Prime Fedor vs Jon Jones

Circa 2005 Fedor, i just see Jons skinny legs flying through the air, landing in the corner of the ring and getting pulverized...

One of the easiest hypothetical fights in mma: Jones takes Fedor down (Fedor got taken down by Lindland) and beats him up with elbows. Fedor is suspect to cuts, that's a fact, and Fedor would be stopped after the first round. Easy.
Or this

belfort-jones.gif

Plus this

200.gif

you never know...

In all honesty I favour Jones in the cage+unified, but Fedor in ring+(more dangerous pride rules).

Fedor's striking is specially ment to create chaos and transition into clinch/ sambo/judo trows.
And he was sucessfull with it, he KO'd people well.

Arlovski and Tim are solid strikers and much bigger than Jones, yet Fedor adapted and smoked them.
The can i brought up is a fucking Olympic silver medalist judoka, noob.

Who did Jones sub?
Old ass MW Vitor, MW Machida, old ass horrible grappler JAckson, green wrestler Bader ( at that time).

All Jones beat he had either weight or a huge reach advantage, or both.
That's why he is scared shitless to go to HW.

Would love to see Jones fight HW roid Werdum and get subbed himself.

Tim Sylvia was fucking 280 pounds, size matters and Fedor smoked him with ease.
Cro Cop - almost no one was able to take him dawn, his sprawl was great.

Nogueira started training in judo at the age of 4, boxing at 14 and Brazilian jiu-jitsu at 18.
So he started it before BJJ. No shame in being outstruck by CC, who was a K-1 contender.
And yes, he had trouble with Tim's huge size and reach, but then adapted and beat him.

So if it was Fedor, who chose to go to UFC, he would beat Tim, as he did, Mir, as he did and i hope you admit he's beat Randy. His first real test would be Cain.

2009 Arlovski was in his prime with nice resume and few losses. And the F-bomb , Fedor caught him with would KO 90% of HW.
Unlike now, in 2009 Arlovski was very solid win, he was top 5 HW easy,

So Fedor almost always fought in a disadvantage, giving up either
1-size
2- reach
3- opponent was roided or on TRT.
or various simultaneously.

And still went on 33 figth winning streak.
BTW, Sonnen , which fought both, said Fedor was most explosive and strong.

Jones is only 30, got 23 wins and he allready was caught cheating a lot, using roids, looks like he can't win without them anymore, which discredits his resume.

And he is scared to move up, even to fight HW DC, who he beat allready.Told himself, that a HW DC is dangerous for him, he prefers depleted LHW DC.

I really think, that with strict USADA and VADA testing and fighting at HW, Jones gets destroyed by DC, Cain, Stipe. Others in top 10 is a toss up.

Bla bla bla. After Fedor got thoroughly embarassed tonight I don't even have to read or bother replying to all that fanwank. Facts speak for themselves, noob. I'm sure you have a bunch of excuses and mental gymnastics ready about how Fedor is out of his prime and MMA math doesn't always work. None of that changes how easily he got put down in one minute by a guy Jones already dominated. There plenty of fighters who are still competitive a decade into their career, despite their age. Fedor isn't one of them because he never evolved his game. The weakness in his game tonight is a weakness that's already been pointed out and always been there. His old age only made it more obvious and less disputable. His boxing and defense sucks, even in his prime.

Last edited:
Bla bla bla. After Fedor got thoroughly embarassed tonight I don't even have to read or reply to all that. Facts speak for themselves. I'm sure you have a bunch of excuses and mental gymnastics ready about how Fedor is out of his prime and MMA math doesn't always work. None of that changes how easily he got put down in one minute by a guy Jones already dominated. There are no shortage of examples of fighters who still competitive a decade into their career. Fedor isn't one of them. His boxing and defense sucks, even in his prime.
ryan-bader-fedor-emelianenko-bellator-214-2.jpg

If tonight's fight had any influence on your opinion to the thread topic, you are an idiot.

If you think his recent victories are proof of his strengths in his prime and his losses aren't an indicators of his weaknesses in his prime, you're an idiot.

