Prime Motivated BJ vs Khabib

One day I want a prime motivated BJ

Would be awesome to see because of BJ's TDD and creative BJJ, but in a 5 rounder Khabib will wear him out no doubt.

We will never know. I am a huge Khabib fan but BJ is so good at every level of the game except 1. In a 5 round fight BJ has no cardio . BJ must do what has never been done finish Beebs in the first two rounds or Prime BJ becomes gatekeeper BJ after the pounding he gets in rounds 3-5 if he even makes it that far.

Comparing Randy to Khabib lol

BJ would get beat and it would be ugly.

these "GSP and Frankie did this to BJ, so Khabib wins" arguments make no sense.

not only is Khabib's stand up nowhere near as good as GSP's or Frankie's, Khabib doesn't set up his takedowns with his striking even half as well as them.
i believe GSP has a better shot into his takedowns while Khabib is more tenacious and will continue to chain takedowns together until he gets his opponent down and Frankie is really right in the middle of them as far as takedowns, in my opinion.

to get BJ down you'll need a good stand up game and you'll need to be able to blend your stand up with your takedowns, you'll need to time a quick and explosive shot to catch BJ off guard when he thinks you're trying to strike him to be able to get him down, i don't think Khabib has the ability to do that.

BJ beats the shit out of Khabib and makes him look foolish.

bj-penn-licking-blood-GIF-crazy-2.gif
Thank you for a thoughtful post.

Khabib also isnt as big as Hughes or GSP

Besides that to your point BJs biggest problem is his belief in his stand up. He actually has the advantage there vs Khabib so it comes down to pure grappling which like you said BJ was great at especially when there was no set up.

I could see Khabib holding BJs ankle trying to grab the other leg while BJ is completely sprawled in some weird weird way that doesn't seem possible

Why leave out the most relevant guy in Sean Sherk. Who almost beat Prime Matt Hughes
lol as if sean sherk and matt hughes would be a threat to khabib

No. Khabib might win, but he is not 170lb GSP in his absolute prime. He's great, but he's not that by a long shot. He doesn't have the same athleticism, size, stand up or wrestling game, or the same level of fight IQ. I'm not saying Khabib wouldn't win, though.

Khabib probably has the best positional awareness in all of UFC. It’s not his strength that sets him apart but his technique, pace and anticipation of his opponents actions

3 round fight:

Round 1: B.J. Penn comes out strong as he always does and stuffs all Khabib take-down attempts. The round while comeptive enough is an obvious 10/9 round for the prodigy.

Round 2: B.J. comes out strong again winning the exchanges on the feet and stuffs all take-down attempts. The later half of the round B.J. becomes less active and is starting to look a little gassed. A closer but still obvious 10/9 round for the prodigy.

Round 3: B.J. comes out strong for the first minute. The exchanges on the feet are now more even. Khabib shoots for take-downs and early on B.J. is able to defend them. Mid to late in the round Khabib finally gets the take down and lands some GNP. Khabib goes for a submission but the Prodigy defends .... the bell rings and the fight is over. 10/9 for Khabib.

Fight results: B.J. is the winner 2 rounds to 1.

Khabib would have a chance in a five round fight to eek out a controversial decision.

Back