Prime frank vs Ken?

Supposedly the two had a real fight in the gym without gloves and ken won it. In a cage i'd wager Frank. There's a reason the Brothers fight never happened in an org, Ken was afraid to lose to his little brother in front of a crowd.

Ken by Shoryuken . . .

latest

Sheng Long, (aka Bob Shamrock) would fu*k em both up!

prime ken shamrock took on owen hart in a cage and the hart family basement his little brother never would have had a chance

Supposedly the two had a real fight in the gym without gloves and ken won it. In a cage i'd wager Frank. There's a reason the Brothers fight never happened in an org, Ken was afraid to lose to his little brother in front of a crowd.

Ken was the only one who signed a contract to fight . Frank wouldn't

Ken was the big bro and destroyed him and his partners tk and smith .

Franks only chance is post 2002

Frank for sure. He was just so much better
He had better striking that's it

Cardio Ken
Wrestling Ken
Submission Ken
Experience Ken

In a fight franks striking wouldn't make a difference he he's took down and domainted

Frank arguably has more technical skills, but Ken might have the psychological advantage. You know, big brother used to beat him up on a regular basis.

Also in the documentary where Frank traveled to confront Ken, Ken started scolding and Frank started crying.

I'm guessing the story of them having a real fight in the gym could very well be true considering some of the stories that came out of that Lion's Den. The story of Ken beating the absolute shit out of Taktarov in a gym fight is fairly well known, where Oleg refused to come out of the bathroom for a long time because his face was so messed up. Then you had the stories in regards to how the Lion's Den used select who would compete in the next UFC event in those early days. They'd have two of their guys fight it out for a spot. e.g. Bohlander beating Petey Williams in a gym fight (by heel hook?) after a long battle between them. I think Bohlander and Williams were like best friends and roommates as well during the time as well.

Prime Frank was light years past Ken from a technical standpoint.

Ken has the weight advantage, but that's about it.

Also, Frank Shamrock by USADA

Both frank and ken were pretty jacked in the 90's. Ken is the naturally bigger man, but who's to say Frank wasn't on the same stuff?

I pick Ken by way of size advantage and superior wrestling. He also showed he can grapple for 30+ minutes straight. When Ken was young he was legit.

Also agree that post 2000, Frank wins that fight.

Frank was more complete but I think prime for prime Ken would beat him, his striking is good enough and he's got the power advantage and probably the grappling advantage as well.

I wish there was more money earlier in MMA, Ken was in the WWF for a few years of his prime.

I'll go Ken, I'm assuming he would have had a fair weight advantage.

Talk back in the day was that Frank was routinely beating Ken in the gym. I was always under the impression that Frank always wanted to improve and get better technical and Ken always felt he was the best and never tried to improve, just get stronger. Which also slowed him down.

Frank beat prime Ken ala 1996 ufc HW champ?

Frank was more complete but I think prime for prime Ken would beat him, his striking is good enough and he's got the power advantage and probably the grappling advantage as well.

I wish there was more money earlier in MMA, Ken was in the WWF for a few years of his prime.

Yeah, the UFC lost out on a lot of their big stars due in large part to the McCain-led cable ban in the late 90's. Ken, Severn, Tank, Coleman, etc., all found other avenues when the big PPV providers refused to show UFC events anymore. Some, like Coleman, took their MMA skills elsewhere since he was being offered more than 5 times the amount by Pride that the UFC was offering. Then some, like Ken & Tank, took the pro wrestling route.

Talk back in the day was that Frank was routinely beating Ken in the gym. I was always under the impression that Frank always wanted to improve and get better technical and Ken always felt he was the best and never tried to improve, just get stronger. Which also slowed him down.
You're right frank was ahead of time, always improving, reason is because of Ken

Ken trained with bjj guys, judo, wrestling, cacc, kickboxing

Back