Bla bla bla. After Fedor got thoroughly embarassed tonight I don't even have to read or bother replying to all that fanwank. Facts speak for themselves, noob. I'm sure you have a bunch of excuses and mental gymnastics ready about how Fedor is out of his prime and MMA math doesn't always work. None of that changes how easily he got put down in one minute by a guy Jones already dominated. There plenty of fighters who are still competitive a decade into their career, despite their age. Fedor isn't one of them because he never evolved his game. The weakness in his game tonight is a weakness that's already been pointed out and always been there. His old age only made it more obvious and less disputable. His boxing and defense sucks, even in his prime.

Bla bla what? I stated the facts, looks like you have nothing to answer.

Yes, he is out of his prime. Do you also consider that Chucks KO loss to Tito showed
the same ability he demonstated in his prime?

Fedor did not compete for a decade, he did for TWO Decades!
He had many injuries and his chin and reflexes are gone, just like Chucks, Randy's
and all others.

This topic is about PRIME Fedor vs Jones, looks like you need to work on your reading comprehenison.

If you think his recent victories are proof of his strengths in his prime and his losses aren't an indicators of his weaknesses in his prime, you're an idiot.

You are if you think otherwise.

I am new here and don't know how to start a thread, so I am replying to this old thread.

Anyways, I have been watching MMA since 2002 and I can tell you that Jon Jones is nowhere near as quick, explosive, and powerful as Fedor was in his prime. Prime Fedor was a far more dominant fighter than Jones, and I can't even really explain why. You have to watch Fedor's old matches to see what I mean. And as some others have said here, Jones ducks HW because he's scared of the power those fighters have. Therefore, to try to compare Jones to Prime Fedor is laughable. Prime Fedor EASILY beats Jones any way he wants to. This wouldn't have been a close match at all.

Jon Jones via first round spinning elbow KO.

The fact this conversation is a thing is so disrespectful to the GOAT and it's sad how the Fedor fanboys refuse to let go of the past and insist on making a mockery of any GOAT discussion by including the best fighter from an era where fighters were so much worse.

Last edited:
LOL like who? Fedor was always 220-225, so he was thinking guys that were 215? Dan Henderson doesnt count as I was talking about Prime Fedor in my post, and Hendo beat him as Fedor was losing at that point. Too late in his career <{1-12}>
fedor was not 220-225 most of his career. more like 235-240.

Jon Jones via first round spinning elbow KO.

The fact this conversation is a thing is so disrespectful to the GOAT and it's sad how the Fedor fanboys refuse to let go of the past.

Most of us who have been watching MMA since the early 2000s know that Fedor is the GOAT. That's why his nickname is "The Last Emperor". Jon Jones is a very good fighter, but he's no Fedor. And the fact that Jones ducks HW says it all. Jones did everything possible to avoid fighting Stipe Miocic back when Stipe was champion. Heck, I think even Francis Ngannou would KO Jones in a HW fight, but it's very unlikely Jones would risk fighting him and blemish his MMA record.

Prime Fedor was a far more dominant fighter than Jones.

That's simply not true. Prime Fedor was severely rocked vs Fujita, was in an armbar vs Hunt, had a close fight vs Arona (that a lot of people thought he lost), had his back taken vs Coleman, was on the receiving end of g'n'p vs Herring, looked rocked vs Cro Cop, weak in the wrestling vs Lindland ... and that's not counting his losses if you think that he was out of his prime vs Werdum, Henderson, etc.

Jones has been in exactly two tough spots: the armbar vs Vitor and the grueling first fight vs Gustaffson. Other than that he's been completely dominant.

I am new here and don't know how to start a thread, so I am replying to this old thread.

Anyways, I have been watching MMA since 2002 and I can tell you that Jon Jones is nowhere near as quick, explosive, and powerful as Fedor was in his prime. Prime Fedor was a far more dominant fighter than Jones, and I can't even really explain why. You have to watch Fedor's old matches to see what I mean. And as some others have said here, Jones ducks HW because he's scared of the power those fighters have. Therefore, to try to compare Jones to Prime Fedor is laughable. Prime Fedor EASILY beats Jones any way he wants to. This wouldn't have been a close match at all.
it's frankly absurd to simply presume it's an easy win for fedor, who didn't face anyone like jones. jones has length, dynamic and unpredictable striking, and is a great wrestler and very strong in the clinch. jones of course has ways to win, including taking fedor down.

Back