Prime Karelin vs top HW with MMA rules

Gregoire1

дезоксерибонулеиновая кислота
@purple
Reaction score
How would do prime Aleksander Karelin (Maeda fight) with UFC rules with top HW and LHW:

Cain
Werdum
Fedor
Overeem
DC
Jones
Miocic
Rothwell
Arlovski
Barnett
JDS

I think he would do pretty well against most of them, Hower i think:

DC would beat him pretty handily by striking.

Fedor by armbar.

Werdum by some submission, probably.

Jardine would wreck him
1157.gif

tim-williams-mma.jpg

Last edited:
Who knows. What i would like to see is Helio Gracie grappling with Kyuzo Mifune, too bad i never will.

Isn't he a black belt in sambo too?
I think I read somewhere he was that.

I take Karelin by what ever he wants against all of them.
Because Karelin.

In his prime, he was the scariest human being on Earth and beats anyone, so long as he has a camp to learn some basic submission and striking defense. If Jon Jones took DC down repeatedly, you can bet Karelin would run a clinic on him.

I think he would do pretty well against most of them, Hower i think:

DC would beat him pretty handily by striking.

Fedor by armbar.

Werdum by some submission, probably.

1157.gif

so DC is gona outstrike karelin off his back?? lmao karelin would ragdoll DC easy...you saw what skinny junior college wrestler did to DC...

Karelin was a beast for sure , the kind of one in a billion athlete like Jonah Lomu..

He certainly would outwrestle any of them

Does he have the chin ? The 'killer instinct' ( cf Rulon Gardner ) for this ?? How would he fare against a refined BJJ artist on the mat ???
Also how would he react if he got tagged??

He certainly would have been a beast under NHB rules though but against well rounded competition who knows ?
He is 6'4 300 lean though and would ragdoll most of the fighters especially the wrestling based ones

By the way he was in my opinion "past his prime" in the Maeda " fight " ( work ) ...
What I'd like to see is a Karelin from 5 years before ( circa 1993-1997 around 26-29 of age ) :D

Last edited:
I wouldn't want to fight Karelin, no matter who I was

He was a sambo champion and olympic champion wrestler and he was 2nd best in the world under a certain american

Karelin is the greatest athlete in mankind's history.

Karelin would grapplefuck all.

Just wondering how intense was juicing in the soviet era...

Rampage was unable to slam his opponents once the wrestling pedigree increased and they became aware of what he was trying to do. The absolute best wrestlers in the world knew that Karelin was gonna try and pick them up and slam them and they still could do nothing about it. Imagine what he would do to mma fighters.

His structure makes me believe he could take some punches. I think he would have been the best in the world at mma. He would have rag dolled guys like Cain and DC, whom out wrestle all of their opponents.

Perhaps a fedor blitz could have stopped him.

He was a sambo champion and olympic champion wrestler and he was 2nd best in the world under a certain american

He was the best in the world haha. What the fuck are you talking about. He is the greatest wrestler of all time.

Can't stand delusional fools like yourself. Get a grip.

He would've manhandled everyone. Try keeping it standing against that beast. Clinch, suplex, wrestle-rape/gnp, rinse and repeat

Back