Prime Tim Sylvia vs Stipe Miocic

Is there anything in the Penal Code against such posts? Penalty should be lying under sweaty Big Country's armpits for a round.

I actually think Timmy is very underrated on here but he's far too slow and Stipe cracks him early.

Losing to Stefan Struve years ago doesn't equate to struggling with long rangy guys btw

Early finishes were always a danger for Sylvia but I wouldnt say its just a case of Stipe can bum rush him, look what happened to Arlovski trying to do that and indeed look at what happened to Stipe vs Reem.

Early finishes were always a danger for Sylvia but I wouldnt say its just a case of Stipe can bum rush him, look what happened to Arlovski trying to do that and indeed look at what happened to Stipe vs Reem.

I don't think he would need to rush him to crack him personally. He just has much faster hands.

Yeah, Arlovskis boxing is about as good as stipes, but his chin let's him down.

I don't think he would need to rush him to crack him personally. He just has much faster hands.

Not sure about that, maybe a bit faster than Tim but I don't think he's anywhere close to as fast as Arlovski or Fedor, he'd tended to need to really get close in to hurt opponents via pressure, rarely has he picked out fight changing single punchs from range.
Yeah, Arlovskis boxing is about as good as stipes, but his chin let's him down.

Stipe's boxing fundamentals are better than Arlovski's I'd say and he's less prone to taking risks and getting caught but you look at the way Andrei hurt Timmy exploding forward with those fast overhands, Stipe's never really shown the abiltiy to do that.

To hurt Tim I think Stipe would need to get in close most likely and that does risk getting caught on the way in as he was vs Reem and JDS 1.

Last edited:
Come on bro, Big Tim struggled to win with the likes of Brandon freekn Vera who wasnt a true heavy( and maybe thee most overrated fighter in UFC history). Prime Stipe > prime sylvia....not even close. Stipe > Sylvia ....not even close. Oh- and I have no horse here. I even feel bad for how a large percentage of mma fans treated big Tim.

It's very sherdog-sexy to claim a fighter from past comes and beats the current champ but Stipe stops Timmeh in the first round.

New age fans don’t understand how good Timmeh was there for a couple years. It would be closer than ppl are thinking

Come on bro, Big Tim struggled to win with the likes of Brandon freekn Vera who wasnt a true heavy( and maybe thee most overrated fighter in UFC history). Prime Stipe > prime sylvia....not even close. Stipe > Sylvia ....not even close. Oh- and I have no horse here. I even feel bad for how a large percentage of mma fans treated big Tim.
Stipe is one of the most overrated fighters in UFC HW history, and he didn't deserve a rematch with 40 year old Cormier after he got ktfo.
It's just the standard is pretty low, so a 3 fight win streak becomes 'legendary'.
Sylvia was solid enough all around to give Stipe problems, no evidence at all Stipe walks past Sylvia.

Overall year I'd agree but specifically in this style matchup? I think Sylvia does have the ability to case Stipe problems if he can't finish early.

Sylvia often coasted to lackluster decisions but the reality is he did win every decision he ever went to in the UFC besides Randy and that fight you could argue really ended early.

Stipe is one of the most overrated fighters in UFC HW history, and he didn't deserve a rematch with 40 year old Cormier after he got ktfo.
It's just the standard is pretty low, so a 3 fight win streak becomes 'legendary'.
Sylvia was solid enough all around to give Stipe problems, no evidence at all Stipe walks past Sylvia.
Again, I'm not a " stipe " guy. In fact - if they give franny his deserved re match, I expect Ngsnnou to sleep Miocic.

However- to call Stipe " one of the most overrated " is just downright ( no offense).....silly( was going to use a more pungent word but I'll keep it respectful).

Those words are reserved for guys like Brandon and Kang. Prime Stipe would be a significant favorite over prime Tim. Tim was very fortunate to be fighting in that era of UFC s heavyweight division. I'm just calling it down the line. Tim was fundamentally sound, tough and he listened. That only gets u so far.

Fun fact ( this one of support for fun body Tim)- He made the walk to fight Randy with the same injury that ruined Cain Velasquez. Again, a respected tough guy from my end.

New age fans don’t understand how good Timmeh was there for a couple years. It would be closer than ppl are thinking

This

Prime Sylvia lasted for about 15 mins but he was a different beast. Tim should have fought 205 if possible but HW gave him too much leeway & he Johnny Hendricksed himself into irrelevance.

tumblr_ogsrlgTbf81qd4esao1_400.gifv

Overall year I'd agree but specifically in this style matchup? I think Sylvia does have the ability to case Stipe problems if he can't finish early.

Sylvia often coasted to lackluster decisions but the reality is he did win every decision he ever went to in the UFC besides Randy and that fight you could argue really ended early.
As I posted just previous - I respect Tim as a fundamentally tough fighter but was fortunate in fighting in the era he fought in. He also has a big legitimate excuse in Randy fight as he made walk with the very same injury that ruined Cain. Matt( hughes) was very vocal about before and after fight.

I got Sylvia on this one. Stipe struggles against long rangey guys.
Quick and easy KO for Stipe.
Tim is definitely underrated, but Stipe is still a big dude. He's also much more athletic and technical. I mean, Tim got outstruck soundly by old man Randy ffs.
Stipe makes light work of timmeh

Back