Prime Lyoto Machida vs Prime Anderson Silva

FireKidWS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Actually have never heard this fight discussed much, probably cause prime Machida was a lhw. How do you see this fight going?

Both counter strikers, so maybe not much going on at all, but I would give it to Silva.

They're great friends. It would be a sparring match with Silva winning a decision.

Both counter strikers, so maybe not much going on at all, but I would give it to Silva.
I think your post nails it! Both equal in some regards.

I'd take Anderson too if a gun was to me!

Hard to say... Maybe Spider, but I always heard that Lyoto had come off best in every training between both. Just rumours, but...

Silva by decision. I believe both would be very apathic with Lyoto unable to land his counter strikes due to Silva's godly head movement.

Machida would take Anderson down, too

Strikes followed by takedowns

I don’t think Anderson would connect very easily on an extremely evasive Machida

I’d take Machida by a split decision

Anderson by KO

Lyoto wouldn't be able to dance around him for 5 rounds

And Silva has trained with him so much that he's got his timing down and knows all his moves

Though I guess same can be said for Machida

Either Anderson KO or really boring decision that goes either way

Machida wins a decision

Actually have never heard this fight discussed much, probably cause prime Machida was a lhw. How do you see this fight going?
Honestly they have trained together so much they would probably know who would win that fight beforehand and is Anderson jumping up to 205 to fight Machida? Big fan of both but I think the reflexes of Prime Anderson would be the difference also it wouldn't be Anderson just trying to solve the Machida puzzle. Anderson is his own puzzle. Machida for all his creativity isn't Anderson Silva. But they would never fight and it's probably why Machida fought at 205 and still won a belt when his frame always was better suited for MW IMO.

Lyoto wins a boring point fight on the cards where there isnt a whole lot of significant offense either way

might even take him down a couple times with a trip or clinch TD

Hard to say... Maybe Spider, but I always heard that Lyoto had come off best in every training between both. Just rumours, but...
Source? I mean I can believe it Prime Anderson probably messed around in the Gym and I can see him being the guy who is being overly playful in the gym but under the bright lights Prime Andy was a murderer. His Legacy is so tainted now because of the PED's and the fact he is still fighting at 44 and losing. So tainted that people forget his accomplishments and that he was a once in a generation fighter. He's the Roy Jones Jr. of MMA he went out badly but go watch Prime Roy Jones Jr. matches when his insane reflexes were still there watching him fight contenders seemed almost unfair.

Source? I mean I can believe it Prime Anderson probably messed around in the Gym and I can see him being the guy who is being overly playful in the gym but under the bright lights Prime Andy was a murderer. His Legacy is so tainted now because of the PED's and the fact he is still fighting at 44 and losing. So tainted that people forget his accomplishments and that he was a once in a generation fighter. He's the Roy Jones Jr. of MMA he went out badly but go watch Prime Roy Jones Jr. matches when his insane reflexes were still there watching him fight contenders seemed almost unfair.
Pretty much. I remember thinking Henderson would prevent some trouble for him and Silva clowned him and tapped him.

Two counter strikers stinking it up like beast and ngannou in the ring.

Would be a boring fight imo.

Machida was willing to do it. Anderson was not, just like he didnt have the courage to face ANY elite LHW.

And dont bring up the fight against DC where he had absolutely nothing to lose at that point

Every single time an elite LHW that wasnt his best possible matchup stylistically offered to fight Anderson at LHW, Anderson dodged the FUCK out of it. Yet he has the nerve to constantly talk shit about GSP. Guess all the steroids eroded his moral character.

Classic question. Machida had the weight advantage and also sumo/grappling if necessary. He was best at 205 and I would favor him there. Maybe the spider at 185.

Machida's legs would look like post-Aldo Faber's if he fought Anderson

Back