Prime Conor > Prime Poirier > Prime Holloway > Prime Aldo?

Dustin isn’t a better fighter than max, max did a lazy weight class jump and suffered for it, he was clearly significantly smaller than Dustin. Each punch Dustin landed was like a small grenade exploding on Holloway’s face.

Even still, Max had great moments where he almost overwhelmed Dustin completely. Max with proper weight preparation would’ve been a completely different fight.

Peak Aldo > Peak Max > Peak Conor > Peak Dustin
That’s my opinion as of now if by “prime” you mean their individual peaks.

Of course this can all change next weekend if Dustin beats Conor and shows up in top form.

I personally don’t hold much stock in Conor beating an extremely young Max, it’s not enough to discount what max has done in his career since.

Youre complaining about size dude? Do you also complain about size when Holloway clearly towers and dwarfs every opponent he has at FW? Halloway is one of the top 3 biggest FW's and you dont complain about that do you? Max made Kattar looked like a hobbit and still couldnt finish Kattar. He also made Aldo look like a hobbit and Aldo isnt a small FW.

So if youre going to whine about Max being small vs Dustin you should also whine about Max being bigger than all his opponents.

Dustin>Max all day, every day, any day, any weight.... Conor>Dustin + Max....

Aldo in his prime with his kicks was the stuff of nightmares :eek:
:eek: Then he just kinda stopped kicking and the losses piled up :eek:
Aldo actually only threw alot of kicks in 2 mma fights. No idea where this Aldo Leg Kick thing ever came from. Watch all his fights

FW Holloway beats FW Poirier.
Except for the fact we literally seen Dustin make Holloway his bitch at Featherweight LOL

054_Dustin_Poirier_vs_Max_Holloway_gallery_post.jpg

Except for the fact we literally seen Dustin make Holloway his bitch at Featherweight LOL

Literally Max's UFC debut, in 2012. Peak FW Max beats Peak FW Poirier.

Prime Aldo smashes them all. Especially Conor and Max., who can't check a leg kick to save their life

I'd potentially argue that beating down and finishing Aldo twice like Max did is more impressive than catching him with a shot like Conor did.

Aldo wasn't much out of prime when he fought Max anyway, he looked like the same old Aldo against Moicano and Stephens to me and those fights were after Max.
This is what most people don't really understand.

The best Aldo I've seen was Aldo from the Holloway 2 fight.

Prime Aldo smashes them all. Especially Conor and Max., who can't check a leg kick to save their life
Aldo would never beat a switch-hitter who can turn him and exploit his pivots like Holloway. Prime Aldo beats the likes of Yan and Moraes. He still drops an L to Max.

Max got the better of the striking in the first Poirier fight but had no ground game. In the second fight the power was the difference. It was a very competitive fight but Poirier was a full blown hard hitting lightweight that had grown into the division. I think Poirier loses to currnt version of Max at 145. Poirier's best division is 155, for Max it's 145. Conor is great in both divisions and will dust Poirier tho. Holloway has the longest divisional streak in UFC history, most strikes thrown/landed in a fight etc.. Poirier doesn't have those kind of records and Mcgregor is not active enough. I can see Max getting the belt again and cementing himself as the clear 145 GOAT ahead of Aldo.

Prime-for-prime I think Aldo reigns supreme. Poirier is susceptible to low kicks as we saw against Gaethje. Conor can be taken down and beaten up. Aldo's wrestling is absurdly underrated.

Holloway is a toss-up, just because Max is slightly taller, just as fast, and has really good defensive habits. Aldo's low kicks would ruin his flat-footed style though.

Dustin isn’t a better fighter than max, max did a lazy weight class jump and suffered for it, he was clearly significantly smaller than Dustin. Each punch Dustin landed was like a small grenade exploding on Holloway’s face.

Even still, Max had great moments where he almost overwhelmed Dustin completely. Max with proper weight preparation would’ve been a completely different fight.

Peak Aldo > Peak Max > Peak Conor > Peak Dustin
That’s my opinion as of now if by “prime” you mean their individual peaks.

Of course this can all change next weekend if Dustin beats Conor and shows up in top form.

I personally don’t hold much stock in Conor beating an extremely young Max, it’s not enough to discount what max has done in his career since.

Conor beat all 3 of them, 2x prime vs prime and 1x pre-prime vs pre-prime. He did it quite easily too. He has never been dominated in the stand up and his only weakness would be gassing from beating a fighter's face in and the fighter won't go down because of his insane chin.

You need to do insane mental gymnastics to state prime Conor is the worst out of them. Either that, or you're clueless about MMA.

Close. But Aldo at his best was a much better fighter than Poirier.

How in the world do we twist reality and logic via the "transitive property" to reach a point where Porier is supposedly better than Jose Aldo?

Jose Aldo was the king of FW. He is the FW GOAT.

Dustin Porier was barely top 5 in the division. He wasn't even anywhere close to as good as Chad Mendes at FW for example. Now his LW achievements definitely count and add on, but still come on lol, he's not even fucking close to Aldo.

Holloway fought Porier at LW after moving up on a whim. Styles make fights also, and Aldo clearly lost some gas and was trending down. McGregor also beat him first and took some mystique away.
This man understands

Conor beat all 3 of them, 2x prime vs prime and 1x pre-prime vs pre-prime. He did it quite easily too. He has never been dominated in the stand up and his only weakness would be gassing from beating a fighter's face in and the fighter won't go down because of his insane chin.

You need to do insane mental gymnastics to state prime Conor is the worst out of them. Either that, or you're clueless about MMA.
He says Aldo and Max are above Conor, Dustin is behind. It's not that bold of a statement?

I think a prime Aldo beats Holloway and Poirier.

Were it not for Conor flattening him he would be going down as one of the GOATS

Conor at his very best beats all 3 and it really doesn't look as close as you might think

Conor, Prime Aldo, Poirer, Volk, and most likely Prime Mendes all beat Holloway at 145, 3 of them already did. Holloway is very beatable when you don't play his game and pick him apart.

I don’t know what is more insane, that Max was 20 years old, that this was his fifth professional fight or that he had only been a pro for 18 months.

Let me clarify, current Holloway/prime Holloway beats current/prime FW Poirier.

Back