Prime Karelin with MMA training?

Gregoire1

дезоксерибонулеиновая кислота
@purple
Reaction score
With some MMA training (saying 1-2 years) could he ragdoll Cain,DC,Jones and other greatest MMA wrestlers and could he bacome the GOAT? Or his Greco wouldnt translate 100% to MMA and he would lose wrestling battles with top competition and overall fights in octagon?

He would be a holy terror.

That would be a very scary individual. I would have loved to see him at UFC 1.

6'3, 282lbs ... build like a f*cking rock.

good head start tbh

Im sure hed do quite well. He would not lose any wrestling battles hes recognized as one of the greatest wrestlers of all time, shooting in on him would feel like hitting a brick wall, and the clinch would be even worse

It's been so long i cna't remember if his match with Maeda was real or a shoot.

Probably somewhere in between Mark Kerr and Brock. Brock cant strike at all but has a shot on any given night to dominate if he can get the fight to the ground. Roided to the gills of course. Prime Karelin probably would have ZERO striking like Mark Kerr but if he had a good chin like Brock he could survive long enough to get it to the ground maybe. idk, I dont think hw wrestlers are any good without striking, Brock is the lone exception and Rosholt I guess.

Karelin had all sorts of potential! But I think Cael Sanderson might have had even more potential for success as far as badass wrestlers who never transitioned to MMA. 159–0, 4 NCAA titles, 3 Dan Hodge Trophy awards, 4-time NCAA Outstanding Wrestler, Olympic Gold. I know Karelin had an even more impressive resume, but anything can happen in HW fight, just takes one flush punch and Karelin or any HW for that matter could fall.

Karelin would have wrecked everyone.

karelin-slam-o.gif

I'm gong to be "that guy". There is an entire section of the forum dedicated to this conversation, and many like it. The Wasteland.
There is a lot of interesteing topics in there, but this has been done to death.

Yes, if he was 30 years younger, he could be a beast.

Karelin had all sorts of potential! But I think Cael Sanderson might have had even more potential for success as far as badass wrestlers who never transitioned to MMA. 159–0, 4 NCAA titles, 3 Dan Hodge Trophy awards, 4-time NCAA Outstanding Wrestler, Olympic Gold. I know Karelin had an even more impressive resume, but anything can happen in HW fight, just takes one flush punch and Karelin or any HW for that matter could fall.
As great as Cael's resume is...Karelin went undefeated for 13 years in international competition, unscored on for 6 years, with 3 gold medals and 9 world championships.

As great as Cael's resume is...Karelin went undefeated for 13 years in international competition, unscored on for 6 years, with 3 gold medals and 9 world championships.

Yep. Like I said Karelin has a better resume, but at HW it's too volatile and deficient striking skills have greater consequence.

Yoel Romero went 2-1 against Sanderson at the international level.

I'm glad some wrestling phenoms cross over.

Imagine a Grizzly bear ripping a bag of Doritos open. That´s MMA Karelin vs anyone.

With some MMA training (saying 1-2 years) could he ragdoll Cain,DC,Jones and other greatest MMA wrestlers and could he bacome the GOAT? Or his Greco wouldnt translate 100% to MMA and he would lose wrestling battles with top competition and overall fights in octagon?

And what about half a gorilla half a bear, with some MMA training (saying 1-2 years), a bit of kick-boxing background and some undetectable steroids ? Could he ragdol an entire division ?

Oh and since we're fantasizing, if spiderman really existed, what would be his division and would he ragdol it ? Would he need some MMA training (saying 1-2 years) ?

Back