Prime HW GOAT, imo not Stipe.

BoTyson

You will not shrink me gypsy, I have your tears
@purple
Reaction score
People always say 'Stipe is the HW GOAT' 'Stipe is better than Cain' 'Stipe is better than Fedor' etc etc… which is possibly true if they were to fight right now, I mean Stipe would be the favourite against either but could lose either fight also.

But I think this GOAT Stipe people speak of would have got smashed by either of them in their primes, the Cain that was smashing everyone would have made short work of him imo, and there is really nothing Stipe has done to prove otherwise.

Stipe is a top HW, but I don't think hes better than Cormier or these guys.

Who do you rank the true HW GOAT? ignoring the parts where they declined through age or injurys?

I rank them like this.

1. Fedor
2. Cain Velasquez
3. Daniel Cormier
4. Stipe Miocic
5. Could be a lot of diff guys with arguments for each, former champs like Randy, Sylvia, Brock, Carwin, Mir, JDS, BIg Nog, Werdum, guys who have consistently won like Overeem, Kharitonov, Barnett, Arlovski, Ngannou, but no clear guy near the 4th spot.

Last edited:
People always say 'Stipe is better than Cain' 'Stipe is better than Fedor' etc etc… which is possibly true if they were to fight right now, I mean Stipe would be the favourite against either but could lose either fight also.

But I think this GOAT Stipe people speak of would have got smashed by either of them in their primes, the Cain that was smashing everyone would have made short work of him imo, and there is really nothing Stipe has done to prove otherwise.

Who do you rank the true HW GOAT? ignoring the parts where they declined through age or injurys?

I rank them like this.

1. Fedor
2. Cain Velasquez
3. Daniel Cormier
4. Stipe Miocic
5. could be a lot of diff guys with arguments for each, former champs like Randy, Sylvia, Brock, Carwin, Mir, guys who have consistently won like Overeem, Kharitonov, Barnett, Arlovski, Ngannou, but no clear guy near the 4th spot.
JDS deserves a mention. Look at his resume, he had a great streak during his prime and has had nothing but hard fights in the UFC. Cain on the other hand is overrated considering he was finished in all his losses and only had JDS as a top quality win.

JDS deserves a mention. Look at his resume, he had a great streak during his prime and has had nothing but hard fights in the UFC. Cain on the other hand is overrated considering he was finished in all his losses and only had JDS as a top quality win.

Yeah you are right there, totally slipped my mind, Big Nog also.

GOAT is resume. It's about longevity

Fedor
Werdum
Stipe

Cormier isn't top5

Stipe's boxing and wrestling background would've caused massive issues for Cain. Cain's flaw was always his poor striking defense. Back in the day I predicted that Stipe would be the one to dethrone Cain. Sad that fight never happened.

GOAT is resume. It's about longevity

Fedor
Werdum
Stipe

Cormier isn't top5

You rank Werdum over Cain? I know he beat him but Cain would wreck people.

Stipe's boxing and wrestling background would've caused massive issues for Cain. Back in the day I predicted that Stipe would be the one to dethrone Cain. Sad that fight never happened.

When Stipe gave JDS a hard time in the first fight, I thought he did a good Cain impression.

Cain and Stipe were/are both chinny, Cain is just more relentless.

People always say 'Stipe is the HW GOAT' 'Stipe is better than Cain' 'Stipe is better than Fedor' etc etc… which is possibly true if they were to fight right now, I mean Stipe would be the favourite against either but could lose either fight also.

I rank them like this.

1. Fedor
2. Cain Velasquez
3. Daniel Cormier
4. Stipe Miocic
5. Could be a lot of diff guys with arguments for each, former champs like Randy, Sylvia, Brock, Carwin, Mir, JDS, BIg Nog, Werdum, guys who have consistently won like Overeem, Kharitonov, Barnett, Arlovski, Ngannou, but no clear guy near the 4th spot.

No, TS, people don't say always this. As a matter of fact, few people consider Stipe the HW Goat.
Fedor has a bigger fan base, probably even DC has more fans than Stipe.
There were so many people here that wanted Stipe to get KOd by Ngannou, you believed Sherdog was Black fucking Panters.
You just needed some motivation to create another GOAT thread. Good for you!

No, TS, people don't say always this. As a matter of fact, few people consider Stipe the HW Goat.
Fedor has a bigger fan base, probably even DC has more fans than Stipe.
There were so many people here that wanted Stipe to get KOd by Ngannou, you believed Sherdog was Black fucking Panters.
You just needed some motivation to create another GOAT thread. Good for you!

Just read in the last thread that I read twice, snowflake.

Stipe is a better striker than Cain and Fedor and stuffs their TD's.

Fedor would kill Stipe, but with Wilders athlecism ... jesus ... he would trash Fedor.

Which is a retarded argument. Fedor with Alek's body would beat Stipe and DC back to back.

See? Dumb. Stipe isn't athletic like Wilder, so why even argue it?

Fedor would kill Stipe, but with Wilders athlecism ... jesus ... he would trash Fedor.

Wilder's only athletic bone is in his right arm, the rest of him is a match stick boxer wrapped up like a Ferrero roche.

You rank Werdum over Cain? I know he beat him but Cain would wreck people.

Cain's resume isn't long enough. He doesn't have the top ten wins that werdum does.

Cain may have had a higher peak but he doesn't have enough fights

Side note- I would bet on Cain beating more fighters than werdum, prime for prime, but that's something different

loool

Wilder is probably the most gifted HW boxer ever.

WTF? have you seen him box? he just loses until he lands a hard punch, gift wise hes not even top 10, power wise hes +10 everyone else

WTF? have you seen him box? he just loses until he lands a hard punch, gift wise hes not even top 10, power wise hes +10 everyone else

Hes super fast for his size, explosive as fuck, with unreal KO power in both hands and Wilder never seems to lose his power or speed through 12 rounds.

+ good looking guy.

He is the whole package.

Guys like Tyson etc. were athletic, but ugly and mental midgets.

Wilder and Joshua = new breed of HW

Back