Prime Robbie Lawler Vs Khabib Who you got?

TheChadAllen352352

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
You guys keep saying you wanna see GSP vs Khabib but could Khabib even give a Prime Robbie a run for his money? Btw i pick Robbie by decision.

Lawler takes it, if Khabib wanted to fight at 170 he would've already but he would rather cut 40lbs to fight at light weight

Lawler. He has really good TDD against bigger stronger wrestlers than Khabib. Plus in the late rounds I think he would go to a place Khabib can’t handle, 4/5th round TKO for Lawlrer

Khabib tapped two former double champs.. How many Double Champs been tapped out on the ufc roster, from any fighter huh?!?! Yeahh don't compare Khabib to these scrubs anymore.. He's the goat.

Love Lawler but Khabib gets him down easily and grinds his way to a decision.

I think Lawler but I can see Khabib beating him with his pace and chain wrestling.

No one gets Lawler down easily.

I think people really hold his MW fights against him but even in those fights Jacare and Kennedy didn't take him down easily and IMO those two guys are in the top 5 best grapplers ever at MW(Jacare, Kennedy, Rockhold, Weidman, Maia)

Isn’t one a MW-WW and the other a career-long LW?

Terrible fight for Khabib, I have done breakdowns on here before on why I believe his worst possible fight is GSP but Lawler is a bad fight for him.

Khabib has made a reputation of destroying guys who really aren't bothered about wrestling, it's shocking how many UFC level fighters really ignore the ground side in favour of striking, the best wrestler he has faced is probably kamal Shalorus or Gleison Tibau and Tibau arguably beat him.

A guy like Lawler who has faced NCAA Div. 1 wrestlers who compete as high as Light-Heavyweight his whole career and was able to stop Johnny Hendricks in his prime from taking him down who is a legit NCAA Div. 1 champion his whole career, 4 time All-American for OSU one of the best colleges in USA and finished a career record of 159-13 and School record of 101-5, Khabib has ZERO let me tell ZERO chance of getting him down.

Hendricks would have mauled Khabib, it would be like playtime at the park, Hendricks would be saying 'WTF I thought he could wrestle?'

Lawler would then proceed to KO Khabib within 2-3 rounds, easy work.

Don't even get me started on what GSP would do to him because last time I went biblical on my assessment and converted about 50 Khabib nut huggers.

Terrible fight for Khabib, I have done breakdowns on here before on why I believe his worst possible fight is GSP but Lawler is a bad fight for him.

Khabib has made a reputation of destroying guys who really aren't bothered about wrestling, it's shocking how many UFC level fighters really ignore the ground side in favour of striking, the best wrestler he has faced is probably kamal Shalorus or Gleison Tibau and Tibau arguably beat him.

A guy like Lawler who has faced NCAA Div. 1 wrestlers who compete as high as Light-Heavyweight his whole career and was able to stop Johnny Hendricks in his prime from taking him down who is a legit NCAA Div. 1 champion his whole career, 4 time All-American for OSU one of the best colleges in USA and finished a career record of 159-13 and School record of 101-5, Khabib has ZERO let me tell ZERO chance of getting him down.

Hendricks would have mauled Khabib, it would be like playtime at the park, Hendricks would be saying 'WTF I thought he could wrestle?'

Lawler would then proceed to KO Khabib within 2-3 rounds, easy work.

Don't even get me started on what GSP would do to him because last time I went biblical on my assessment and converted about 50 Khabib nut huggers.
Agreed

I honestly think the only way Khabib wins this fight is if Robbie doesn't do shit for the first 4 rounds.

Right now I'd pick Khabib to beat GSP and lose to Lawler.

Styles make matchups

Isn’t one a MW-WW and the other a career-long LW?
Khabib is massive for a LW outside of the octagon

The weight cut is brutal and he has passed out cutting weight. I think he probably walks at 190lbs not sure would have to look it up.

Fwiw, I think Prime Lawler is a horrid matchup for prime GSP as well.

Back