Prime Rothwell Would Have Ended Stipe Hype in 2015 (Fight Cancelled)

Who would have won in 2015?

• Total voters
I don't think that Ben would have won, but it was kind of sketchy how that all went down if I recall it correctly. Stipe basically got to side-step Ben.

UFC brass has a love hate relationship with the dude

I don't think that Ben would have won, but it was kind of sketchy how that all went down if I recall it correctly. Stipe basically got to side-step Ben.
Stipe was injured and the whole card was cancelled iirc. Stipe was then offered Arlovski, who was ranked #2 at the time. Don’t think Stipe was side stepping, he was moving up the line. A win over Ben doesn’t give him a title shot like a win over the #2 HW. Easy decision.

It's heavyweight, anything can happen. But it's very, very hard to imagine someone who couldn't out-footwork JDS having a good time with Stipe.

Ben's alright with me, but hell no, 2015 Stipe gives him a rare tko loss.

Stipe would be the favorite but Rothwell is one of those guys that’s a live dog and can win against anyone on a given night.

not sure why so many are writing Ben off here...hes a big powerful dude and if the person he is fighting is sloppy he can put a serious hurting on them

I'd favour Stipe but not by a wide margin at all

Stipe wasn't sloppy in 2015. That was the year he beat the crap out of a prime Hunt.

I am being the sole selector of Big Ben because I think he catches Stipe with something big.
The only chance of Ben doing "something big" against Stipe is if he drops a steamer in the cage...

Probably would have looked a lot like Rothwell/JDS, with Ben catching another L.

Meh, silly post. Nothing against Rothwell but Stipe has beaten way better competition.

Yeah stipe is so flawless that he lost to world beater Struve....
Rothwell is a slow moving punching bag with crafty subs. That is not the formula against Stipe, even 5 years ago.

Rothwell is a slow moving punching bag with crafty subs. That is not the formula against Stipe, even 5 years ago.
He had almost 5 times as many wins by KO/TKO than by sub..... 28 wins by strikes.... yeah, he's no threat at all with his strikes... he's sloppy but he has power and if he catches you, he can win, while clearly being the lesser technical striker....

I haven’t liked Rothwell since he was juiced up and showed cardio he never had before in the fight with Vera. Vera won rnds 1 + 2, the Rothwell comes out like a spring chicken in rnd 3 showing a gas tank unlike anything he ever showed before to stop Vera. The epitome of tomfoolery.

Ben by gogo and you all know it.

Ben would crush Stipe in a dance off.
1985, 1995, 2005, 2015, now.
Anytime, anywhere.

stipe's riding a wave of fortune based on having a giant head and his opposotion being green 'ngannou' or old 'dc"
prime dc, cain or jds would finish him easily.

He had almost 5 times as many wins by KO/TKO than by sub..... 28 wins by strikes.... yeah, he's no threat at all with his strikes... he's sloppy but he has power and if he catches you, he can win, while clearly being the lesser technical striker....
He hasn't caught anybody in a long, long time, and looks terribly outclassed.

Rothwell being a decent HW is an absolute myth
images

Back