Prime Fedor was unbeatable

Fedor is an all time great, but he was always beatable. Every educated MMA fan that has the ability to analyze a fight could see that.
Well, every fighter is beatable, but I think part of Fedor's aura of invincibility came from the times he almost lost, but won anyway.

Kevin Randleman quite literally slammed him headfirst with force that could kill a normal person and would almost certainly KO most fighters. Instead of being, you know, dead or unconscious, Fedor instead immediately recovers and slaps on a kimura.

He was a goat contender until he got stiffened by natural WW Dan Henderson

Well, every fighter is beatable, but I think part of Fedor's aura of invincibility came from the times he almost lost, but won anyway.

Kevin Randleman quite literally slammed him headfirst with force that could kill a normal person and would almost certainly KO most fighters. Instead of being, you know, dead or unconscious, Fedor instead immediately recovers and slaps on a kimura.

It was actually technique that saved Fedor during that Randleman throw. If you look closely Fedor puts his arm up before he lands which absorbed a lot if the impact of the blow. It's a technique that is taught in Judo. I'm not trying to take anything away from him here as It's still very impressive that he was able to stay so poised. It was still bonkers, but it looked a lot more gnarly than it actually was.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
It was actually technique that saved Fedor during that Randleman throw. If you look closely Fedor puts his arm up before he lands which absorbed a lot if the impact of the blow. It's a technique that is taught in Judo. I'm not trying to take anything away from here as It's still very impressive that he was able to stay so poised. It was still bonkers, but it looked a lot more gnarly than it actually was.

giphy.gif
That is absolutely true, he instinctively does a breakfall even at that awkward angle.

In pride with fixed fights. We saw what happened when he came to the US

No. Personally I think Fedor was beatable and his fans move the prime ball etc.

If PRIDE fixed fights Fedor would have lost them. They didn’t want him as champion, he was underrated, threatened, they spread rumors of him being a coward ducking Crocop, his team was held at gunpoint, held hostage. He went and fought for Inoki for 100k because he was getting 15-20k in PRIDE. They wanted Crocop to be the champion. Fedor went through endless shit because of it. So if PRIDE was fixing Fedor fights it would be against him.

https://www.amazon.com/Pound-Modern-Gladiators-Mixed-Martial-ebook/dp/B00AQPZGE4

Read this and learn about how disrespected Fedor was in PRIDE. For some reason all these PRIDE fanboys are clueless about these things. Not sure if it’s the Alzheimers or they just didn’t pay attention to mma drama the way they do now. Fedor wasn’t a prized possession and respected there. The investigation that led to the fall of PRIDE was because of Fedor being fucked with actually. Fedor killed PRIDE.

There were rumors spread that Fedor was "terrified" of CroCop.

Allegations were stirred up mainly by the shady yakuza backing of PRIDE that he had faked a hand injury to get out of fighting Mirko.

The PRIDE brass hated Fedor and never wanted him to be champion, especially after he had left the organization as champion to compete on Inoki's NYE show for respectable pay of 150k.

Not only did PRIDE try to smear Fedor's name to the public with false allegations they took it many, many steps further. For example.. Fedor's signature was forged on his PRIDE contract, which paid him next to nothing between 10 and 15k per fight, as champion, while Mirko was paid well over 100k by this point.

PRIDE had favorites and did all the shady shit you can imagine. They were worse and less transparent than the UFC.

Sakikabara tried to bribe, threaten, strong arm, fuck over and extort them badly. He did a bunch of sketchy things. They had to report these crimes to the Public Security Intelligence Agency (the Japanese FBI) because they used terrorism against them and their families. This killed PRIDE. Y’all should read up.

The book also has chapters on GSP and other fighters who had bad dealings etc. It’s just PRIDE went levels above when it comes to shady with Fedor.

Last edited:
When exactly did he stop being in his prime then?
Serious question bc he lost to Doom nearly 11 years ago and the fight before that was the rogers ko win that everyone loves to whore out when speaking of fedor.

31-33, the same as virtually everyone physically (who is natural). That's the age range when guys who barely ever lose start losing more consistently.

Did prime Fedor happen to coincidentally end at the same time he went to Strikeforce and almost got Ko’d by Brett Rodgers and took 3 straight L’s?

1. He was already starting to look worse against Arlovski.

2. He didn't almost get KO'd by Rogers.

3. When guys start declining they usually do start losing more....

It's sort of crazy the standard Fedor's haters have for him. The guy is going to be 45 in 6 months and is still fighting. He has faced a who's who at HW and has still only lost 6 fights (all of them in his mid-30s to mid 40s except the cut to TK). That is completely insane. Show me a guy who has been fighting as a pro in top MMA organizations, who has beat as many legends as Fedor has, and has had a 21 year long career, with only 6 losses. We have seen so many guys come and go in the last 21 years and Fedor is still here. Tito was fighting Wanderlei Silva in the UFC when Fedor started, that's how long ago it was.

