Prime HW GOAT, imo not Stipe.

Fedor in his prime was a much better striker than Stipe "Block Punches With My Face" Miocic.

Just stop lmao, Stipe was literally a national Golden Gloves quarter finalist. He could've probably turned pro at boxing and reach a top 100 ranking. He doesn't use his head movement as much when there's the threat of kicks and takedowns, but against Ngannou he showed he has by far the best head movement at HW. Fedor had no head movement ever, he would just back up to evade punches. Also Stipe is one of the only HW fighters that also effectively makes use of bodyshots.

He would be by far the most well rounded fighter Fedor has ever faced and would have both the height and reach advantage if their prime versions would fight each other.

You rank Werdum over Cain? I know he beat him but Cain would wreck people.
Cain's entirety of his championship run was fought against two people: JDS and Bigfoot. His 3rd opponent in a title fight destroyed him in Mexico City.

Hes super fast for his size, explosive as fuck, with unreal KO power in both hands and Wilder never seems to lose his power or speed through 12 rounds.

+ good looking guy.

He is the whole package.

Guys like Tyson etc. were athletic, but ugly and mental midgets.

Wilder and Joshua = new breed of HW

He throws his right hand hard and fast, but all he does is get punched and throw it over and over again, hes not athletic at all other than that he looks it, he has a 6 pack, hes a really tall CW so that's to be expected.

How would you say that guy was athletic over a wrestler? standing in range throwing the same punch until it connects.

Do you honestly think hes a more gifted boxer than Fury? hes not even a more gifted boxer than Joshua, hes just powerful, hes embarrassing to watch in technique.

Cain's entirety of his championship run was fought against two people: JDS and Bigfoot. His 3rd opponent in a title fight destroyed him in Mexico City.

IMO that was a upset though, we all expected Cain to run over Werdum, Werdum's iq on the ground is scary, but his IQ standing is laughable.

Running around with his chin in the air.

You could see Cain was gassed in that fight also, and he never gets gassed.

Just stop lmao, Stipe was literally a national Golden Gloves quarter finalist. He could've probably turned pro at boxing and reach a top 100 ranking. He doesn't use his head movement as much when there's the threat of kicks and takedowns, but against Ngannou he showed he has by far the best head movement at HW. Fedor had no head movement ever, he would just back up to evade punches. Also Stipe is one of the only HW fighters that also effectively makes use of bodyshots.

He would be by far the most well rounded fighter Fedor has ever faced and would have both the height and reach advantage if their prime versions would fight each other.

Lol @ Stipe being a top boxer. Fedor was the least hit fighter from 2003 to 2010. Stipe gets hit more than Tina Turner did in the 60's.

Fedor was faster, better skills, better grappler, better kicker, better at subs, better at gameplanning, higher fight iq, able to get out of bad spots, etc...

When Stipe gave JDS a hard time in the first fight, I thought he did a good Cain impression.

Cain and Stipe were/are both chinny, Cain is just more relentless.

I wouldn't say either are chinny. Cain just got hit a ton to the point several fighters dropped or KO'd him. He had much worse defense than Stipe. He would've been unlikely to take Stipe down and would've gotten boxed up.

Cain's style was a nightmarish matchup against JDS, who feared the takedowns and would back up against the cage with his hands low to defend the shot. This allowed Cain to mix takedown attempts with punches and tee off on a JDS with his hands down or easily get him into the clinch. Against a fighter who isn't afraid of his takedowns and has the boxing to punish him it would be a different story.

No one actually believes any version of Stipe would beat prime Fedor/Cain

IMO that was a upset though, we all expected Cain to run over Werdum, Werdum's iq on the ground is scary, but his IQ standing is laughable.

Running around with his chin in the air.

You could see Cain was gassed in that fight also, and he never gets gassed.

Cain gassed because he was taking damage. He had been caught with single punches before but this was really the first fight where he got punished for several rounds. His face was made a bloody mess in the first round.

View media item 28327
I know the fight was in Mexico, but how do you explain him taking this much damage in one round? Did he gas walking to the cage?

The difference between this and his other fights is that he was scared to take it to the ground and therefore became very one dimensional and extremely hittable. This was the first fight where he couldn't control the pace or where the fight took place.

Stipe is the UFC HW Goat, Fedor is just the overall MMA Goat.

As time goes on, Cains resume gets weaker. His peers keep on fighting while he's retired doesn't look good in these GOAT talks either.

People always say 'Stipe is the HW GOAT' 'Stipe is better than Cain' 'Stipe is better than Fedor' etc etc… which is possibly true if they were to fight right now, I mean Stipe would be the favourite against either but could lose either fight also.

But I think this GOAT Stipe people speak of would have got smashed by either of them in their primes, the Cain that was smashing everyone would have made short work of him imo, and there is really nothing Stipe has done to prove otherwise.

Stipe is a top HW, but I don't think hes better than Cormier or these guys.

Who do you rank the true HW GOAT? ignoring the parts where they declined through age or injurys?

I rank them like this.

1. Fedor
2. Cain Velasquez
3. Daniel Cormier
4. Stipe Miocic
5. Could be a lot of diff guys with arguments for each, former champs like Randy, Sylvia, Brock, Carwin, Mir, JDS, BIg Nog, Werdum, guys who have consistently won like Overeem, Kharitonov, Barnett, Arlovski, Ngannou, but no clear guy near the 4th spot.

Pretty bang on, in fact I think Miocic is ranked a little high. I dont think there is a top though. Other than Fedor, Cain, and Cormier there isnt anyone that had any type of prolonged run as the guy. They kept winning the strap and then giving it away. The order is right, Fedor fought and defended the belt against strong competition, Cormier was very good up to the last few years, and Cain had trouble keeping the belt. All these guys started losing near the end. I am sure if Cormier keeps getting involved he will start losing regularly like Fedor has. There is an end date to being the best.

People always say 'Stipe is the HW GOAT' 'Stipe is better than Cain' 'Stipe is better than Fedor' etc etc… which is possibly true if they were to fight right now, I mean Stipe would be the favourite against either but could lose either fight also.

But I think this GOAT Stipe people speak of would have got smashed by either of them in their primes, the Cain that was smashing everyone would have made short work of him imo, and there is really nothing Stipe has done to prove otherwise.

Stipe is a top HW, but I don't think hes better than Cormier or these guys.

Who do you rank the true HW GOAT? ignoring the parts where they declined through age or injurys?

I rank them like this.

1. Fedor
2. Cain Velasquez
3. Daniel Cormier
4. Stipe Miocic
5. Could be a lot of diff guys with arguments for each, former champs like Randy, Sylvia, Brock, Carwin, Mir, JDS, BIg Nog, Werdum, guys who have consistently won like Overeem, Kharitonov, Barnett, Arlovski, Ngannou, but no clear guy near the 4th spot.
I do not see how Cain beats stipe. Cormier isn’t on his level either.

obviously I believe stipe beats fedor as well but these are all fantasies

Cain is the most overrated HW ever

Fedor is GOAT
Stipe UFC GOAT

Next 2

Werdum
Big Nog

WTF? have you seen him box? he just loses until he lands a hard punch, gift wise hes not even top 10, power wise hes +10 everyone else

Yeah but so far he's been able to land that big punch in pretty much every fight.

He should have lost against Fury though.

Fury's right.... he never will win a decision in the U.S. against Wilder.

Back