Prime Lyoto Machida vs Prime Anderson Silva

Would be a horrible fight since both are counter strikers mostly and friends. skillwise Anderson would kill him if both fought to actually hurt each other

Silva is terrible if he can't counterpunch. Machida wins and makes it look easy imo.

Hard to say... Maybe Spider, but I always heard that Lyoto had come off best in every training between both. Just rumours, but...

In training means what? Machida certainly didn't get the better out of Silva in boxing.

Silva sparred at the Wild Card gym all the time and impressed Freddie Roach... Not an easy thing to do, you need skills for that.

Machida. More complete fighter

Anderson made excuses not to fight him

Machida was willing to do it. Anderson was not, just like he didnt have the courage to face ANY elite LHW.

And dont bring up the fight against DC where he had absolutely nothing to lose at that point

Every single time an elite LHW that wasnt his best possible matchup stylistically offered to fight Anderson at LHW, Anderson dodged the FUCK out of it. Yet he has the nerve to constantly talk shit about GSP. Guess all the steroids eroded his moral character.

This is the truth

Also @FireKidWS this fight has been talked about here for years when these fighters were half decent.

Now not so much...

Machida’s one of my favorite fighters but even Machida’s dad said somewhere that Anderson’s the more natural fighter.

Also Shogun beat Machida.

Machida’s one of my favorite fighters but even Machida’s dad said somewhere that Anderson’s the more natural fighter.

Also Shogun beat Machida.

Shogun would beat Anderson as well if Anderson didn’t duck him.

Being the natural fighter doesn’t mean anything

Anderson had a great jab which he doesn't get to use so often against orthodox fighters because of the way things lined up but he did use it very effectively against Okami, Franklin II and Leben, some of his best performances.

I guess that he'd get to Machida early with the jab offsetting his rhythm and softening him up before finishing off with a right hook or left hand.

Your one of the biggest Anderson haters on this forum, your opinions don't mean anything. Just stop it, Shogun was getting subbed by Forrest and his shit rocked by Hendo when Andy was dominating. Silva said he wouldn't fight Shogun out of respect for Lyoto, he was never ducking him.

Anderson previously trained with Shogun at Chutebox. And was actually training with Machida at Blackhouse for most of his UFC title reign. So yeah, I’ll believe Anderson when he says he wouldn’t fight them out of respect. Unless we want to say that DC was ducking Cain. Or Rockhold was ducking DC.

Not sure why I’m responding though, because you two say everyone ever would have beaten Anderson. Can’t even have a legitimate, insightful conversation about anything concerning the guy.
In my opinion, Anderson beats Shogun pretty comfortably. Anderson did better against their common opponents. And he was considered to be the best striker when they both fought from Chutebox by everyone training there at the time. If Shogun were to win, it would be due to size advantage.
Machida and Anderson could go either way. There were no rumors of Machida beating Anderson all the time in practice. There was an actual video of Machida getting the better of him once. But there’s no telling what happened prior to that. Or after. Anderson appeared to be injured to me.

Last edited:
Anderson loses to PRIDE Shogun but beats Machida imo

Pretty sure Anderson at one point said Machida has his number.

Would be a boring ass fight anyway.

I always thought prime Lyoto would win.. but thats just me. I am talking about the Machida that beat Evans etc btw.

Back