Prime matchup....HENDO vs Weidman?

JPM1223

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
who wins and how?
I think Hendo either wins a decision or KO-TKO late in the 3-4 rd.
Weidman has submissions but I dnt think he gets a prime Hendo down, at least not while hes fresh.

Hendo via TRT H bomb

<{monica}>

Weidman gets KO’d like this
WiQJ04J.gif

That H bomb was no joke back in the day. I'd pipi hendo landing the bomb during a clutch or awkward wrestling exchange.

That said the chris might pick him apart until then

The Chris' Dad would be thinking twice after this one.

who wins and how?
I think Hendo either wins a decision or KO-TKO late in the 3-4 rd.
Weidman has submissions but I dnt think he gets a prime Hendo down, at least not while hes fresh.

You do know Hendo beat Big Nog right? A HW with some of the best subs on the planet (to be fair he also lost once against him).

Hendo had surprisingly good sub defence for a wrestler. He fought pretty much all the top submission guys back in Pride.

Weidman's career has not aged that well IMO. He didn't do that much to earn his title shot in the first place and his streak of best wins were over guys who were definitely past their primes. Injuries likely played a part in his decline in performance as well in all fairness but all we have to judge on is what actually happened in the cage and the fact is that once he started fighting guys closer to his own age, he started looking a LOT less impressive (Kelvin is similar to this).

I don't think he has the speed or the durability to give Dan many problems standing and I don't think he has the discipline to commit to the takedown for 5 rounds which is his best chance of winning. His cardio is also fairly suspect as well (even though Dan's certainly isn't great either in 5 round fights).

Henderson wins 75% of the time at least IMHO

Who was Prime Hendo?

Was it Decision Dan who was mostly a hated wrestler known for close and controversial decision that were often called stalling wins but who also got most of the biggest wins in his career?

OR

Was it HBomb Dan that really started around the Bisping fight and who no longer had the cardio to grapple and started throwing huge punches and either winning by big KO or losing a lot of fights but was loved by fans?

I think Hendo's prime was Decision Dan and i think he would have a hard time grinding out Weidman to a decision win.

You do know Hendo beat Big Nog right? A HW with some of the best subs on the planet (to be fair he also lost once against him).

Hendo had surprisingly good sub defence for a wrestler. He fought pretty much all the top submission guys back in Pride.
Highly controversial decision, much like the Newton and Ninja fights (hence, "Decision Dan").

Hendo's peak was unquestionably at 205, but I'd still favor him here. He's simply built tougher than Weidman, and his track record against top fighters is astonishing; literally as good as it gets.

your right, yet he did have a handful of submissions, Nog, A. Silva

Who was Prime Hendo?

Was it Decision Dan who was mostly a hated wrestler known for close and controversial decision that were often called stalling wins but who also got most of the biggest wins in his career?

OR

Was it HBomb Dan that really started around the Bisping fight and who no longer had the cardio to grapple and started throwing huge punches and either winning by big KO or losing a lot of fights but was loved by fans?

I think Hendo's prime was Decision Dan and i think he would have a hard time grinding out Weidman to a decision win.
StrikeForce Dan was his best as he came back to UFC and beat Shogun and lost desisions, CLOSE DECISIONS, to Suga and Machida

StrikeForce Dan was his best as he came back to UFC and beat Shogun and lost desisions, CLOSE DECISIONS, to Suga and Machida
well if we define that as the start of his Prime run he won 4 fights and lost 7, which does not make for a great prime run.

well if we define that as the start of his Prime run he won 4 fights and lost 7, which does not make for a great prime run.
what about the StrikeForce title when He KO'd, Feijo, babalu and Fedor in a row, your ignorance is astounding! an all that as at the age of 41,

what about the StrikeForce title when He KO'd, Feijo, babalu and Fedor in a row, your ignorance is astounding! an all that as at the age of 41,
WTF are you talking about? Are you stupid?

I am fully aware of those fights. The poster I replied to suggested his Prime started with Shogun and the return to the UFC. Are you so stupid and ignorant that you think those fights took place after Shogun and the UFC?

I suggested prior to that that HBomb Dan started maybe with the Bisping fight which included those.

Be smarter.

I always thought MW Hendo wasn't nearly as good as LHW Hendo, and the weight cut obviously had a negative effect on him. I'd take Weidman.

WTF are you talking about? Are you stupid?

I am fully aware of those fights. The poster I replied to suggested his Prime started with Shogun and the return to the UFC. Are you so stupid and ignorant that you think those fights took place after Shogun and the UFC?

I suggested prior to that that HBomb Dan started maybe with the Bisping fight which included those.

Be smarter.
LOL, no. cause he lost the very next fight to Shields, he THEN made a full time move to 205 and went on a TEAR, with Fedor being at HW, and those split decision losses to Machida and Suga really hurt his cause, I still contest that was his Peak and absolute BEST

LOL, no. cause he lost the very next fight to Shields, he THEN made a full time move to 205 and went on a TEAR, with Fedor being at HW, and those split decision losses to Machida and Suga really hurt his cause, I still contest that was his Peak and absolute BEST
Ok. Well prior you listed the start of his prime as around the Bisping fight, his return to the UFC where he was 4 wins and 7 losses. Not a great Prime run but,yes some exciting KO wins.

Now you are moving it to after his Shield loss, so 7 wins and 7 losses and a little more balanced but still not considered typically as a great prime run for top guys.

Weidman would take him down and hold him there for the first round and a bit, but then he would start slowing down and Hendo would find his chin

Back