Prime Fedor's style is the key to beating Jones

deadshot138

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
A style that brings constant pressure, never allowing Jones to establish range, is the key to beating him. Along with a great clinch/Greco game. Traditional wrestling won't work against Jones as he is too long and can snatch up a guillotine at any time.

A fight between Prime Fedor and Jon Jones would resemble Fedor/Sylvia. A blitzkrieg with a lightning - fast win for Emelianenko.

A style that brings constant pressure, never allowing Jones to establish range, is the key to beating him. Along with a great clinch/Greco game. Traditional wrestling won't work against Jones as he is too long and can snatch up a guillotine at any time.

A fight between Prime Fedor and Jon Jones would resemble Fedor/Sylvia. A blitzkrieg with a lightning - fast win for Emelianenko.

Jones via doctor stoppage.

Dude, the flames are coming at an alarming rate for a Tim/JJ comparison.. I hope you make it out ok!

Not sure how it would would hold up at hw... but Jones has one hell of a chin on him, i dnt think anyone just blasts him out of there.

Fedor would end up on his back pretty fast.

I think Hendo and DC is closest to Fedors style, but we all saw what happened.

I'm still waiting on Cormiers team to expose that Cormier was actually injured and fought anyways. It was either that or Cormier simply didn't believe in himself because the explosiveness that got him the nickname black Fedor simply wasn't there.

The notion that fighting inside is the key to beating Jones has been throughly debunked in his last 3 or so fights.

Prime fedor would get taken down by the Goat and be elbowed into a tko.

Last edited:
There is no style to beat Jones. We've seen him out-wrestle an Olympian (Cormier), submit two BJJ black belts (Machida and Vitor), stand toe to toe with two power punchers (Glover and Rashad) and submit a guy that doesn't get submitted (Rampage).

The only way you are going to beat Jones is to be young, fast, tall, rangey and well rounded. Gus is the only guy to give Jones a run for his money and that's because he's the closest to Jon in all of the areas that count. Styles aren't going to beat him, you just have to be his equal.

Jon has shown he can fight on the inside or the outside. He has also shown to have a great chin, fighting IQ, and conditioning. As it stands, the only way to defeat Jon Jones is to hope he drops 12 to 6 elbows on you.

Fedor would be about as difficult for JBJ as Chael Sonnen or Glover Teixeira were.

fedor was effective because he was a very fast heavyweight, and had devastating punches..... I cant count the lhw with the same talent set.

I think prime Randy would have given Jones a tough fight

I think Gustaffson is the right guy for the job. Personally, I think DC did great. To get in and actually cause some damage at close range (round 2) was really impressive. But the reach discrepancy was simply too great. Jones wasn't going to get ragdolled, so how are you going to trip him when your legs can't reach his? Jones had the tools and the reach to beat a really strong challenger. Hate the guy, but can't deny his abilities.

The guy to beat him will be tall, strong and skilled. Basically, someone like Jones himself.

I think prime Randy would have given Jones a tough fight

prime liddel would give him a hell of a fight. Strong standup with excellent takedown defense.

Gus pretty much figured jones out, but being his first 5 round fight to go 5 rounds, he was a bit gassy in the 5th. Gus can definitely take out Jones and vice versa.

Cormier was WAY overhyped to start with by sherdoggers. Anyone with a straight face can see that he was too short and not enough reach.

I'm still waiting on Cormiers team to expose that Cormier was actually injured and fought anyways. It was either that or Cormier simply didn't believe in himself because the explosiveness that got him the nickname black Fedor simply wasn't there.

He was plenty explosive in the first two rounds. He just crumbled mentally when Jones didnt fold under the constant pressure. Jones took his heart in the fourth, and he never got it back.

Back