Prime Fedro vs Prime GSP at the same weight

MescalineDreams

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
lets say hypothetically you have a match where both gsp and Fedro were the same weight and physical stature.

Stylistically who takes this fight?

Worth asking since they're two of the top GOAT candidates and you have to wonder who was the better fighter p4p

Fedro in his prime had great hips, was tricky off his back and he had excellent judo. He was very explosive on the feet, extremely fast for his size.. Could come out of nowhere and just end the fight. Pretty solid kicks and knees on the inside as well

Gsp had a great jab, decent overall boxing, peppering kicks along with great wrestling, transitions and timing between his striking and wrestling, he had very solid grappling fundamentals along with being extremely strong and heavy on top, great ground and pound, cardio to go 5 hard rounds.

Does gsp have the capability of beating an explosive tricky fighter in any area like Fedor throughout 5 rounds, does he get caught or even lose a decision himself.

P4p seems to be an interesting stylistic matchup, one which I think Gsp would have his hands full with

I think this one is a tough one. but youd have to favor GSP but who knows. Youd have to say Fedor would be a faster one, just because GSP while explosive wasnt the fastest. Fedor was fast at haevyweight, and when he fought guys like Sonnen, Lindland, Henderson, guys who fought at MW, he definitely didnt look slower but faster. I mean some might argue GSP was fast too, GSP was faster than guys like Fitch but yeah.

GSP isnt finishing Fedor. GSP couldnt finish Hardy, nor is Fedor Matt Serra or Matt Hughes on the feet.

GSP would be more polished of the two, and its pretty obvious what GSP is going to do, and its also going to be pretty obvious what Fedor is going to try to do.

I always felt like Fedor would get beat by someone with a great wrestling AND sub defense, before he lost three in a row.

GSP happen to have the best MMA wrestling AND legit BJJ black belt top game.

I think Fedor can finish GSP, but I dont think GSP can. I think Fedor could win a decision, but I think GSP is more likely to.

However, Fedor has never been wrestled fucked in his life, which is the only way GSP would win. I mentioned this before when he fought Bader. People say Arona might have beat him 2-1, but in Rings, I can see how Fedor won it because Arona didnt do jack shit and I think Fedor swept Arona from mount three times or something too and he kept going for guillotines. Or twice from mount and once from side control I cant remember.

You have to favour GSP, but Fedor would be the best fighter GSP would have fought.

GSP who fought against Matt Hughes 2
vs Fedor who fought against Nog/Crocop

You favour GSP, but you wouldnt be surprised if Fedor were to win. This is the correct answer.

Fedor by armbar
Hispanic Fedro by Liver shot

You have to think about the size and strength advantage Fedor would have over GSP.

I think he'd just be too much for GSP, for that reason only.

However, I think GSP was a better fighter overall.

Fedro name recognition issues, turns match into no contest.

If the power transfer over then Fedor knocks GSP out.

You have to think about the size and strength advantage Fedor would have over GSP.

I think he'd just be too much for GSP, for that reason only.

However, I think GSP was a better fighter overall.
The premise here is that they're both equally physically matched

Going with the GOAT, GSP, on this one.
It's either GSP via UD, or Fedor via a finish, but most likely, GSP would put Fedor on his ass, and play his transition game.

Back