Prime Fedor was unbeatable

When exactly did he stop being in his prime then?
2007-2008; he went from the gold medal at the World Sambo Championships to the bronze medal, he'd been competing in Sambo for ten years, competing in MMA for eight years, and it was around this time he started utilizing less grappling and did more head hunting in his fights.

I'm a fan of all three but Fedor, Anderson and GSP in their primes wouldn't be champions in the present day. The sport has evolved and their skills aren't anything special compared to the new breed.

There's nothing special about the skills of Usman or Stipe compared to Grease or Fedor. Specially on defense Stipe and Usman are terrible standing and defend punches with their faces. Neither are very good gurapplers either.

Izzy had a 29-28 FOTN against a short notice post leg bureak 44yo Anderson

prime Anderson silva
3sIz.gif

4MDT9sgr-cT8yF4DMmwz_YBMqxli7-GU4Bgh4maiRsqAE4TgV1EC_4GQvvx8LB02qb9QbMguJQG7v4i-N7kPfDw9weTrZI-NnurToWdF78DYaJW1CemKQd_I1tyzeRGawqxqhqpEDA

GettyImages-512721632.0.jpg

In pride with fixed fights. We saw what happened when he came to the US
He beat the UFC #1 contender and the worlds no.2 ranked HW at the time.

In a row.

Via 1rnd finishes.

He would've beaten the then UFC Interim HW champ as well but he already beat him twice before...

And then he was transferred to a new org for the n-th time and all that shit eventually took a toll on his schedule and training. Never mind the fact that he was getting fatter, balder and more out of prime by the minute.

WAR FEDOR!!!!!

2007-2008; he went from the gold medal at the World Sambo Championships to the bronze medal, he'd been competing in Sambo for ten years, competing in MMA for eight years, and it was around this time he started utilizing less grappling and did more head hunting in his fights.

Yeah I thought this was well documented by now. Even his trainers were talking about it back then. Also his hands were breaking more in training and we're fragile compared to his purime years that's why he needed early finishes later on because he couldn't have the long term success in fights anymore.

His head coach was also on record while he was still undefeated, saying he was spending too much time on commercials and movies compared to before specially with Affliction and generally the post-Japan treatment with the star power in Murrica

theres a lot of propaganda and only the most hardcore fans frequent these sites. weve seen the docs and the highlights and the fights. he was great.

honestly, the truth for me is that pride and the UFC are so far apart from each other. more so than we probably give it credit for, almost to the point of being kind of a different sport. different environment, different match making, different rules, different scoring, different round times. i mean vastly different when you really get into the nitty gritty of it. not to mention the training and practices changing so much in the last 20 years, its very hard to compare guys from now to guys from back then. youll be able to say the same thing in another 10-20 years about a guy like stipe and the future champ, as well.

the exponential growth in a sport like this happens so fast. its so young. lets just appreciate what weve seen and what were seeing. i love combat!

Well considering I've been watching and teaching mma for years. Prime Fedor skillet still would hold in today HW standards. I think his biggest obstacle would be that HW are a little bigger. However the skills of most HW were nowhere near prime Fedor skill.

Fedor speed and explosive was crazy. He could blend throws seemingly when attacking with strikes. Which I haven't seen any HW do that until this day. (Maybe dc comes closets.)

Fedor would kick, high kick, strike , throw ,gnp and sub.(most HW cant do all this)

Fedor was pretty durable being much smaller than most HW. People cry about weight classes but fedor was usually lighter than most of his opponents.

The closets guy to fedor imo was prime DC and look how well DC did. They were about same size. Even then fedor had more skillets than DC minus the wrestling.

I actually think DC prime was when he was in strikeforce. You can see the speed and strength difference he had before his ufc career.

He was the second most unbeatable fighter I've seen.

He was put in tough spots in a lot of fights, but always came back and destroyed.

Khabib never really even met resistance.
Too bad he mainly fought people out of the top 5 in his class

When exactly did he stop being in his prime then?
Serious question bc he lost to Doom nearly 11 years ago and the fight before that was the rogers ko win that everyone loves to whore out when speaking of fedor.

When he was in his mid twenties..

Wasn't a part of his charm that he could almost lose and still somehow find a way to win because he's part cyborg? Thinking about the Fujita and Randleman fights.

I got Fedor as my all-time GOAT fighter, but I still feel that an overwhelmingly physical wrestler with a chin or a striker who's faster than him can beat him. Good ol' styles make fights.

For example, I'd pick DC over Fedor even though I rank Fedor higher overall. Resume vs head-to-head matchups.

He started to rely on and buy into his aura a little too much by the time he joined Strikeforce. Still the GOAT but losing to Hendo definitively shattered the doubts he used to instill in opponents.

I consider beating old, complacent Fedor to be the best wins of Werdum, Bigfoot and especially Hendo. Dan was lucky in that fight, it couldve carried on. The bigfoot fight and stoppage was legit but Ill always wonder about what wouldve happened in the third round.

I'll never forget watching this dude get seismic tossed on his neck by a freak athlete and then making him scream in pain from a kimura 30 seconds later

There isn't a human being in history I'd favor to beat purime Fedor in a fight

People that were watching UFC at that time, knew about Pride with its deep pool of talent with less rules. Most people I talked to thought that Pride had more talent than UFC at that time.

Fedor was something else. When He was motivated, and in his prime, it was very hard to see him lose. He just did everything....fast hands..grappling and wresting. and good cardio. ..Bas asked Fedor if his secret was the Kettle Bells lol..but the reason Bas said secret was a show of respect....he just seem to exist in Russia in the Snowy mountains and was on another level than everyone else....just destroying people...I think he went 10 years before Pride fell? ...

People watching UFC now have to realize what was going on in UFC and Pride back then. Before Pride fell. What fighters were what ....and how good....before Pride fell...when Rampage and all those pride fighters came to UFC...right around that time, I would say the talent and skill in UFC had started to increase...not just those fighters but talent from America. ....It grew allot and now its hard to compare the two different times between before pride fell and now.

Back