Prime Fedor vs Jon Jones

it's frankly absurd to simply presume it's an easy win for fedor, who didn't face anyone like jones. jones has length, dynamic and unpredictable striking, and is a great wrestler and very strong in the clinch. jones of course has ways to win, including taking fedor down.

Prime Fedor is way way way stronger than Jones and way quicker too. Jones would get KOed in the first round. No doubt about it. All Jones' eye pokes and spinning elbows nonsense would not have worked against Prime Fedor. Prime Fedor would have just thrown a few lightning quick perfectly-aimed powerful punches and KOed Jones. There is no scenario where Jones could beat a Prime Fedor.

Great post! This has never been done before......

Jones beats Fedor up 9/10 times. and i hate Jones with a passion.

Prime Fedor is way way way stronger than Jones and way quicker too. Jones would get KOed in the first round. No doubt about it. All Jones' eye pokes and spinning elbows nonsense would not have worked against Prime Fedor. Prime Fedor would have just thrown a few lightning quick perfectly-aimed powerful punches and KOed Jones. There is no scenario where Jones could beat a Prime Fedor.
lol. who did prime fedor knock out (people like to conflate the aa/rogers fedor with kettlebell fedor)???? what wrestlers did prime fedor manhandle? fedor was amazing and he of course could win but your perception is simply delusional and not supported evidence from actual fights. fedor got dumped on his head by randlman, would unquestionably have been dumped by lindland without the ropes, and was taken down by coleman and arona. the tough opponents in his true prime were not knocked out.

Prime Fedor was so dominant and aggressive in his heyday that there's just no comparison. By contrast, Jones is a less aggressive and defensive fighter compared to Prime Fedor. I truly think Jones would be scared the entire match. Prime Fedor would intimidate the heck outta Jones.

Prime Fedor was the best MMA fighter so far in the history of the sport. It doesn't matter what utter garbage Dana White said about Fedor. Dana White was incredibly angry and jealous that he could not get Fedor to fight in the UFC.

Most of us who have been watching MMA since the early 2000s know that Fedor is the GOAT. That's why his nickname is "The Last Emperor". Jon Jones is a very good fighter, but he's no Fedor. And the fact that Jones ducks HW says it all. Jones did everything possible to avoid fighting Stipe Miocic back when Stipe was champion. Heck, I think even Francis Ngannou would KO Jones in a HW fight, but it's very unlikely Jones would risk fighting him and blemish his MMA record.

You watching Fedor and his nickname IMO discredit the viewpoint as being on the merits. It's a nostalgia thing.

Jones KO'd the HW champ....of both promotions. DC KO'd the most consistant UFC champ ever you're accusing Jones of ducking despite being five inches shorter and the verge of retirement. This logic is just all wrong.

HW is worse not better. It's a step down not up I don't know how much more evidence people need.

Jones cut weight to fight LHW for a reason. He is even afraid of today weak and old HW division.. share a cage/ring with the HW GOAT in his prime? forget it.

<mma1><Fedor23>

This response was very accurate. It’s ridiculous to even fathom Jones beating Prime Fedor (the greatest HW MMA fighter of all time) when Jones is scared to fight anyone in the UFC HW division. Jones knows his limits very well. There’s a reason he doesn’t fight HW.

Jones would beat up Fedor BAD. He would expose Fedor's primitive MMA game. It wouldn't be even competitive. It's not really even fair to compare athletes in a quickly evolving game across different eras.

If we're talking prime Jones that still used his wrestling, I think he takes Fedor down smashes him.

Love me some Fedor, but I don't think anyone beats a 225lb prime juiced up Jones.

Insane reach, amazing wrestling, and GOAT cardio.

Only way he loses is by KO or freak submission, and I don't think Fedor could catch him. I feel like Werdum would stylistically be Jon's hardest match up.

Back