News Prime JDS vs Current JDS

Prime JDS RIP im confident prime JDS and CAIN would still be ruling the division if it werent for mileage and age

Prime Cain destroys everybody. The dude was just a savage. Look at what he did to prime JDS. Look at how he destroyed prime Big Foot like if it was nothing. Look at that vicious KO of Big Nog. That perfect, clean, lightning fast combo.

Prime JDS had no reason to fear anything. Current JDS knows what the recovery from the wars he’s had is like. He throws with the idea of getting away rather than trying to take the other person’s soul. He still has a good chin but he has some serious PTSD from the effects the cain/stipe wars had.

Current JDS comes out tentative, he feints a double jab and goes in for the clinch at his first opportunity. He yells into Prime JDS's ear to buy Bitcoin in 2012 as it'll 100x in value in the next few years, but Prime JDS doesn't understand.

He pushes out of the clinch, throws a right hook and KOs Current JDS.

Prime JDS had no reason to fear anything. Current JDS knows what the recovery from the wars he’s had is like. He throws with the idea of getting away rather than trying to take the other person’s soul. He still has a good chin but he has some serious PTSD from the effects the cain/stipe wars had.

I've never heard it called PTSD, but that's a pretty good description of what many fighters have after enough wars and KOs. JDS, Overeem, Koscheck, Jake Ellenberger, etc. They fight scared like they don't want to get KO'd, which ironically makes them easier to KO.

Young prime JDS would totally destroy Blaydes.
Look at him vs Carwin, you can see his expression is "I'm going to destroy you."
JDS lost his confidence just like how his lost his hairs too. USADA and aging took a big toll on JDS.
I remember him saying he could beat Wladimir Klitschko in boxing lol.

040juniordossantosandshanecarwin.1327558567.jpg

Now a day his confidence is gone. JDS look like "Shit, I might get finish off by TKO? He (Bladyes) look scary."
blaydes-jds-ufc.jpg

Carwin was no slouch either and JDS damned near killed him:

carwin.jpg

5735944-0-4.jpg

mma_carwin_dossantos2x_576.jpg

They somehow both get backed up to the cage and get ko'd.

Garbage--total revisionist history. He was the first fighter to 1-punch KO Werdum...and Werdum didn't get finished again until years later. The same Werdum fought prime versions of Sergei, Arlovski, Fedor, Overem (twice) and many other hard hitters...and no one did what JDS did. JDS beat everyone they put in front of him until the Cain rematch--wrestlers, BJJ guys and "K-1" strikers like Cro-Cop.
I agree with all of this, except you cant really say that was prime Fedor. He had already slowed down a good deal. I mean, his previous fight was with a guy that changed tires at Walmart and after that, lost to Bigfoot and Hendo. He was out of his prime before this fight.

JDS hasn't been the same since Cain finished him. After that fight, all the talk was about how JDS would never be the same again. He wasn't. Even then, he went on to beat a Prime Stipe, Rothwell, Ivanov, Tuivasa and Lewis.

If you have to say “Prime” before their name for the argument... then just stop

if you’re thinking of making a thread where a broken version of someone is facing the prime version of themselves, then you need to stop huffing paint.

I agree with all of this, except you cant really say that was prime Fedor. He had already slowed down a good deal. I mean, his previous fight was with a guy that changed tires at Walmart and after that, lost to Bigfoot and Hendo. He was out of his prime before this fight.
Stop. Fedor was fine until he lost, then he magically wasn’t the same...

Literally in the buildup to the Werdum fight, his annoying as fuck fanboys were on here bragging about how good he was and how he cannot be beaten and “Werdum couldn’t sub him if he tried” rained all over threads...

then he lost and he magically wasn’t the same.
I don’t mind Fedor but his fanboys are fucking lame.

Literally in the buildup to the Werdum fight, his annoying as fuck fanboys were on here bragging about how good he was and how he cannot be beaten and “Werdum couldn’t sub him if he tried” rained all over threads...

who cares about fanboys. Fedor was already declining by the arlovski fight, which his own trainers admitted in the postfight interview

I agree. Not a Fedor fan, but I give him the respect he deserves. I remember being at the beach on vacation watching Fedor have trouble getting rid of Rogers and his punches looked so much slower. Of course the commentators were amazed by what Fedor was throwing, but it was quite clear this was not the same Fedor that fought Cro Cop.

I've never heard it called PTSD, but that's a pretty good description of what many fighters have after enough wars and KOs. JDS, Overeem, Koscheck, Jake Ellenberger, etc. They fight scared like they don't want to get KO'd, which ironically makes them easier to KO.

I’m really just using ptsd because it’s easy to call it that. Similar to when athletes tear an ACL it’s the mental part they say is the hardest. I could imagine once they get cracked in a fight they’re probably just remembering all the crap after the last.

JDS isn’t getting clean KOd either so it’s the repeated hits that’d be getting him.

Outside of Cain and maybe Cormier, prime JDS beats any HW in history. He would torch Stipe, Fedor, and even Ngannou.

lol.

JDS was good but extremely one dimensional.

Garbage--total revisionist history. He was the first fighter to 1-punch KO Werdum...and Werdum didn't get finished again until years later. The same Werdum fought prime versions of Sergei, Arlovski, Fedor, Overem (twice) and many other hard hitters...and no one did what JDS did. JDS beat everyone they put in front of him until the Cain rematch--wrestlers, BJJ guys and "K-1" strikers like Cro-Cop.

Werdum literally ducked into that uppercut.

He also ran right into Stipe's fist.

Werdum has always had sloppy standup.

Pretty funny to see a poster who always talks about older fighters being overrated due to nostalgia, and yet here you are. Doesn't count when its a UFC guy eh :)

You mean very old and compromised K1 mirko. First real strikers JDS fought were Reem Stipe and Francis. He got knocked out in 3 of those. Knocked out early and made to look like an amateur striker.

sherdog has a tendency of saying every recently defeated was never really a good fighter. there should be no denying JDS at his physical peak was a very talented and dangerous fighter an all time top 10 HW. But Not top 3 as you are saying!

Or jds was not that good ever which is the real case. He was better than now of cours . But that era of hws was way over rated including cain. Jds was always just a puncher. He got some wins in a weak division but still was never a great fighter.
Nonsense. You will find less than 1 percent of sherdog would agree with you

JDS hasn't been the same since Cain finished him. After that fight, all the talk was about how JDS would never be the same again. He wasn't. Even then, he went on to beat a Prime Stipe, Rothwell, Ivanov, Tuivasa and Lewis.

I think actually at the time it was moreso that Cain showed the world what JDS's weaknesses were, after that fight almost everyone looked to press him into the cage rather than showing him respect and giving him the space he liked as they had post Werdum KO.

He seemed to loose some confidence but I suspect actual physical decline the beatings were more a delayed effect, the same way for example Nog didn't dropoff right away after the punishment he took from Fedor/Sapp/Mirko but rather in his early 30's instead. I think the way JDS went down in the 2nd Stipe fight especially was the first sign his chin was clearly on the decline, he's clearly a lot slower now as well.

It is rather amusing in retrospect to consider how much shit was talked at the ex Pride HW's not staying into their primes in their late 30's and then the UFC sucessors to them in JDS and Cain arguably dropped off even faster with fewer fights.

Last edited:
Back