting for the era in which guys fought is important too... Tito had an impressive run in the late 90s and early 2000s, but he was defeating the likes of Shamrock, Evan Tanner, Guy Mezger etc. Granted, he did grind out a win against a prime Wanderlei Silva...
Hard to imagine Tito getting Jones to the ground though... especially considering Cormier had little success in that area.
An interesting query nevertheless.
I think thats the most competitive fight in all the UFC history.

I think prime Chuck gets eaten alive by Jon Jones.

Tito has the wrestling and cardio to grind Jones down.

Thoughts?

Are we to assume Tito was clean in the 'good old days'? I highly doubt it... notwithstanding the fact he's been able to maintain an impressive physique well into his 40s...
Jon Jones is a guy I have zero respect for, from the drug use to the PEDs, to hit-and-runs. His sense of honor is zero.

'Prime' Jon jones mauled every LHW that ever walked the earth. And most of the heavyweights.

Back