I'm a fan of all three but Fedor, Anderson and GSP in their primes wouldn't be champions in the present day. The sport has evolved and their skills aren't anything special compared to the new breed.

Total BS. Old completely washed up Anderson Silva took Izzy to a pretty close decision not that long ago. Fedor came in 2nd place, in his mid 40s, in a HW tournament to crown the new champ, and GSP moved up in weight and beat the reigning MW champ not that long ago. All of these guys (especially Anderson and Fedor) were WAY past their prime and still put up respectable performances. We don't see any of the skills these dudes brought to the table in their primes in anyone today as a complete package. If anything, HW is much much worse than back in the day. It's devolved into overweight guys slugging it out.

HOLY CRAP?! A dude in his 40s can lose a fight?! I never knew! Wait, isn't that the same dude who KO'd the UFC's #2 HW in 41 seconds? And that #2 HW beat the almighty #1 UFC HW in Ngannou. OMG! Everyone has lost before so they all suck!

31-33, the same as virtually everyone physically (who is natural). That's the age range when guys who barely ever lose start losing more consistently.

1. He was already starting to look worse against Arlovski.

2. He didn't almost get KO'd by Rogers.

3. When guys start declining they usually do start losing more....

It's sort of crazy the standard Fedor's haters have for him. The guy is going to be 45 in 6 months and is still fighting. He has faced a who's who at HW and has still only lost 6 fights (all of them in his mid-30s to mid 40s except the cut to TK). That is completely insane. Show me a guy who has been fighting as a pro in top MMA organizations, who has beat as many legends as Fedor has, and has had a 21 year long career, with only 6 losses. We have seen so many guys come and go in the last 21 years and Fedor is still here. Tito was fighting Wanderlei Silva in the UFC when Fedor started, that's how long ago it was.

Total BS. Old completely washed up Anderson Silva took Izzy to a pretty close decision not that long ago. Fedor came in 2nd place, in his mid 40s, in a HW tournament to crown the new champ, and GSP moved up in weight and beat the reigning MW champ not that long ago. All of these guys (especially Anderson and Fedor) were WAY past their prime and still put up respectable performances. We don't see any of the skills these dudes brought to the table in their primes in anyone today as a complete package. If anything, HW is much much worse than back in the day. It's devolved into overweight guys slugging it out.

HOLY CRAP?! A dude in his 40s can lose a fight?! I never knew! Wait, isn't that the same dude who KO'd the UFC's #2 HW in 41 seconds? And that #2 HW beat the almighty #1 UFC HW in Ngannou. OMG! Everyone has lost before so they all suck!
<PlusJuan>

I'm a fan of all three but Fedor, Anderson and GSP in their primes wouldn't be champions in the present day. The sport has evolved and their skills aren't anything special compared to the new breed.
Highly disagree about Fedor. Around 2003-2005, he would have beaten anyone on the HW roster today. GSP would also have beaten most if not all the current roster.

Huge Fedor fan and I largely consider him one of the top 5 GOATS, but no one is unbeatable, Fedor showed a lot of vulnerability against stronger guys and Fujita proved he can be hurt. Though at the same time, I think at his peak, he had a larger aura of dominance. Out of all the GOATS, I felt there they could lose...with Fedor I always knew he'd somehow find a way to win no matter how big the obstacle.

What made Fedor great was his ability to fight his opponent's fight or come back from adversity. He wasn't unbeatable in his prime.....

Well considering I've been watching and teaching mma for years. Prime Fedor skillet still would hold in today HW standards. I think his biggest obstacle would be that HW are a little bigger. However the skills of most HW were nowhere near prime Fedor skill.

Fedor speed and explosive was crazy. He could blend throws seemingly when attacking with strikes. Which I haven't seen any HW do that until this day. (Maybe dc comes closets.)

Fedor would kick, high kick, strike , throw ,gnp and sub.(most HW cant do all this)

Fedor was pretty durable being much smaller than most HW. People cry about weight classes but fedor was usually lighter than most of his opponents.

The closets guy to fedor imo was prime DC and look how well DC did. They were about same size. Even then fedor had more skillets than DC minus the wrestling.

I actually think DC prime was when he was in strikeforce. You can see the speed and strength difference he had before his ufc career.
You won’t see me disagreeing with any of this, fedor is one of the greatest fighters that has ever lived.

Back