Prime Karelin vs top HW with MMA rules

I don't know, I'lll probably get some heat from this but I've watched that one mma fight where he is against that japanese pro wrestler / catch guy.

As amazing of an athlete he was, I don't think his greco transfers that well to mma, solid competent grapplers would give him fits, he would be a monster in the clinch though..but how would he deal with good strikers with good take down defense ? How good and quick could he shoot in, whilst setting up his takedowns ? There's been countless of high end wrestlers that attempted mma in pride and retired, maybe not Karelins level but very elite for sure.

You have to develop a basic fluidity in your striking stance before you can have a transition to mma. It's so easy to predict or counter a guy , no matter how elite when he is hunched over in a wrestling stance.

Joe Silva tried to sign him.

155702970_c5955e206a.jpg

He was the best in the world haha. What the fuck are you talking about. He is the greatest wrestler of all time.

Can't stand delusional fools like yourself. Get a grip.

100% agree..

He lost ONE match in ages and a controversial one at that, which was in the final to potentially win a 4TH OLYMPIC GOLD ...

nuff said

He would ragdoll every single UFC HW ever like a baby.

[YT]DgD3YMKAzNw[/YT]

I know it's not his prime but he doesn't look like he wouldn't get KO'ed standing by some good striker. Seems very very out of his comfort zone.

stupid question. bruce lee loses to urijah faber. karlin loses to shinya aoki.

Given his work ethic and insane genetics, The Archangel Karelin with some MMA training in his prime is a scary thought.

given the way sherdoggers think a 125 pounder who knows bjj would crush a 260 pound nfl athlete, karelin would probably lose to palhares

How would do prime Aleksander Karelin (Maeda fight) with UFC rules with top HW and LHW:

Cain
Werdum
Fedor
Overeem
DC
Jones
Miocic
Rothwell
Arlovski
Barnett
JDS

Karelin is one of the baddest genetic freaks ever.

Seriously, they don't even make em like Karelin today. Guys that are 6.4 300lbs are not supposed to be athletic BUT Karelin was.

Plus he had boxing and sambo experience.

For a taste of how good Karelin "could" of been just take a look at another genetic stud in Brock, then consider that Brock was not the technical marvel that Karelin was.

Here is the scoop, if Karelin had a good jaw and could develop decent stand up whereby he could hold his own he could of been possibly the best ever. His stand up wouldn't have to be top notched, as long as he could defend top notched stand up he would be very hard to beat.

wasn't karelin suspected of using some enhancers? i've said a million times i think PEDs should be allowed, just regulated, and it doesn't take away from karelin's accomplishments and abilities... but everyone was using during that time

wasn't karelin suspected of using some enhancers? i've said a million times i think PEDs should be allowed, just regulated, and it doesn't take away from karelin's accomplishments and abilities... but everyone was using during that time

No moron, he was never suspected of using and never failed a test. Why bring it up if you're not sure?

well its speculation dude,,,

thus how Karelin "could of" done is what the thread asks.

If Karelin has a shaky chin and no reflexes for stand up then he "couldn't of"

Don't make useless points just because they let you.

given the way sherdoggers think a 125 pounder who knows bjj would crush a 260 pound nfl athlete, karelin would probably lose to palhares

Your right, knowing how to fight is of no use at all....

what is so unusual about Karelin is his length for his power

having that power in a long tall frame is a advantage from far more positions of leverage and balance.

In all positions of clinching and grappling.

JJ has that same advantage other than he is way leaner.

Karelin did things on the mat that still haven't been repeated.

He went against the best the US and the world had to offer him and for years he thrashed everyone he faced.

Back