Prime for prime I still think tony beats Khabib

Tony has a chance but it's not on the ground like everyone who thinks he can win thinks. his chance is trying to outpace Khabib. that's it. that's the only chance i see for him to win. and for that to happen he'll have to be able to do at least 1 of 2 things that i don't think he can do consistently: 1. stop Khabib's takedowns. 2. get up from under Khabib.

that's really his main problem. playing the bottom game vs Khabib is a death sentence. there will be no cutting him up from the bottom. watch how Khabib positions himself. he's never in a position to be elbowed from the bottom. he's always across the opponent's body in half guard or side mount or chest to chest with them while triangling their legs. Khabib has to be in guard for him to get elbowed and he will simply avoid it like he has for a lot of his career.

that is really the gist of it. Tony most likely wouldn't be able to consistently stop Khabib or get up from under him. he could however catch him coming in but that's even less likely seeing as Tony is not a counter fighter.

2014 Tony would have given khabib some real trouble, specifically the Tony from the Josh Thompson fight

My favorite part of 2014 Tony Ferguson is Danny Castillo's quote after losing a split decision to Tony Ferguson.

"If we were in jail, he would have been in trouble! ...Sorry mom."

Also, all forms of Tony would lose to Khabib. No TDD and his grappling was never enough.

Last edited:
Really wish people would stop answering this moron. I'd like to ask for the 15th straight year that idiots who create 27 threads a day need not do so, but hey, who knows. The boards are a modified / cloned vbulletin setup and all you have to do is set an amount of threads you can create in a day per category or usergroup.

The entire past week, I've avoided here. This shit brick is part of the reason because it's constantly allowed to create threads every fucking second of the day with a shit account that isn't here to debate or discuss at all.

Next step, he quotes me, tells me "mad bro?" and shits on someone who was probably watching before they were semen in their dad (or mom.... can't gender role these days) ball sack.

Last edited:
Don't forget that Tony won the close fight against RDA because he of the eyepoke.

Attachments

• 20210519_070206.jpg
    20210519_070206.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 0
I'm not hating your take, it's kind of why I wanted this fight. Both of their wins streaks played a role, but my whole thing is - you don't need a puncher's but a submission chance against Khabib. Doostin was the only guy to put Khabib into any kind of danger dude had to work to get out of, and at the time it seemed like Tony's zhoo zhits would've been a far greater threat. Meanwhile, Khabib is so pillow fisted and Tony so durable - I felt like, if Tony was gonna lose, it would've been by decision. But that's a lot of time for him to try and sneak something in.

But now, after having seen how easy it was to control Tony on the ground... I'm not sure any version of Tony would really do well. Khabib kept getting better, too. Any post-Khabonor version of Khabib would steamroll Tony for sure.

Tony would be quicker and that would allow him to defend the take downs

on the feet his striking and pressure >>>> khabibs

chin>>>> khabibs chin

on the mat tony would cut him up with elbows and maybe tap him

his cardio would allow him to do this for 5 rounds easy

Opinions?
shit trolling dude, its not even subtle

He certainly stood a chance, but don't expect Sherdog to agree, here you are only as good as your last fight

Not sure how anyone agrees with this after the last 3 fights. Tonys obviously not a great defensive wrestler. If youre getting taken down, controlled and mauled by Oliveira and Dariush then Khabib is a nightmare match up.

People laugh now but 2017 Tony vs 2017 Khabib would've been crazy. Tiramisu Khabib was not the final form Khabib, and that was Tonys chance.
Very reasonable take, though it would be hard for me to see Tony winning even back then.

You lost me at the four first words “Tony would be quicker”. I’m not even gonna comment on the rest.

prime tony got mounted and taken down by Kevin Lee, he never had anything for Khabib.

Yet Khabib didn’t lose nor lose rounds. You really don’t know about his career if you think he had yet to fight an opponent like Ferguson. Knowing history and who regional fighters are, helps if wanting to discuss truths. Opinion and reality are two vastly different things.
That's simply not true.
He lost 2 rounds in that fight and even got outwrestled. The vast majority also thought Tibau won.
But as I said, I am glad he wasn't given a loss.
And no, he never fought a guy like Ferg, simply because there isn't anyone like him.

Prime Tony was put into queer street badly by Lando Vannata...

Back