Prime Dan Henderson vs Jon Jones

Jones has way too many attributes over Hendo. The only things Hendo has advantages in would be KO power and chin. Hendo is far smaller and worse in basically every aspect.

It would be like Serra vs. GSP. Could be a huge upset given the power, but everything else favors one guy.

Who takes it and why? I think the H Bomb with the wrassling could give Jones a Real problem. Hendo fought Nog and Fedor and gave Anderson all he could handle rich Franklin too.

I got Hendo

You sir, are an idiot...that same prime hendo couldn't even beat rampage jackson or jake shields..get real...hendo was vastly over rated. and jones would have destroyed him very very easily...not even remotely close.

Jon jones destroy and make fun of him with ease.
How’s this even a question?
It's people like this that make the educated mma fans hate that they allow anyone to watch mma. Nothing is easy man. It's a fucking fight and anyone of these top level fighters and even lower ranked guys always has a chance in a fight. Anything can and has happened so far in mma for any one with any knowledge of it to say jon Jones easily beats a prime Hendo. Jones has more tools is bigger with a longer reach sure but Hendo has fought and beaten heavyweights and has true knockout power that can change the fight in an instant. He is probably the very last guy who should ever be counted out in a fight.

A better comparison is prime cain with prime jones. Cain would win with relentless pressure and strikes.

This was actually supposed to happen at that cancelled UFC event, the “sport killer” one. Jones looked unbeatable at that point and I don’t think that would’ve changed. Probably would’ve tko’d Hendo with elbows on the ground or more likely submitted him.

I love Hendo, so I refuse to be rational about this.
Hendo wins easy, tosses him around like a bag of roids and sends him to lala land.

You sir, are an idiot...that same prime hendo couldn't even beat rampage jackson or jake shields..get real...hendo was vastly over rated. and jones would have destroyed him very very easily...not even remotely close.
you should've seen the "best ufc fighter to never win a belt" and people were picking hendo to beat Romero. lol a lot of mma fans let nostalgia/emotion blind their judgement.

jones wins. hed have a massive length advantage on hendo

I feel like it would be much like Jones vs. Shogun in how lopsided it would end.
Yeah and Shogun is like 100x more dynamic standing than Hendo. Not that kicks played much of a role in Shogun/Jones, but at least hypothetically they could I guess. Hendo is a fairly slow moving right hand ... and that's like it. Unless Jones was of the mind to bite down on his mouth piece and see who is tougher, he would win easily. We're not talking about Bisping being a moron and circling INTO the ONLY weapon Hendo had to offer him and getting blasted, we're talking about Jon fucking Jones lol.

Jones is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy bigger than Hendo and is a wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better athlete.

Prime Hendo got taken down by inferior wrestlers to Jones.

Jones subs Hendo after some brutal GNP.

A better comparison is prime cain with prime jones. Cain would win with relentless pressure and strikes.
Not really same weight class but a fight to fap to.

You may be right, but Cains pressure does leave him open and Jones makes money in those niches.

We never saw the best version of Hendo. Young hendo wasn't that focused, didn't always show up in shape, and he didn't have a lot of of confidence in is striking. Old hendo stayed in great shape and had dangerous striking, but forgot how to wrestle.. and he was old.

If hendo was 15 years younger, and had the benefit of the $$ and training available to the younger fighters... he would be a wrecking machine.

Jon would sub him...but if that H-bomb landed then that shit would be legendary

Love Hendo but lets be honest, at no point in his career was he ever an absolute cream of the crop top of the tree elite guy, he was just a very good fighter who had exceptional longevity.

Jones beats him easily.

Randy best guy imo to beat jones. With that background
Randy mauls him imo

Didn't Henderson duck Jones and try to force a short notice fight on him with Sonnen? Then, when Jones refused it like anyone with enough common sense to exercise their agency, people actually tried to act like he owed everyone something.

Back