Prime Lyoto Machida vs Prime Anderson Silva

Your one of the biggest Anderson haters on this forum, your opinions don't mean anything. Just stop it, Shogun was getting subbed by Forrest and his shit rocked by Hendo when Andy was dominating. Silva said he wouldn't fight Shogun out of respect for Lyoto, he was never ducking him.

Actually you’ll find that he said he and Shogun were friends as a reason why he wouldn’t fight then. Shogun denied this then Anderson came out and said if Shogun wants the fight he will have to cut to MW despite Anderson already having fights at LHW.

You nuthuggers love to deny this

Machida was willing to do it. Anderson was not, just like he didnt have the courage to face ANY elite LHW.

And dont bring up the fight against DC where he had absolutely nothing to lose at that point

Every single time an elite LHW that wasnt his best possible matchup stylistically offered to fight Anderson at LHW, Anderson dodged the FUCK out of it. Yet he has the nerve to constantly talk shit about GSP. Guess all the steroids eroded his moral character.
Forest Griffin had just lost his belt to Rashad in his fight before Silva. Did Anderson hand pick his fights at 205? Yes. Did he ever duck any one at 185? No.
Silva didn't need to even take fights a 205. He was testing himself against somewhat bigger fighters at 205. Even if he did handpick fighters who would stand with him and were less technical.<mma4>. I've heard a lot of Anderson Silva hate but I haven't heard anyone say he lacks courage. He just took a fight 44 and we saw how that played out he may have too much pride/courage/will to compete for his own good.

anderson-silva-left-and-forrest-griffin-face-off-during-the-ufc-101-HAK504.jpg

Forest Griffin had just lost his belt to Rashad in his fight before Silva. Did Anderson hand pick his fights at 205? Yes. Did he ever duck any one at 185? No.
Silva didn't need to even take fights a 205. He was testing himself against somewhat bigger fighters at 205. Even if he did handpick fighters who would stand with him and were less technical.<mma4>. I've heard a lot of Anderson Silva hate but I haven't heard anyone say he lacks courage. He just took a fight 44 and we saw how that played out he may have too much pride/courage/will to compete for his own good.

anderson-silva-left-and-forrest-griffin-face-off-during-the-ufc-101-HAK504.jpg
Man you completely missed the point.

So, the point was.....Anderson was MORE THAN HAPPY to take easy fights at LHW, but time and time again wouldnt dare fight elite guys or bad matchups at LHW. He would flat out refuse regardless of title shots or money.

Yet, he was MORE THAN HAPPY to constantly talk shit about GSP and question his courage for not going up and fighting him.

He mocked GSP for doing the same exact thing he was doing for years. While only one of them was taking special help too.

Hes a hypocrite

I wouldnt care or say anything about the man if he just stayed in his lane. But when he mocks another fighter much smaller than him for doing the same shit he blatantly does...that's pretty pathetic.

Man you completely missed the point.

So, the point was.....Anderson was MORE THAN HAPPY to take easy fights at LHW, but time and time again wouldnt dare fight elite guys or bad matchups at LHW. He would flat out refuse regardless of title shots or money.

Yet, he was MORE THAN HAPPY to constantly talk shit about GSP and question his courage for not going up and fighting him.

He mocked GSP for doing the same exact thing he was doing for years. While only one of them was taking special help too.

Hes a hypocrite
Another fighter looking out for his own self interest. He is also a troll with the whole nice guy act. Still a fan of his performances in the ring/octagon. I'm a fan of GSP too and even though he is the one of GOAT's now if not the GOAT. At the time everyone I knew were Hughe's fans and I caught flack for rooting for GSP and David Loiseau simply because they were Canadian.

Actually have never heard this fight discussed much, probably cause prime Machida was a lhw. How do you see this fight going?

Machida by being faster and better td

Actually you’ll find that he said he and Shogun were friends as a reason why he wouldn’t fight then. Shogun denied this then Anderson came out and said if Shogun wants the fight he will have to cut to MW despite Anderson already having fights at LHW.

You nuthuggers love to deny this
Hey, fair play man. My question is, if this wasn't while Shogun was lhw champ, why should Silva (then-mw champ and the established draw) have conceded to Rua's terms?

Last edited:
Hey, fair play man. My question is, if this wasn't while Shogun was lhw champ, why should Silva (mw champ and the established draw) have conceded to Rua's terms?

It was when Shogun was LHW champion

Another fighter looking out for his own self interest. He is also a troll with the whole nice guy act. Still a fan of his performances in the ring/octagon. I'm a fan of GSP too and even though he is the one of GOAT's now if not the GOAT. At the time everyone I knew were Hughe's fans and I caught flack for rooting for GSP and David Loiseau simply because they were Canadian.
In the case of both, why would they have moved above their optimum weight and risked discrediting their respective titles in the event they lost? Would've tarnished legacy and drawing power. Who cares about what either said about fighting each other. It's obviously all just posturing anyway.

Last edited:
How is this a serious question? Machida was champion for one fight. Anderson is an all-time great.

Back