Prime stipe > prime cain

I always thought Stipe would probably beat Cain.

It would still be a good fight.

I disagree, what he has done here is amazing:

giphy.gif

Velasquez_vs._Constant.gif

cainkongo.gif

10000928_medium.gif
n15xf4.gif

AssuredDifficultAsiandamselfly-size_restricted.gif

JTWDISe.gif
hGOkuuY.gif

2_medium_medium.gif
giphy.gif
ac727b8f1bc8eeef24a27df979959e16.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

cain-bigfoot-ko1.gif
giphy.gif

tumblr_muybafLHwK1qzt7d8o2_500.gif

cain-4.gif
giphy.gif

cain%2Bvelasquez%2Bufc%2B200%2Bkick.gif
G2MX.gif
hqdefault (2).jpg 10_dossantos_vs_velasquez_006.jpg b29ffcd0-43c9-4c98-b7ff-057d26dcc7ba-USATSI_12182616.jpg

Cain beat two guys back and forth and Mr rousey. No doubt he was awesome but stipe is just a better fighter.

Cain beat Prime JDS twice
Stipe lost a decision to a out of prime JDS
Stipe KO a shot JDS

Why do these threads happen every time a deteriorating legend loses?

It’s like a single loss undoes everything they accomplished throughout their entire career.
Why is Cain a legend and Stipe not?

Stipe set the defense record and beat Ngannou, who would have beaten any of Cain's competition. Yes even prime JDS.

He also beat Werdum who outclassed Cain.

Prime Cain got Ko'd cold by JDS and embarrassed by Werdum.

He's never been some untouchable phenom.

Prime Cain gets rid of him faster than DC did.

Why is Cain a legend and Stipe not?

Stipe set the defense record and beat Ngannou, who would have beaten any of Cain's competition. Yes even prime JDS.

He also beat Werdum who outclassed Cain.

That’s just an opinion and I never said anything to detract from Stipe.

I’m just wondering why a single loss on the downslide of someone’s career is grounds for erasing all accomplishments.

No.

Prime Cain mauls any form of Stipe.

He destroyed Prime JDS who after the beatings from Cain still managed to beat Stipe.

Cain won both of the JDS rematches by getting him to back up against the cage with his hands down, which Stipe does not do. It was a specific stylistic matchup he exploited against a fighter who doesn't fight well going backwards. Stipe does.

Once Cain fought someone who was good in the clinch and not worried about the takedown (Werdum), his striking defense was exposed.

I dont think Stipe ever beats the Cain that fought BFG, JDS and Big Nog. HW resumes are misleading.
BFG? Sorry wracking my brain over here! Big Foot something?

Not hating, it’s prob me being dumb.

nah, its a close fight.

stipe, while still gathering experience was younger in 2014 and JDS off of those 2 cain fights still beat him (it was close as hell tho, my favorite ufc hw fight)

cain beat up jds much more impressively, better forms of jds at that. its a close fight because of matchups. all 3 guys are different. just because cain had the style to pressure and maul jds and stipe couldnt doesnt mean stipe wouldn't knock cains block off. its a razor thin fight

BFG? Sorry wracking my brain over here! Big Foot something?

Not hating, it’s prob me being dumb.
Nah its cool, its just my name for Bigfoot Silva, BFG is that massive, dopey looking giant from the Roald Dahl book "Big Friendly Giant (BFG)"

Look, stipe beat a variety of quality opponents. Cain beat the same two guys for four straight fights and preceeded that by beating the husk of big nogs corpse and one dimensional diverticulitised Brock.

Meanwhile, stipe was demolishing reem, werdum, JDS, arlovski, Hunt and ngannou.

Last edited:
Back