Prime for prime I still think tony beats Khabib

Khabib would not hesitate to remove his arm or leg unlike Charles and Beniel so no Tony would lose in ugly fashion!

it sure looked like Beniel took Tony’s knee home with him lol

TS is a notorious troll account lol.

Tony’s takedown defense isn’t good enough, he depends on wild scrambles, and neither is his sub game. Staph Lee mounted him with ease and got subbed only because everyone subs Lee.

His submission grappling is worse than Khabib’s. I’d say Khabib is probably better in almost every position and would sub Tony in a no time limit grappling match. Tony isn’t as fluid or powerful on the feet as Poirier, Conor or Gaethje, he’s an accumulation puncher that shines by baiting his opponents into brawls and has opportunistic tricky headlocks that he can land on hurt opponents, but he’d be on bottom being controlled for too long for him to be able to implement that game.

In the context of MMA top control and wrestling, Khabib is much better than Charles or Dariush.

In hindsight, Champ Charles vs Khabib is more compelling.

Last edited:
It's as if no one can accept that these people are human.

It's either ...
"His fundamentals were never really there so he'd always end up in trouble against someone solid, therefore he would never beat Khabib.....
or
"He has had a lot of injuries and would beat everyone we thought he would if he were a few years younger.... ACTUAL fights don't mean anything"

It's actually a combo of the two.

I think the fight with Khabib would've gone much like most of the others. But I won't take anything away from Tony's career... I just don't think he beats him even Prime for Prime

Tony in his prime got taken down by Lee and another journeyman if my recollection serves right

No one ever said Tonys path to beat Khabib is by stopping his takedowns.

Tony subbed Lee.
When has Ferguson ever submitted an opponent who wasn't tired already? Khabib, doesn't get tired and comparing Lee to Khabib is ignorant at best.

People laugh now but 2017 Tony vs 2017 Khabib would've been crazy. Tiramisu Khabib was not the final form Khabib, and that was Tonys chance.
Danny Castillo.. is no Khabib. Khabib had already beaten others similar to Ferguson, while Ferguson has yet to beat an opponent similar to what Khabib brings without struggling or having a very questionable Dec in the end?

Tony would be quicker and that would allow him to defend the take downs

on the feet his striking and pressure >>>> khabibs

chin>>>> khabibs chin

on the mat tony would cut him up with elbows and maybe tap him

his cardio would allow him to do this for 5 rounds easy

Opinions?
When has Ferguson ever beat a top 3, top 5 opponent?

Tony in his prime got taken down by Lee and another journeyman if my recollection serves right
Do you all really think Kevin Lee is a bad fighter? Because he's far from that. His wrestling is high level and he's very gifted. He just lacks in 2 very important areas and that's why he has never reached his full potential

Danny Castillo.. is no Khabib. Khabib had already beaten others similar to Ferguson, while Ferguson has yet to beat an opponent similar to what Khabib brings without struggling or having a very questionable Dec in the end?
That was a close fight which Tony deservingly won.
On the other hand, Khabib lost to Tibau who Tony cracked and finished. Thankfully they gave the w to the clean athlete
Tony has never faced anyone like Khabib actually, but neither did Khabib face anyone like Tony.
Both are very unique fighters and that's why the fight would've been good.

TS is a known GSP shill so he clearly has an agenda trying to make Khabib look bad and "unworthy" of fighting the Canadian. In reality, GSP decided the fight was too risky after witnessing Khabib mauling Gaethje.

That said, Tony would've gotten taken down and submitted

Tony always had poor TD defense, even in his prime. No, he is not over-rated, he had one of the most impressive win streaks in the history of the decision. But, Khabib is a terrible match-up for him. Khabibi beats Tony with relative ease. I would like to see Olivera and Khabib, that would be more interesting.

No. Khabib was a significant favorite every time they were supposed to fight and theres a reason for that. Tony was a great fighter but he could be touched in just about every fight. God bless him for his winning streak. By degrees another gsp thread by a gsp fan ( read between the lines " khabib "). Anderson would destroy gsp prime v prime. Gsp is one of the goats but not thee goat. I got 6-8 ahead of lay n pray boy.

chin>>>> khabibs chin

Opinions?
why didn't tony cut up charles or beniel or tap them?

and you really don't think tony's tdd holds up do you?

it's actually fine to think tony fell off his last 3 fights and not hold it against his peak too much. but i do think khabib is a bad matchup and tony's ground game has been a bit exposed these last couple of fights.

chin>>>> khabibs chin

Opinions?
Striking yes for tony pressure is a big no
chin for Khabib he has never even been knocked down while tony has been flipping and flopping
ground game for Tony isnt that great Danny Castillo controlled him with ease and even Kevin Lee did.
Cardio i would go with Tony but we dont know how his cardio would be when he is getting GNPed for a couple of rounds

Prime for prime I see very few lightweights giving Khabib problems. I don’t think Tony would have been the one to beat him.

chin>>>> khabibs chin

Opinions?

No chance. Tony got hype based off beating people that weren't elite except perhaps RDA. He stepped up and got battered. Khabib stepped up and raped people.

Tony literally has nothing for Khabib at any point in their careers. Doesn't punch hard enough, can't defend takedowns, gets rocked a lot, doesn't have cardio advantage etc.

Guy who basically tapped to strikes against Felder.. and has been subbed by multiple others.. is a better grappler than Khabib ?

No.

tumblr_p0g509RRSk1rofocqo9_250.gif

I don't think that's a proper representation of who Charles currently is as a fighter and I do think Khabib would beat him and Tony. That said, can we move beyond thinking tapping to strikes I'd a sign of weakness?

Back